Member Wars Requests & Support - Page 16 of 26

Krusten, that sounds like a nice feature and - Page 16 - D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Posted: 17th Apr, 2013 - 10:12pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

05th May 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Draconian
Draconian
Wizard
Wizard
Rogue
Rogue
Ranger
Ranger
Paladin
Paladin
Fighter
Fighter
Warlock
Warlock
Barbarian
Barbarian
Cleric
Cleric

+  « First of 26 pgs.  12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20  ...Latest (26) »
Closed
RPG Support Need help understanding the RPG Etiquette? Want to see something new? Got a question about the features here or a complaint? Put it here and we will see if something can be done for the Member Wars Board in general. For individual role-playing games please use your Dungeon Master
9th Apr, 2013 - 4:10pm / Post ID: #

Member Wars Requests & Support - Page 16

JB, I have a question. Does the Constructive Posting Policy apply also to dialogues? What I want to know is, specifically: in direct speech, am I allowed to put racist or sexist comments or to use dirty talk (bad words) or sexual references? In my game, the party is starting to deal with some individuals of very low morality and social provenience, real scum, and I don't know how much "Realism" I can put in their dialogues. I would not do it every time and always avoiding exagerations but some bad words or sexist comments could be a tool to cause certain reactions in some of the party members.

Sponsored Links:
9th Apr, 2013 - 9:43pm / Post ID: #

Support and Requests Wars Member

The Dice Master says...

To answer this I will first like to emphasize some of the reasons why the Constructive Posting Policy is there in the first place. In the course of doing so it may answer your question as I rather not just say "Yes" or "No" without reasoning behind it.

The International Discussions database (including the role-playing games):

* Is catering for an audience that includes children (in other words "ALL ages") as we cannot control who reads what you Post save for the Mature section.
* Is shown in our network (other site's pages display what you write, not just here)
* Is International so dialects, slang, and derogatory statements should not be used

It will be up to you as GM to come up with a worded strategy to overcome these 'limitations' in what you want to accomplish. For instance:

Instead of: The man says "You [insert expletive] at the woman while showing his [body part] at her."

Use instead: The foul mouthed man displays his gutter-like tone and mentality by using the most abrasive language against the woman, hurling degrading insults while showing his manhood much to the discontent of those around."

Of course the latter method is longer, but it is more descriptive. I hope that helps clarify, if it doesn't then in a word "Yes" our policies apply everywhere in the Community.

10th Apr, 2013 - 2:24am / Post ID: #

Member Wars Requests & Support Archive Pathfinder / D&D

Thank you for the answer. Actually, I was not thinking about something so vulgar: I would never use the first example you made opting, of course, for the second. I was wondering more about those words that are in the twilight zone, words that are not technically "Bad words" but that are universally recognized as insults like "Idiot" or "Bastard".
At least in my language, they are acceptable in the proper context. Following the two examples, I can define an idiot somebody that lost his mental faculties because of a lobotomy and is normal (even in written language) to call bastard a dog of mixed race (actually in Italian that's the correct definition for a dog without pedigree). But, both words, are insults if addressed to somebody.
I would never call another member like that but I was wondering if I can use them in direct speech for the games.

10th Apr, 2013 - 2:39am / Post ID: #

Page 16 Support and Requests Wars Member

The Dice Master says...

Oh, yes you can use those kinds of words so long as it is clear they are directed to the Character and not the Player (sometimes Players confuse the two).

10th Apr, 2013 - 3:54am / Post ID: #

Support and Requests Wars Member

Ok, thank you again. I plan to use such words only in particular situations and always within brackets, in direct speech, to avoid misunderstandings.

17th Apr, 2013 - 9:36pm / Post ID: #

Member Wars Requests & Support

JB just asking, this isn't a request really, more of an inquiry if you plan to add symbols to our posts for our characters. I saw this in some of your other games and it will be nice to have something that kind of describes our character other than out avatar or familiar.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 17th Apr, 2013 - 9:53pm / Post ID: #

Member Wars Requests & Support
A Friend

Member Wars Requests & Support - Page 16

I have a request. In some of the other [games in] the forum in game posting area above each players post the characters name race and level and class list out. I was wondering if I can get this added for my game, for my players, the way it is in Bruconero game.

17th Apr, 2013 - 10:12pm / Post ID: #

Member Wars Requests & Support D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Page 16

The Dice Master says...

Krusten, that sounds like a nice feature and I may look at it in the future but because of the work load involved I don't see it as a need right now since I will have to make it available for so many different role-playing games.

KittenPunk, in the Member Wars section it is only Bruconero's game that has it formatted in this manner and it will eventually be phased out as it takes up too many fields. It was fine when KNtoran and Oliron were the only active Dungeon Masters here but as it grows it is too cumbersome.

To establish Character name and identity have your Players use the first part of the field for this information so it is always seen at the start, for example:

Name: X
Class: X
Level: X

Rather than their equipment or attributes first.

> TOPIC: Member Wars Requests & Support

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,
This International Discussions custom Play By Post Pathfinder Role-playing Game uses trademarks and/or copyrights owned by Paizo Publishing, LLC under permission. More details can be found in the first Post of any Pathfinder RPG. Wizards of the Coast are he trademark owners for D&D and likewise allow the use of their system under permission.