Member Wars Requests & Support - Page 17 of 26

JB, I think you deactivated the equipment - Page 17 - D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Posted: 27th May, 2013 - 4:14pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

01st May 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Wizard
Wizard
Cleric
Cleric
Paladin
Paladin
Ranger
Ranger
Rogue
Rogue
Warlock
Warlock
Fighter
Fighter
Draconian
Draconian
Barbarian
Barbarian

+  « First of 26 pgs.  13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21  ...Latest (26) »
Closed
RPG Support Need help understanding the RPG Etiquette? Want to see something new? Got a question about the features here or a complaint? Put it here and we will see if something can be done for the Member Wars Board in general. For individual role-playing games please use your Dungeon Master
18th Apr, 2013 - 12:50pm / Post ID: #

Member Wars Requests & Support - Page 17

That's cool JB whenever you can I know your busy with your work and kids it was more of an idea just to give individuality to character posts.

Sponsored Links:
13th May, 2013 - 4:04pm / Post ID: #

Support and Requests Wars Member

The Dice Master says...

I am thinking of adding an extension to Member Wars but really it will be its own Board. It will allow everyone to be a GM. Learn more here: Creating A Play By Post Village From Scratch! and please give your thoughts in that Thread. If there are many willing then I will implement it. This will be loads of fun with lots of opportunity for humor and role-play outside the realms of combat.

24th May, 2013 - 3:59pm / Post ID: #

Member Wars Requests & Support Archive Pathfinder / D&D

The Dice Master says...

Based on the most recent Update (Please read that first): Source 6

I have my own custom Dice System for my role-playing games. I am considering embedding a Dice system for Member Wars to make the life of everyone involved easier as well as take away the 'cheat' element. This is what I plan:

When a Player Posts their Character actions then a script that I code will load rolls for the common Dungeons & Dragons dice twice and include it with that Post. However, this is the catch, the rolls will ONLY be visible to the Dungeon Master at first. Then after 30 minutes when the Player is no longer able to edit their Message then they will see the roll. The reason for this is to avoid Players changing their actions based on seeing good or bad rolls. Thoughts before I begin implementation?

24th May, 2013 - 4:32pm / Post ID: #

Page 17 Support and Requests Wars Member

I'm totally positive with that! I have a personal way to try keeping track of anybody cheating but is not perfect, is time consuming and requires a long time of actual gameplay before I can have some result (basically, I write down every single roll and, when I have 20 rolls I make an average calculation using modifiers connected to how important that roll was. Boring and very long).

My question is: will the dice system work for the Dungeon Master as well or our rolls will still be secret (often I don't want the players to know right away if they succeeded or not in something)? Isn't the deadline for editing a post 1 hour?

24th May, 2013 - 6:53pm / Post ID: #

Support and Requests Wars Member

I am fine with that, so far I don't know how can players can cheat with rolls in the member wars board. The part where you said that a person cannot edit their post for 30 minutes, I don't understand this, almost all of my posts have this: Every-time I make a post, and when a few hours after I still see the 'edit' button, and when I edited that post for example, it still works! Then how it is possible, that you said that a person cannot edit their post after 30 minutes but the edit option is still there after that time?

24th May, 2013 - 7:32pm / Post ID: #

Member Wars Requests & Support

The Dice Master says...

Bruconero:

Isn't the deadline for editing a post 1 hour?

30 minutes for Regular Members

Felipe:
Then how it is possible, that you said that a person cannot edit their post after 30 minutes but the edit option is still there after that time?

You have a Premium+ Membership that gives you a longer time period to edit your Post.

This does bring up something interesting though - Upgraded Members can still edit their Posts after 30 minutes, but at least it gives the Dungeon Master more than enough time to check what they put. Additionally, you can still see the time they edited their Message.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
27th May, 2013 - 1:36pm / Post ID: #

Member Wars Requests & Support - Page 17

The Dice Master says...

See the latest Update, Game Master's now have their own look within this Board.

The next I will tackle will be the custom backgrounds / symbols for Players.

27th May, 2013 - 4:14pm / Post ID: #

Member Wars Requests & Support D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Page 17

JB, I think you deactivated the equipment fields for the Dungeon Masters. That's not a problem for me because they are not really needed but I don't see anymore the link for changing my avatar. I wanted to choose one of the special avatars you said are now available but I can only change my familiar.

> TOPIC: Member Wars Requests & Support

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,
This International Discussions custom Play By Post Pathfinder Role-playing Game uses trademarks and/or copyrights owned by Paizo Publishing, LLC under permission. More details can be found in the first Post of any Pathfinder RPG. Wizards of the Coast are he trademark owners for D&D and likewise allow the use of their system under permission.