Member Wars Requests & Support - Page 10 of 26

I had some specific Discussion on doing that - Page 10 - D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Posted: 1st Feb, 2010 - 2:29am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

29th April 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Rogue
Rogue
Barbarian
Barbarian
Ranger
Ranger
Paladin
Paladin
Wizard
Wizard
Draconian
Draconian
Warlock
Warlock
Cleric
Cleric
Fighter
Fighter

+  « First of 26 pgs.  6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14  ...Latest (26) »
Closed
RPG Support Need help understanding the RPG Etiquette? Want to see something new? Got a question about the features here or a complaint? Put it here and we will see if something can be done for the Member Wars Board in general. For individual role-playing games please use your Dungeon Master
26th Jan, 2010 - 12:35pm / Post ID: #

Member Wars Requests & Support - Page 10

The Dice Master says...

Stopping The Rushers

I noticed that certain new Members rush to get their Character created, rush to Post and rush to ask flippant questions all over the Community as though there is some urgent train to catch, so to prevent this I:

1. Updated the AD&D Rules Thread (first Post) to better describe what is needed to participate here.

2. Updated the AD&D Generator so that new players utilize the [Display Character] button rather than the [Save Button] to Post their Character.

Sponsored Links:
26th Jan, 2010 - 2:07pm / Post ID: #

Support and Requests Wars Member

I'd say those are some needed and excellent improvements - it really is part of the problem, people just signing up in a flurry - you almost need some big flashing sign on the character creator telling them to slow down and read the thread on How It Works, and all the threads and FAQs and such. But people just have no patience anymore, no time to read "boring old rules or FAQs". The internet is a visual, literal medium, and yet somehow, people don't read.

26th Jan, 2010 - 6:04pm / Post ID: #

Member Wars Requests & Support Archive Pathfinder / D&D

Its always amazing to me how much trouble have when they visit this site. There is help links all over and if they just ask a question most here answer quickly so what's the problem really? Its like you said jpatt they just don't read anything which is weird because a game like AD&D requires lots of reading if you're going to be serious about you're character in the game. Maybe that's it, they're not serious.

31st Jan, 2010 - 12:54am / Post ID: #

Page 10 Support and Requests Wars Member

I used to like to play the share book RPGs here, do you still have them? I'm seeing you're big into D and D here now, I'll look that up when I got some more time online.

31st Jan, 2010 - 2:15am / Post ID: #

Support and Requests Wars Member

The Dice Master says...

Krakyn used to run them but he switched jobs and cannot handle it anymore, well at least not now maybe in the future.

31st Jan, 2010 - 8:08pm / Post ID: #

Member Wars Requests & Support

I think I saw this before. What about having a page where we can see all our characters at once and then a link to the party thread of each?

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
1st Feb, 2010 - 2:13am / Post ID: #

Member Wars Requests & Support - Page 10

I was going to post something similar to the above response - a page with a current RPG group's stats would be handy to be able to link to, so everybody can just click a link on someone's profile or the main page or whatever, and it goes to the Party page that lists all the relevant info of the players and characters. Really, it wouldn't be that hard, as anyone, just a player, can just make a new thread and keep it updates with JUST info on the party itself - no RP, no questions and answers, nobody else posting in it - JUST party info so people can keep track of who, what and where.

Now what are these share book rpg things about? I've never heard of that?

1st Feb, 2010 - 2:29am / Post ID: #

Member Wars Requests & Support D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Page 10

The Dice Master says...

I had some specific Discussion on doing that once, BUT there are too many RPGs here to make that worth the time it will take me to code and implement it. Members need to use what is there already:

* Favorite button - See that little heart on every Thread? That Bookmarks Threads you want to remember. Then click on the little heart at the top of every page next to "Hello (your username)". Members can also view your favorites.

* Bookmark via your browser (Bottom Bar gives that option).

* Within your profile I believe there is a text box you can use to keep private notes.

Example of Share Book RPGs: Source 3

> TOPIC: Member Wars Requests & Support

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,
This International Discussions custom Play By Post Pathfinder Role-playing Game uses trademarks and/or copyrights owned by Paizo Publishing, LLC under permission. More details can be found in the first Post of any Pathfinder RPG. Wizards of the Coast are he trademark owners for D&D and likewise allow the use of their system under permission.