[medieval] Gold Mine - Page 3 of 11

Ice says, "What do you mean you have - Page 3 - World of Medieval PBP RPG - Posted: 3rd Apr, 2004 - 4:18am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

27th April 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Fighter
Fighter
Ranger
Ranger
Barbarian
Barbarian
Warlock
Warlock
Paladin
Paladin
Draconian
Draconian
Wizard
Wizard
Rogue
Rogue
Cleric
Cleric

+  1 2 3 4 5 6 7  ...Latest (11) »
Closed
Only GM posts here
31st Mar, 2004 - 4:46am / Post ID: #

[medieval] Gold Mine - Page 3

The Game Master says...

Althea's heart stops...and then begins to hammer rapidly as she reads the horrible message painted in dripping blood on the wall of the landing. "Um.. This does not bode well, my friends. There's a message writ large, and in blood, on the wall down here -- 'Beware' and all that. Anyone wants to back out, now's yer chance, before we go any farther."

She rests a hand on Horde's shoulder, more to steady herself than to get his attention. "How about you, yer big mutton-head? You for forging onward?"

Horde looks down at Althea in a cunning way as though he were hungry and grunts.

Sokei relays his opinion quietly, "My thoughts are to proceed slowly in the mine."

Elda hears Althea's offer to leave and scoffs.
"I'm afraid it will take a little more than a warning in blood to frighten me away. I fear not death," she said, smirking to herself. This may yet prove to be interesting...

Ice says, "Turn back now?! What, and let you have the gold all to yourself? I think not!" She adds quietly, "Be careful down there. Have yourselves a real good look see before you do anything else. Also, put your ear to the door. See what you can hear. Do you hear anything?"

"Horde, did you hear that? Please, move quietly, don't speak unless you have to, and then please whisper, okay?"

Horde grunts in what you believe is his way of expressing agreement.

Althea holds the torch high and looks upward at the small ceiling, and lights up every nook and cranny of the room, including under the ladder.

Already on edge due to the warning message, when a puff of air blasts through the seams of the trap door, Althea nearly screams! But instead bites her tongue to keep silent. She knows it's a rhetorical question and doesn't really expect an answer, but has to ask it, whispering softly to Horde. "What in blue blazes was that?" She puts her ear to the door, very carefully, to see what she can hear.

Nothing is heard.

Horde then tries to open the trap door but it won't budge, it seems to be locked or sealed.

GM: Say what you will do now.

Sponsored Links:
31st Mar, 2004 - 4:58am / Post ID: #

Mine Gold medieval

The Game Master says...

Althea decides to thoroughly examine the trap door. It is wooden, very heavy oak you imagine, set in stone and the hinges are not visible so you guess they are on the inside. You see a metal block set in the wood with a key hole, it seems to be locked.

31st Mar, 2004 - 1:19pm / Post ID: #

[medieval] Gold Mine RPG PBP Medieval World

The Game Master says...

You search the area outside looking at the grass, near the trap door, etc. You find nothing and the darkness does not help, but you feel that you have searched well enough. Within the tunnel you also search but find nothing, your hope for finding a key is disheartening.

1st Apr, 2004 - 3:46pm / Post ID: #

Page 3 Mine Gold medieval

The Game Master says...

As time passes you notice that the second trap door raises ever so slightly with the air pressure behind it and then settles back down after a few seconds. You begin to think about the fact that your torches show your location in the darkness and that if someone were coming you would be more than discovered.

GM: tick... tock... tick... tock...

2nd Apr, 2004 - 3:47am / Post ID: #

Mine Gold medieval

The Game Master says...

The night air grows cold as the sun's light shines on another part of the world. Only the light of one full moon and another half moon are your source of light and 'warmth'. The howls you heard before sound more apparent now... even near... very near. Sokie sees small lights like eyes watching him through the woods. Snarls are heard, panting and movement... you feel open, like prey.

GM: Say what you will do now

2nd Apr, 2004 - 2:26pm / Post ID: #

[medieval] Gold Mine

The Game Master says...

Ice says thoughtfully, "That was a bit strange. I have heard of something called a pressure lock. Maybe that is what this is. Let's try closing this door and see if that frees the other one for opening. If this doesn't turn out to be a pressure lock, two of you are thieves, can't you pick the lock? We don't want to use force, if we don't have to, it will make too much noise."

The party mulls this over and agrees to try it. Althea then slaps her forehead while muttering strange cursings upon the demons of hell. She suddenly remembers that she bought no thieves' tools with which to pick a lock!

Everyone breathes a sigh while trying to pretend their disbelief is not making them more frustrated than they already are.

Sokei and Horde stand outside armed in case the wolves become brave. The others make their way inside standing on the ladder and whatever space they can find. An attempt to see if closing the first trap door will release the second is attempted, but it seems that it makes no difference and the second trap door remains locked.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
3rd Apr, 2004 - 2:38am / Post ID: #

[medieval] Gold Mine - Page 3

The Game Master says...

Horde looks over at Sokie and says,

"This here journey be frustrating for my knees, I may as well see if those eyes look as devilish from afar as they do from here..."

Horde steps forward, turns to Sokie and continues...

"Watch lad, you will be a man yet."

In a sudden burst of speed Horde runs into the woods charging at the eyes watching him...

"Yarrrrrrrrrrr... I be coming foul creatures of the dark!"

Horde disappears into the darkness of the woods ahead. It takes him about 30 seconds to get there, but his yelling could wake the dead.

For about a minute you hear growls, snarls, yelps, human groans and then silence...

3rd Apr, 2004 - 4:18am / Post ID: #

[medieval] Gold Mine World Medieval PBP RPG - Page 3

The Game Master says...

Ice says, "What do you mean you have no tools? What kind of thieves are you? What if I didn't have weapons, would I be a good warrior? Unbelievable." ::Ice shakes her head in disbelief::

"Well, I have a pick" Ice continues. "We could try and break the door down. It will be loud, but what choice do we have? Unless you think we should turn back get some tools and return another day?"

Still fuming from embarrassment, Althea shakes her head. "No," she says. "We're here now, let's do this any way we can. I have a hammer and spikes, as well as a grappling hook and rope."

"Another option would be to use the spikes and hammer and see if we can remove the lock," says Ice. "Or, attach the grappling hook, and run the rope up the ladder, run it up a tree branch, down the other side and see if all of us pulling on it will pull the door open."

Elda shrugs, and says " Ice's plan sounds good since I can't think of anything else."

Just then, the most unholy bellowing and yelling comes from topside, fading into the distance. Frowning, Elda says, "Did that sound like Horde to you?" The three women look at each other, eyes wide, and seemingly on cue they begin to go up the ladder to open the outer door.

Sokie shouts out what he has witnessed, you make haste. Using what tools you have you begin to hack away at the lock. It takes you awhile and you make a tremendous amount of noise! The last blow leaves the trap door in a sorry state and the lock is bent or near broken and you feel it can be opened now.

GM: what you will do now

+  1 2 3 4 5 6 7  ...Latest (11) »

> TOPIC: [medieval] Gold Mine

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,