[medieval] Gold Mine - Page 4 of 11

You look for clues about what this new tunnel - Page 4 - World of Medieval PBP RPG - Posted: 10th Apr, 2004 - 5:47am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

10th May 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Fighter
Fighter
Draconian
Draconian
Paladin
Paladin
Barbarian
Barbarian
Ranger
Ranger
Wizard
Wizard
Warlock
Warlock
Cleric
Cleric
Rogue
Rogue

+  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8  ...Latest (11) »
Closed
Only GM posts here
4th Apr, 2004 - 1:48am / Post ID: #

[medieval] Gold Mine - Page 4

The Game Master says...

Althea impatiently pushes back wisps of hair that have stuck to her sweating brow. "Well, that's that, then. Let's pull it up. Who's the strongest? Sokei? Let's get him down here then."

Althea heads up the ladder to make room for Sokei in the cramped quarters. "See if you can pull open that door now -- it's been hammered fairly well."

Sokei heads down the ladder.

Ice says, "Sokei, see if you can open that door, just keep it in front of you like a shield as you open it. Let's see what is behind it."

With nervous hands and shaking sword Sokei opens the trap door with little effort... a torch is shone... light is cast... a ladder is seen leading down yet again. You peer carefully... only just enough to see without being an easy target if something were waiting, but it is all clear. You look more closely now and see some sort of cart made of metal at the bottom with some tracks. You heard about things like this... they are used to move heavy load underground.

GM: Say what you will do now.

Sponsored Links:
4th Apr, 2004 - 2:56pm / Post ID: #

Mine Gold medieval

The Game Master says...

In what seems to be routine fashion you send the canary down the ladder via rope and in its cage to forcefully accept whatever gas may be lurking... the bird chirps after about five minutes and you realize it seems safe.

You descend the ladder which is very strong and capable of holding great load. Althea and Elda attempt to close the topside door behind them, and join Ice and Sokei, but it of course is not able to shut totally because of the damage inflicted upon it.

At the bottom you see the cart made of metal and a very long tunnel with tracks that are level with the ground. The tunnel itself is straight and does not ascend or descend... it disappears into the darkness. The party closely examines the cart for traps, for a way to control or steer it, and for a way to stop it. You believe that it works by pushing it. Someone will have to walk (while pushing) in the direction you wish to go. The cart is capable of holding no more than two people, it is not a human transport, but for ore... you see evidence of some rock and dirt at the bottom of the cart.

5th Apr, 2004 - 1:51am / Post ID: #

[medieval] Gold Mine RPG PBP Medieval World

The Game Master says...

The group ponders their mode of transportation after examining the cart.

Sokei seems excited to ride in the cart. "Yes! Lets go for it. I can be first, with my spear. I can stab things at a distance and use the butt of the spear to slow us down."

"It's going to be noisy, no doubt about it. They aren't meant for stealth but for work," says Althea. "Maybe we should just walk the tracks and see what we can see."

"If we find more gold than we can carry, we would have no way to get it back home after leaving the mine, so I see no real purpose in the cart," says Ice. "I vote we follow these tracks and see where they lead us. Let's keep our eyes open for booby traps as we go."

"I agree with Ice. I think we should walk the tracks. If they do have more than one cart on this set of tracks, it would either be being pushed, which wouldn't pose much of a threat either way, or going so fast if we were using the cart, the people behind and in the cart would surely be greatly jolted at least. I do not see much point in using the cart."

"That's it then. Majority vote says we walk." Althea shrugs at Sokei. "Sorry, mate. Here, I'll carry the blasted bird cage so you can carry the torch."

The party squeezes past the cart and heads forward viewing the tracks inquistively looking for anything suspicious. Having never seen a mine before you really do not know what to make of all that you do see, but the words you read earlier do come to mind. After about 20 seconds of slow paced movement you come to a metal lever on the left and an opening right after it also on the left. Above the lever is a torch that is not lit. The tunnel continues straight forward (see attached map).

[medieval] Gold Mine
[medieval] Gold Mine (Hover)

6th Apr, 2004 - 1:17pm / Post ID: #

Page 4 Mine Gold medieval

The Game Master says...

Ice says, "Well, well, well, what do we have here? Someone has been kind enough to leave us with a torch to light the way. Let's check for traps, and then one of you who doesn't have a torch might want to take this with you. If not, I will put it in my pack for later. We probably don't need to light them all."

Althea nods to that and says, "What's this lever here? Wonder what it does? Do the tracks here go through that opening? Maybe it switches the direction of the cart? Let's have a closer look."

"Maybe we should just leave it alone and continue looking for our gold," says Elda.

Sokei says, "We should try to keep quiet though, becase it lessens our chance of being ambushed."

The party examines the lever, it seems to be some sort of control for the tracks, but you do not actually touch it or move it (since you did not say you would). Althea takes the torch on the wall and passes it to Ice. You move forward enough to see into the left hand tunnel - it seems to go into a room, but it is too dark for you to tell. Up ahead (north) the tracks and tunnel disappear into the darkness.

7th Apr, 2004 - 1:32pm / Post ID: #

Mine Gold medieval

The Game Master says...

As you stand there pondering life you soon discover a slight breeze hitting your face from the north, it gets stronger and stronger and moves pass you towards the trap door that you bashed in. The trap door rattles and flips up and down - at least this is what you hear. You now realize what cause the trap door to do that earlier. You wonder where such a strong wind could come from within a mine such as this.

GM: Say what you will do now, make effective use of your time by multi-tasking your characters - see the relevant thread within the rules section.

8th Apr, 2004 - 4:40am / Post ID: #

[medieval] Gold Mine

The Game Master says...

Althe and Sokei assume that the tunnel on the left will take them into a room and they are correct. Your torch lights up what seems to be a small cave room with a pick, fork and shovel on the ground to one end of the room on the floor. Next to that is an opening in the ground with a ladder descending down. Nearest to you is a metal cart (similar to the first one on the tracks) that is damaged - one of the wheels is off. Nothing else is noticable right away.

Ice and Elda go forward towards the north following the tracks. You walk for about 20 seconds and then come to what seems to be a small opening to the left just small enough for the metal cart you found earlier to go through. The tracks also sway into this opening. Up to the north the tracks continue into the darkness.

You begin to think of where you are and the words you read earlier... they do play on your courage to continue. It is dark and the thought of ghosts and old hag's tales come to the forefront of your mind's eye.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
9th Apr, 2004 - 12:08pm / Post ID: #

[medieval] Gold Mine - Page 4

The Game Master says...

Ice says to Elda: "Let's shine our torch in that opening in the wall and see if we can see anything. Then I think we should head back to meet Althea and Sokei and confer."

You stoop, show your torch and see that the small opening has the tracks swaying to the left and into the darkness.

Meanwhile...

Althea and Sokei decide to thoroughly examine the room... they find that this must be some kind of repair or storage room since the items here are broken including the pick, shovel and fork on the ground. There is nothing of else of interest.

The rest of the party joins you and you go down the ladder. It takes you to another tunnel leading towards the south and then swaying left. In the distance you hear a faint noise.

GM: Did you still want to take the items even though they are broken? Say what you will do now.

10th Apr, 2004 - 5:47am / Post ID: #

[medieval] Gold Mine World Medieval PBP RPG - Page 4

The Game Master says...

You look for clues about what this new tunnel may lead to but find nothing unusual except for an unusual amount of crushed and broken rock scattered about. Ahead the noise sounds like something metal hitting against rock, by the frequency of it you feel it might be several people or creatures doing something in the tunnel. You step forward a bit and see light coming from the distance.

+  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8  ...Latest (11) »

> TOPIC: [medieval] Gold Mine

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,