[medieval] Gold Mine - Page 5 of 11

Sokei has his head turned back as he talks - Page 5 - World of Medieval PBP RPG - Posted: 18th Apr, 2004 - 1:08am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

10th May 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Rogue
Rogue
Wizard
Wizard
Fighter
Fighter
Cleric
Cleric
Warlock
Warlock
Barbarian
Barbarian
Paladin
Paladin
Draconian
Draconian
Ranger
Ranger

+  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9  ...Latest (11) »
Closed
Only GM posts here
11th Apr, 2004 - 1:00am / Post ID: #

[medieval] Gold Mine - Page 5

The Game Master says...

Althea's first reaction is to hunker down close to the ground and hug the wall to be as indistinguishable as possible, lest people/creatures look their way. She tugs at Sokei's arm to pull him back close to the wall and get the torchlight out of the main tunnel area. What is that sound? Althea covers the canary with her cloak to quiet the little bird.

Ice quickly extinguishes her torch and motions for the others to do the same. Once all is dark, she whispers to Althea, "Let's leave the bird here for now. We don't want to announce our arrival, now do we?"

Elda says, "Sounds good to me."

"Everyone should wait a minute to let their eyes adjust to the dark. OK, let's edge ahead very slowly, hug the wall and place one foot very carefully, and quietly ahead of us as we move," Ice directs the party in quiet whispers and hand gestures.

As you hug the wall you notice two torches on the mouth of the entrance of the approaching opening which leads into a fairly large cave room. There are huge mounds of dirt and rock on the ground. You hear what seems to be men chipping away at rock. You peer, ever so slightly and confirm this. There are five such strong men with pics eating away at the rock. They are obviously mining for some ore of value... possibly gold. Since their backs are towards you, the room is lit and they are making so much noise they have not heard nor seen you, or at least that is what you think.

You see there is no where else to go here so you retrace your steps and head back up the ladder and towards the north. After about two or three minutes you are once again in front of the opening where it was only large enough for the cart to pass through. The tunnel continues north into the darkness, so do the tracks.

GM: Say what you will do now.

[medieval] Gold Mine
[medieval] Gold Mine (Hover)

Sponsored Links:
12th Apr, 2004 - 6:50am / Post ID: #

Mine Gold medieval

The Game Master says...

You start to wonder if anyone has seen you or know of your presence in the mine when suddenly a cold breeze comes from the small tunnel to your left making a hurling sound and it carries on to the entrance far back...

GM: Say what you will do now. What is the status of Sokie?

12th Apr, 2004 - 7:32pm / Post ID: #

[medieval] Gold Mine RPG PBP Medieval World

The Game Master says...

You stand there... time passes... you wonder if it is your own limbs that are not moving or the curse of the darkness that keeps you lagging. From the first entrance where you bashed the trap door in you hear some sort of movement as the door rattles.

13th Apr, 2004 - 10:56pm / Post ID: #

Page 5 Mine Gold medieval

The Game Master says...

You stand there pondering the rattling of the trap door as you tense your hands around your weapon. After a minute there is no more noise, you guess that it was the breeze, at least you hope that is what it was...

You observe the tunnel on the left where only the cart can pass through... the wind seems to be coming from this direction. For you to pass here you will have to crawl on all fours like a dog, this will make you suspectible to whatever is ahead and making fighting difficult.

You decide that you will enter anyway and as you begin to crawl you see that there is an opening ahead but everything is so dark. Only the tracks are lit up by the torch, so it must be a big room ahead.

GM: Say if you will continue.

15th Apr, 2004 - 1:34am / Post ID: #

Mine Gold medieval

The Game Master says...

As you ponder the darkness a strong wind comes from the room and towards you blowing your hair and loose belongings back, but it is not so strong as to move your body or blow out your torch... you find that unusual since you are in a cave.

GM: Try multi-tasking so that the adventure moves faster (see relevant thread). Say what you will do now.

15th Apr, 2004 - 8:39pm / Post ID: #

[medieval] Gold Mine

The Game Master says...

You extinguish the torch. Now you are in total darkness. All you can hear in the distance is a howling wind. You do not know where you are going as you cannot see so you slowly feel your way on the tracks as you crawl on all fours. The tracks begin to turn to the south and so does the tunnel and so you have no choice but to follow. You move one hand, then the next, then your legs in same fasion until Sokei, who is at the lead, feels his hand hit a pebbel and it moves and falls and falls as though it were going down a tunnel. You feel weird and you cannot understand the howling wind in the distance. You are actually beginning to get very scared as you cannot see.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
15th Apr, 2004 - 11:32pm / Post ID: #

[medieval] Gold Mine - Page 5

The Game Master says...

A torch is lit once again after a minute or so, you had to come out of the tunnel to accomplish this and then go back in. Sokei, who is still in the same place, takes the torch and shines it. To his great amazement he sees the following... the tracks cross a huge bottomless pit or at least it seems to continue into darkness... in the middle of bottomless pit is the most huge formation of a natural pillar that you ever did see and it seems that the metal tracks get some support from it. After the pillar the tracks continue south and disappears into another entrance on the other side. You are amazed at the engineering of this, but it is also very scary to behold. You know that if you choose to crawl on the tracks the only thing that will save your life is the metal of the tracks itself.

[medieval] Gold Mine
[medieval] Gold Mine (Hover)

18th Apr, 2004 - 1:08am / Post ID: #

[medieval] Gold Mine World Medieval PBP RPG - Page 5

The Game Master says...

Sokei has his head turned back as he talks to Ice about what they should do when suddenly a wind comes from the depth of the darkness and blows upward and into the entrance where you now are positioned. It was so strong that it was only the mere fact that Sokei was holding the rails already for fear that caused him to remain steadfast without falling into the pit beneath or being thrown back into someone behind him.

+  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9  ...Latest (11) »

> TOPIC: [medieval] Gold Mine

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,