[medieval] Gold Mine - Page 2 of 11

The trap door suddenly shakes as air pushes - Page 2 - World of Medieval PBP RPG - Posted: 31st Mar, 2004 - 2:21am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

28th April 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Draconian
Draconian
Barbarian
Barbarian
Warlock
Warlock
Fighter
Fighter
Paladin
Paladin
Cleric
Cleric
Rogue
Rogue
Wizard
Wizard
Ranger
Ranger

+  1 2 3 4 5 6  ...Latest (11) »
Closed
Only GM posts here
21st Mar, 2004 - 11:36pm / Post ID: #

[medieval] Gold Mine - Page 2

The Game Master says...

Seeing the rain pattering down on the map, Sokei rolls it up quickly and stows it in his backpack to protect the ink from smearing. "Let's find some shelter," he says, "So's we can study the map more closely and examine those markings."

The party agrees, looking upward at the lowering clouds, and moving into the shelter of nearby trees. Sokei takes out the map again and unrolls it fully.

Elda says, "May take us a day or two traveling to get to this place. What are these markings here?"

Horde, meanwhile, has been grumbling louder and louder about a lil drinky. Althea shakes her head and shrugs at Ice, who's glaring at Horde. "What else can we do? He's a great strong fighter, if nothing else...."

"Aw, hush, ye griping jolthead," Althea scowls at Horde. "Worse'n an infant, you are. Here, take a drink of this, but don't gulp it all down at once. Save some some for later. This stuff costs more than you're worth, lad." She hands over her ale skin to Horde, and hovers nearby to collect it once he's had a swig.

"Hey, Ice," says Sokei, "don't you think a bird down that mine shaft would be a good idea? I've heard they can help detect bad air or poisons in those close quarters."

Ice nods agreement. "Aye, lad, I'll look for one in the market. But I'll not be carrying the blasted thing -- I've got enough of a load to haul. Ye'll have to handle it and care for it yerself."

You inspect the map more closely. The markings indicate natural formations that you must look for, like a tree in a certain position and/or a rock placed in a certain spot. You know from experience that these are typical signs and indicators for anyone that wants to find their way back to a specific location. It should take you about half a day by foot to reach your destination if you move in a timely manner.

You go to the market. You find that ale can be purchased at 4gps for a skin, but the quality may not be as good as the tavern. Ice purchases a canary and cage for 2gps. The party checks their equipment and prepares for the journey.

GM: The map's markings are not important in this game hence one was not shown to you as a graphic. Note, any earlier requests to buy items were ignored since the characters were not in the market as yet. All that has been purchased is indicated above. If you wish to buy anything more this is your last opportunity to do so. Your equipment has been updated offline. Say what you will do now.

Sponsored Links:
23rd Mar, 2004 - 10:34am / Post ID: #

Mine Gold medieval

The Game Master says...

As you idle the time away you see that the clouds of water form above, but they can be beat if you yet get a move on. Your hope for more to join seems to be wearing thin as you look at Horde who now rubs his large stomach while licking his lips from the pleasant taste of drinky. You wonder if Horde will be of assistance or a disaster.

GM: Say what you will do now, for such routine movements the party averages two days just to make a decision.

24th Mar, 2004 - 10:32am / Post ID: #

[medieval] Gold Mine RPG PBP Medieval World

The Game Master says...

Elda says-- looking up at the clouds, "Don't really need to buy anything, which is good cause I don't think I have enough for anything useful. Let's move on before the rain starts"

Ice agrees. "I say, let's go!"

Horde agrees. "Ah grufffff... if I be standing here another minute meh toes will get parched and I will be needing a drinky to give em' life again!"

Althea double-checks Horde as he drinks deeply from the ale skin. "Whoa, big fella. Don't be wasting it, now, save some for later." She grabs for the skin.

To the party she says, "Let's get on it, then. No sense wasting the day. Who's settin' our pace?"

Sokei re-rolls the map, checks his direction, and leads the party onward toward the mine at a fast clip.

At last you make progress towards what you believe to be a genuine prospect of riches. You follow the road to the South and look for markings as indicated and to your surprise they are there! This makes you fell reassured that you are not wasting time. After about 14 miles you stop to rest and everyone eats a ration. Of course, Horde washes his throat with a bit of Ale rationed to him by Althea. This rationing causes Horde to reply,

"Ration meh now if ye will, but when the battling starts be sure that I need meh energy in great gulps!"

You move on. By sun down you have reached your final map mark... a trap door under some brush. You are amazed that it is there. You see that this is no ordinary place. To have a trap door all the way out in 'no where' means that there has been or is current activity going on. You now wonder the approach.

GM: Say what you will do now.

25th Mar, 2004 - 4:26pm / Post ID: #

Page 2 Mine Gold medieval

The Game Master says...

In the distance... you hear the faint sound of wolf howls...

25th Mar, 2004 - 11:08pm / Post ID: #

Mine Gold medieval

The Game Master says...

You look around the area for anything that may seem out of place with the surroundings, but find nothing unusual. There are foot prints leading towards and away from the trap door, but you expected those... judging by the weeds and grass that have grown over the foot prints you estimate that the freshest imprints are about a week old while others have been there for months. They were made by large heavy men or similar humanoids carrying something very heavy.

You look for a place to make camp, but are unsure about how to go about doing it... there are some woods nearby, there is also an open plain... the howls become more apparent... it is also getting dark, very dark.

27th Mar, 2004 - 5:13am / Post ID: #

[medieval] Gold Mine

The Game Master says...

Everyone gathers around the trap door in an attack stance save for Horde who looks on in amusement. Sokei borrows the torch that Althea has lit and carefully tries to raise the trap door with one hand, but he soon finds that this is not possible. Horde comes over and pushes Sokie aside and with a thug of his huge horse shoe like triceps he opens it and kicks the door back to one end. All of you stand more amazed at Horde than you are about what could be within the ground. Horde bellows...

"That how it be done lad..."

You realize that you have to give Horde some tips if you are to move with stealth. Sokie, now with a frown on his face, peers inside... it is a shaft going straight down about 10 feet. There is a ladder available, it seems very sturdy.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
29th Mar, 2004 - 11:28am / Post ID: #

[medieval] Gold Mine - Page 2

The Game Master says...

"Horde, ya big galoot, HUSH!!" Althea whispers hoarsely. "Do ya want to bring all tarnation down upon us?? Whist! The only good new is, ye may have scared off the wolves...."

Peering down the hole within the small circle of torch-light as Sokei holds the torch inside, Althea says,

"The ladder looks sturdy enough. I'm ready to go in and look a bit, and I'll take Horde with me."

Ice says, "Well, the first person needs to carry the torch to see, and I plan to be right behind you to protect you."

Peering into the mine shaft, she points out,

"I don't think a bow will be any good once we are inside. We will need to use swords then."

"So," says Ice, "let's drop the canary. If the canary comes up fine after 5 minutes in the hole, we're a-going in."

Sokei says, "It could straighten out very close to the start. I think we should send in someone very cautiously first, and we might get surprise attacked by wolves of some such thing, so we should be ready. Forward ho I say, into the depths of the mine!"

Sokei uses Althea's rope to tie the bird cage and lower it into the mine shaft... minutes pass by as you watch the canary making little twirps here and there. You pull the canary out after about five minutes and give her a good look, she seems to be healthy.

While Sokei is on watch for wolves Horde descends the ladder and reaches the ground beneath, Althea follows behind. You see another trap door on the ground in a small area fit for only two persons. There is a torch on one wall that is not lit, possibly it has been left for the next visitor or by the last visitor. Next to the torch is smeared in blood that has now dried the following words:

'Beware Wanderer for herein lies death, misery and torment'

You look at how the letters are formed as the blood, as liquid, once dripped from each letter to the ground.

31st Mar, 2004 - 2:21am / Post ID: #

[medieval] Gold Mine World Medieval PBP RPG - Page 2

The Game Master says...

The trap door suddenly shakes as air pushes itself through the seems of the wood and then it becomes still as their is calm and the pressure has subsided. You remain with crossed brow as to what that was about...

GM: Say what you will do now... at this rate the party will take two months of real time to complete this quest.

+  1 2 3 4 5 6  ...Latest (11) »

> TOPIC: [medieval] Gold Mine

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,