[camp] Gold Mine - Page 7 of 34

Hrm... We might be able to get away with saying - Page 7 - World of Medieval PBP RPG - Posted: 15th Mar, 2004 - 3:14am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

12th May 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Ranger
Ranger
Paladin
Paladin
Barbarian
Barbarian
Cleric
Cleric
Warlock
Warlock
Wizard
Wizard
Rogue
Rogue
Fighter
Fighter
Draconian
Draconian

+  « First of 34 pgs.  3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11  ...Latest (34) »
Closed
Players plan and discuss here
14th Mar, 2004 - 7:21pm / Post ID: #

[camp] Gold Mine - Page 7

Well, first of all I think it is harmless to strike up a seamingly idle conversation with the bartender. We could just say we have heard rumors of an abandoned gold mine in the area and ask him what he knows. It is probably a well known rumor, like area 51 or whatever the number is.

So, I think we can ask the bartender, but I wouldn't admit to having a map. I wouldn't want to show anything more than general curiousity. However, I will go with whatever the majority want to do. (I think FarSeer is a better RpG player than I so give her opinion more weight than mine)

I think we don't want too much alcohol. We don't want this guy drunk all the time. An occasional drink after a battle, yes, daily provision, I don't think so. I am already equipped with 4 skins of water, which I think is more important than alcohol for survival. Maybe if we each carried a skin of alcohol, we would have enough to reward each battle. We can ask the bartender if he sells them. I will buy 2 and Sokei can give me the necessary gp for purchase. This way we all bare equally the cost of Horde in our midst.

If you haven't already read about NPCs in general and Horde specificallly, I suggest you go to this thread and do so before we continue so we can all understand the "costs" and rules surrounding Horde and any other NPCs we might encounter.

Sponsored Links:
15th Mar, 2004 - 12:22am / Post ID: #

Mine Gold camp

Uh... I don't think I'm a better RPGer, I'm just bossy smile.gif

So is this the consensus?

1. Get a minimal supply of wine skins for Horde.
2. Casually introduce the topic of a gold mine to the barkeep and see what he says
-Who of us will broach this subject? (Elda is our negotiator?) Make sure it's
typed out specifically in party order what will be said, or the GM will say it for
you (and he can be harsh..)
3. After finding out what we can, get back to camp and explore the map.

15th Mar, 2004 - 12:35am / Post ID: #

[camp] Gold Mine RPG PBP Medieval World

FarSeer, you have waaaayyyyy more of an imagination than I do. I love reading your RPG posts.

I think FarSeer layed it out quite nicely.

Each of us buy one, I buy two with the plan to sell mine to Sokei. Be sure to state this specifically in party order.

Then I would just bring it up something like this:

First inquire about the skins, then say something like --
Hey, Bar Keep, is this the place I've heard stories about that there is a lost Gold Mine someplace nearby? You ever heard such a thing? (Something like that.)

See what the bartender says. Take it from there. I wouldn't post yet about going back to camp, but I do agree that is the next stop unless something comes out of the questioning of the bartender.

Post Date: 15th Mar, 2004 - 12:45am / Post ID: #

[camp] Gold Mine
A Friend

Page 7 Mine Gold camp

Everything sounds good to me. Do you guys thing that Horde might say something about the map since the GM may consider him a little more out of it from having more ale than the rest of us? Or would one mug not make that much of a difference? There are just too many ways that could play out badly running through my head right now... If you don't think that something may go wrong, I'll go along with it. Just asking you cause you guys know how this works better than me. tongue.gif

Post Date: 15th Mar, 2004 - 1:00am / Post ID: #

[camp] Gold Mine
A Friend

Mine Gold camp

Alright ill post, no worries. I picked elda to negotiate because she has the highest soul points out of all of us.

15th Mar, 2004 - 2:06am / Post ID: #

[camp] Gold Mine

EEEEeeeek!! 5gp apiece for ALE skins??? 15 for wine???? Jumpin jiminy cricket... That's highway robbery.... That's 20 gps for 4 ale skins. Talk about getting fleeced!! Well, we've learned now to ask first how much they cost... laugh.gif We might have got it cheaper in the village market... Ah, well, Horde will have to learn to *ration*!!....

Now we've piqued the barkeep's interest. How do we squirm out of that one?

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 15th Mar, 2004 - 2:32am / Post ID: #

[camp] Gold Mine
A Friend

[camp] Gold Mine - Page 7

ugh...this is turning out bad. Grumpy likes wine, me thinks, so im sure he wont be too happy about this.

We should have looked at the map first >.<....oh well whats done is done. I dont know....We could always tell him we've been hearing a lot about some gold mine and that we wanted to hear more or somthing. This is a toughie. If worst comes to worst we could just go outside look at the map then go back in and ask him if we should aquire new information.

Post Date: 15th Mar, 2004 - 3:14am / Post ID: #

[camp] Gold Mine
A Friend

[camp] Gold Mine World Medieval PBP RPG - Page 7

Hrm... We might be able to get away with saying "There's more than one?" and maybe get a little info on all of them, and then go out somewhere private and look at the map to see which one it is.

Reconcile Edited: drizzychick on 15th Mar, 2004 - 3:23am

> TOPIC: [camp] Gold Mine

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,