[party Order] Gold Mine - Page 3 of 10

Ice, says, "Sokei, let's get - Page 3 - World of Medieval PBP RPG - Posted: 4th Apr, 2004 - 2:45pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

27th April 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Ranger
Ranger
Cleric
Cleric
Paladin
Paladin
Wizard
Wizard
Barbarian
Barbarian
Fighter
Fighter
Draconian
Draconian
Warlock
Warlock
Rogue
Rogue

+  1 2 3 4 5 6 7  ...Latest (10) »
Closed
Leader of the party posts here
31st Mar, 2004 - 4:51am / Post ID: #

[party Order] Gold Mine - Page 3

Althea will now thoroughly examine the trap door. Where are the hinges, is there a handle, is it set in stone or just dirt or within a wooden frame?

Sponsored Links:
31st Mar, 2004 - 5:14am / Post ID: #

Mine Gold Order party

Althea calls quietly up to Sokei, Ice, and Elda: "Psst! The door's got a big block of metal in it with a lock! I'm going to search here for a key, you all search up there outside the first door and see if you can find one under a rock or something. If not, we'll see if we can't 'persuade' it to open another way."

"Horde, keep one ear on that door, and listen for any sound at all." Once again, Althea lights up the small space. This time, she actually searches under the ladder rungs and the torch holder on the wall.
============== Sokei, Ice, and Elda will search near the outside door under rocks and such to see if they can find a key. Althea will seach the chamber for any clues/keys/signs.

2nd Apr, 2004 - 2:14pm / Post ID: #

[party Order] Gold Mine RPG PBP Medieval World

Ice says thoughtfully, "That was a bit strange. I have heard of something called a pressure lock. Maybe that is what this is. Let's try closing this door and see if that frees the other one for opening.

If this doesn't turn out to be a pressure lock, two of you are thieves, can't you pick the lock? We don't want to use force, if we don't have to, it will make too much noise."

The party mulls this over and agrees to try it.

"Only question is," says Ice, "should we all try to squeeze in here by standing together on the stairs, or should some of us stay outside in case there is trouble opening the top door again?"

Sokei will stay by the outside trap door, and keep the wolves at bay.

Horde will go up the stairs to stand guard with Sokei (and protect him from wolves).

Ice will come down the stairs and stand ready with sword when the inner door opens. Elda will squeeze into the first chamber by standing on the stairs.

The party will close the outer door to see if this releases the pressure on the first inner door. If this does not happen, the two thieves will try their hands at picking the lock.

3rd Apr, 2004 - 3:58am / Post ID: #

Page 3 Mine Gold Order party

Ice says, "What do you mean you have no tools? What kind of thieves are you? What if I didn't have weapons, would I be a good warrior? Unbelievable." ::Ice shakes her head in disbelief::

"Well, I have a pick" Ice continues. "We could try and break the door down. It will be loud, but what choice do we have? Unless you think we should turn back get some tools and return another day?"

Still fuming from embarrassment, Althea shakes her head. "No," she says. "We're here now, let's do this any way we can. I have a hammer and spikes, as well as a grappling hook and rope."

"Another option would be to use the spikes and hammer and see if we can remove the lock," says Ice. "Or, attach the grappling hook, and run the rope up the ladder, run it up a tree branch, down the other side and see if all of us pulling on it will pull the door open."

Elda shrugs, and says "Ice's plan sounds good since I can't think of anything else."

Just then, the most unholy bellowing and yelling comes from topside, fading into the distance. Frowning, Elda says, "Did that sound like Horde to you?" The three women look at each other, eyes wide, and seemingly on cue they begin to go up the ladder to open the outer door.

================= Ice, Elda, and Althea will go topside to check on Sokei and Horde. Then Ice and Althea will return to the lower level to try the hammer and a spike to remove the lock from the wooden door.

3rd Apr, 2004 - 4:02am / Post ID: #

Mine Gold Order party

The Game Master says...

international QUOTE
Ice, Elda, and Althea will go topside to check on Sokei and Hord

By check Horde do you mean you will go in the woods?

3rd Apr, 2004 - 4:10am / Post ID: #

[party Order] Gold Mine

No, but because we were underground at the time of his disappearance we need to hear the story from Sokei.... don't we?

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
3rd Apr, 2004 - 10:09pm / Post ID: #

[party Order] Gold Mine - Page 3

Althea impatiently pushes back wisps of hair that have stuck to her sweating brow. "Well, that's that, then. Let's pull it up. Who's the strongest? Sokei? Let's get him down here then."

Althea heads up the ladder to make room for Sokei in the cramped quarters. "See if you can pull open that door now -- it's been hammered fairly well."

Sokei heads down the ladder.

Ice says, "Sokei, see if you can open that door, just keep it in front of you like a shield as you open it. Let's see what is behind it."

-----------

Sokei will open the door, Ice will defend with sword. Being a heavy oak door, it may take some doing to lift it up. Ice and Sokei will examine the next area and report. Elda and Althea will keep watch topside and wait for word..

4th Apr, 2004 - 2:45pm / Post ID: #

[party Order] Gold Mine World Medieval PBP RPG - Page 3

Ice, says, "Sokei, let's get that canary down there and make sure it is safe for us. Then if it is, let's take a close look at that cart. It could be booby trapped you know."

The canary is passed down on the rope to the lower level for five minutes. If all seems safe, the party will descend into the lower level cautiously. Althea and Elda will close the topside door behind them, and join Ice and Sokei. The party will closely examine the cart for traps, for a way to control or steer it, and for a way to stop it. They will determine if it is large enough to hold all of the party at once. If there are any obvious traps, Althea and Elda will attempt to disarm them.

+  1 2 3 4 5 6 7  ...Latest (10) »

> TOPIC: [party Order] Gold Mine

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,