[party Order] Gold Mine - Page 4 of 10

The torch is extinquished. Then the group - Page 4 - World of Medieval PBP RPG - Posted: 15th Apr, 2004 - 5:27pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

10th May 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Draconian
Draconian
Warlock
Warlock
Paladin
Paladin
Wizard
Wizard
Cleric
Cleric
Fighter
Fighter
Ranger
Ranger
Rogue
Rogue
Barbarian
Barbarian

+  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8  ...Latest (10) »
Closed
Leader of the party posts here
5th Apr, 2004 - 1:22am / Post ID: #

[party Order] Gold Mine - Page 4

The group ponders their mode of transportation after examining the cart.

Sokei seems excited to ride in the cart. "Yes! Lets go for it. I can be first, with my spear. I can stab things at a distance and use the butt of the spear to slow us down."

"It's going to be noisy, no doubt about it. They aren't meant for stealth but for work," says Althea. "Maybe we should just walk the tracks and see what we can see."

"If we find more gold than we can carry, we would have no way to get it back home after leaving the mine, so I see no real purpose in the cart," says Ice. "I vote we follow these tracks and see where they lead us. Let's keep our eyes open for booby traps as we go."

"I agree with Ice. I think we should walk the tracks. If they do have more than one cart on this set of tracks, it would either be being pushed, which wouldn't pose much of a threat either way, or going so fast if we were using the cart, the people behind and in the cart would surely be greatly jolted at least. I do not see much point in using the cart."

"That's it then. Majority vote says we walk." Althea shrugs at Sokei. "Sorry, mate. Here, I'll carry the blasted bird cage so you can carry the torch."

The party will begin walking along the tracks in "party order" with weapons ready:

Sokei in the lead with spear, second is Althea with bow and arrow, followed by Ice with sword, finishing with Elda with bow and arrow. The party will be on the lookout for traps, humans, and creatures. Sokei will carry one torch, Ice will light and carry a second torch.

Sponsored Links:
6th Apr, 2004 - 11:55am / Post ID: #

Mine Gold Order party

Ice says, "Well, well, well, what do we have here? Someone has been kind enough to leave us with a torch to light the way. Let's check for traps, and then one of you who doesn't have a torch might want to take this with you. If not, I will put it in my pack for later. We probably don't need to light them all."

Althea nods to that and says, "What's this lever here? Wonder what it does? Do the tracks here go through that opening? Maybe it switches the direction of the cart? Let's have a closer look."

"Maybe we should just leave it alone and continue looking for our gold," says Elda.

Sokei says, "We should try to keep quiet though, becase it lessens our chance of being ambushed."
=========== The party will examine the lever and the tracks, as well as the left-hadn opening in the tunnel. If it's obvious the lever switches the direction of the tracks, the party will leave it alone and move on straight on the tracks. Also if there is no apparent function of the lever, without moving it, the party will leave it alone and move forward.

Ice will take the torch and stow it in her back pack.

8th Apr, 2004 - 3:42am / Post ID: #

[party Order] Gold Mine RPG PBP Medieval World

Ice says: "What the heck is causing that?!?! I think we should forget about this room and investigate where that gust of wind came from. It seems to have come from straight ahead."

Althea lights a second torch. "Sokei and I will check this left hand 'room' while Elda and you, Ice, continue forward. We'll meet up with you as soon as we can." She turns to Sokei. "C'mon, warrior. Let's make quick work of this so we can catch up."

--------------------------
Althe and Sokei will investigate the left-hand room, lighting up as much of the space as possible and examining the walls, ceiling, floor for any sign of gold ore or mining, and also being on the look out for creatures and humans, weapons ready -- Sokei in the lead carrying torch and spear, Althea with bow and arrow drawn..

Ice and Elda will continue northward on the tracks with weapons ready, Ice in the lead with torch and sword and Elda with bow and arrow.

9th Apr, 2004 - 3:49am / Post ID: #

Page 4 Mine Gold Order party

Ice says to Elda: "Let's shine our torch in that opening in the wall and see if we can see anything. Then I think we should head back to meet Althea and Sokei and confer."

Althea and Sokei will thoroughly investigate the small room, including the broken cart. When Ice and Elda return, we will descend the ladder into the lower level, taking the shovel and pick and fork with us -- Elda will carry the shovel in her back pack, Sokei the fork in his pack, and Althea the pick in her back pack...

In party order, Sokei first with torch, which he will hand off to Althea when she gets to the bottom of the ladder and they will light up the level to see what's what before continuing.

10th Apr, 2004 - 5:35am / Post ID: #

Mine Gold Order party

"Hmph. I thought we could put these things to good use, but everything is broken!" complains Althea with a sigh. "Let's leave them here."

Ice and Elda return and report that the tracks veer to the left through an opening large enough only for the cart to pass through.

The party descends to the next lower level. With two torches lit now, the group examines this new tunnel for creatures, footprints, tracks, useful items, and clues. They will listen for a few moments to the noise in the distance to see if they can determine what it is, and then follow the tunnel as it curves to the left -- weapons ready: Sokei with spear and torch, Althea with bow and arrow, Ice with sword, and Elda with bow and arrow.

11th Apr, 2004 - 12:52am / Post ID: #

[party Order] Gold Mine

Althea's first reaction is to hunker down close to the ground and hug the wall to be as indistinguishable as possible, lest people/creatures look their way. She tugs at Sokei's arm to pull him back close to the wall and get the torchlight out of the main tunnel area. What is that sound? Althea covers the canary with her cloak to quiet the little bird.

Ice quickly extinguishes her torch and motions for the others to do the same. Once all is dark, she whispers to Althea, "Let's leave the bird here for now. We don't want to announce our arrival, now do we?"

Elda says, "Sounds good to me."

"Everyone should wait a minute to let their eyes adjust to the dark. OK, let's edge ahead very slowly, hug the wall and place one foot very carefully, and quietly ahead of us as we move," Ice directs the party in quiet whispers and hand gestures.

============================
The bird will be left against the wall in the shadows as the party in single file and close to the wall edges forward to spy out the work crew up ahead. If we can pass the work crew in a shadowy area, we will do so, following the wall, and continuing on in the tunnel. Torches will be relit after a safe distance from the work crew.

If it is determined that we cannot pass the work crew without being seen, we will go back, pick up the bird, go up the ladder to the higher level, relight the torches and follow the tracks north.

If we are seen, we will fight in party order.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
13th Apr, 2004 - 10:07pm / Post ID: #

[party Order] Gold Mine - Page 4

The group decides they will investigate the source of the breeze. They will enter in party order with weapons drawn. They will move as quickly as they can while being careful and quiet ever mindful that someone now knows they are in the mine.

15th Apr, 2004 - 5:27pm / Post ID: #

[party Order] Gold Mine World Medieval PBP RPG - Page 4

The torch is extinquished. Then the group waits a few minutes to let their eyes adjust to the darkness. Then they proceed slowly and carefully towards the room.

They will stop before entering the room and listen for any evidence of occupants. If nothing is heard, they will look into the room to see if they see anything. If they see nothing then they will enter the room quickly with weapons drawn prepared for a fight.

Sokei is still using his spear as a weapon. He will use it like a "missile" if there is a fight and then quickly draw his sword. All others are still using the weapons mentioned previously.

Once in the room, if there is no fight, they will look around. If they can't see without a torch they will light one. They will examine the walls ceilings and floors for any traps or dangers.

+  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8  ...Latest (10) »

> TOPIC: [party Order] Gold Mine

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,