[party Order] Gold Mine - Page 2 of 10

Althea's heart stops...and then begins - Page 2 - World of Medieval PBP RPG - Posted: 31st Mar, 2004 - 4:35am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

27th April 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Wizard
Wizard
Fighter
Fighter
Ranger
Ranger
Cleric
Cleric
Barbarian
Barbarian
Warlock
Warlock
Draconian
Draconian
Paladin
Paladin
Rogue
Rogue

+  1 2 3 4 5 6  ...Latest (10) »
Closed
Leader of the party posts here
Post Date: 17th Mar, 2004 - 1:42am / Post ID: #

[party Order] Gold Mine
A Friend

[party Order] Gold Mine - Page 2

Elda replies, "Aye a mine full of gold, but i havnt heard much, and came to you to ask if you had known anythin about it, If you dont we'll be off."

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 19th Mar, 2004 - 11:09am / Post ID: #

[party Order] Gold Mine
A Friend

Mine Gold Order party

Grumbling at the lightening of her purse by a thieving barkeep's prices, Althea elbows Horde. "Hey, ya big lout. Let's get rolling before the moss begins to grow under yer feet."

She stows in her back pack the ale skin Elda hands to her.

Glaring as she passes the clay-brained miscreants what chose to fling insults her way, Althea marks their faces for future reference -- being a thief can make for choice vengeance when least expected... Later, she promises them silently.

Althea heads out the door with Horde in tow. The group walks to the far side of the park. Sokei pays back Ice for the skin of ale (-5gp for Sokei) (+5gp for Ice).The group looks around to see if anyone is watching. They take out the map and examine it.

21st Mar, 2004 - 6:03pm / Post ID: #

[party Order] Gold Mine RPG PBP Medieval World

Seeing the rain pattering down on the map, Sokei rolls it up quickly and stows it in his backpack to protect the ink from smearing. "Let's find some shelter," he says, "so's we can study the map more closely and examine those markings."

The party agrees, looking upward at the lowering clouds, and moving into the shelter of nearby trees. Sokei takes out the map again and unrolls it fully.

Elda says, "May take us a day or two traveling to get to this place. What are these markings here?"

Horde, meanwhile, has been grumbling louder and louder about a lil drinky. Althea shakes her head and shrugs at Ice, who's glaring at Horde. "What else can we do? He's a great strong fighter, if nothing else...."

"Aw, hush, ye griping jolthead," Althea scowls at Horde. "Worse'n an infant, you are. Here, take a drink of this, but don't gulp it all down at once. Save some some for later. This stuff costs more than you're worth, lad." She hands over her ale skin to Horde, and hovers nearby to collect it once he's had a swig.

"Hey, Ice," says Sokei, "don't you think a bird down that mine shaft would be a good idea? I've heard they can help detect bad air or poisons in those close quarters."

Ice nods agreement. "Aye, lad, I'll look for one in the market. But I'll not be carrying the blasted thing -- I've got enough of a load to haul. Ye'll have to handle it and care for it yerself."

===========
The party will examine the map markings very closely to identify them, and so as to be able to recognize them when they encounter them on the way to the mine.

Ice will try to purchase a canary and bird cage in the market, and check for ale skins at a cheaper price -- if they are 2 gp or less, the party will purchase 2 more. If she's able to find a bird and cage, Sokei will carry it and care for it.

The party will make preparations for travel -- take inventory of food, water, torches, and gear.

Reconcile Edited: FarSeer on 21st Mar, 2004 - 6:04pm

24th Mar, 2004 - 3:03am / Post ID: #

Page 2 Mine Gold Order party

Elda says-- looking up at the clouds, "Don't really need to buy anything, which is good cause I don't think I have enough for anything useful. Let's move on before the rain starts"

Ice agrees. "I say, let's go! "

Horde agrees. "Ah grufffff... if I be standing here another minute meh toes will get parched and I will be needing a drinky to give em' life again!"

Althea double-checks Horde as he drinks deeply from the ale skin. "Whoa, big fella. Don't be wasting it, now, save some for later." She grabs for the skin.

To the party she says, "Let's get on it, then. No sense wasting the day. Who's settin' our pace?"

Sokei re-rolls the map, checks his direction, and leads the party onward toward the mine at a fast clip.

Reconcile Edited: FarSeer on 24th Mar, 2004 - 3:04am

Post Date: 25th Mar, 2004 - 10:57pm / Post ID: #

[party Order] Gold Mine
A Friend

Mine Gold Order party

The group scouts the area, looking for fresh tracks. They are ready for a fight should something come out of the darkness.If nothing is found, or when scouting is finished the group will set up camp in a secluded area near the mine but not visible to incomers.

Post Date: 26th Mar, 2004 - 11:00pm / Post ID: #

[party Order] Gold Mine
A Friend

[party Order] Gold Mine

The group decides to open the trap door. Sokei has his spear at the ready, and opens the door. Ice has her bow at the ready, arrow drawn and ready to fire inside the enterance. Athea and Elana draw their swords. Sokei borrows a touch from athea, lights it and peers cautiously into the door. He does not enter, but examines the inside with what light is provided.

Reconcile Edited: FunXueYei on 26th Mar, 2004 - 11:01pm

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
29th Mar, 2004 - 12:22am / Post ID: #

[party Order] Gold Mine - Page 2

"Horde, ya big galoot, HUSH!!" Althea whispers hoarsely. "Do ya want to bring all tarnation down upon us?? Whist! The only good new is, ye may have scared off the wolves...." Peering down the hole within the small circle of torch-light as Sokei holds the torch inside, Althea says, "The ladder looks sturdy enough. I'm ready to go in and look a bit, and I'll take Horde with me."

Ice says, "Well, the first person needs to carry the torch to see, and I plan to be right behind you to protect you." Peering into the mine shaft, she points out, "I don't think a bow will be any good once we are inside. We will need to use swords then."

"So," says Ice, "let's drop the canary. If the canary comes up fine after 5 minutes in the hole, we're a-going in."

Sokei says, "It could staighten out very close to the start. I think we should send in someone very cautiously first, and we might get surprise attacked by wolves of some such thing, so we should be ready. Forward ho i say, into the depths of the mine!"
=====================================================

1. Sokei will use Althea's rope to tie the bird cage and lower it into the mine shaft. If after five minutes the bird is still alive, the party will enter the mine in this way (after properly stowing the rope in Althea's pack):

Horde first with the torch
Althea second with dagger ready, Horde will hand off the torch to her when she reaches the bottom of the ladder, and draw his sword.
Ice and Elda at the doorway with bows ready as we descend, Sokei on watch for wolves.

2. Holding the torch high, Horde and Althea will examine the "landing" area at the bottom of the ladder and where the shaft leads next.

3. If all is safe so far, the rest of the party will follow down the ladder as Horde stands guard.

31st Mar, 2004 - 4:35am / Post ID: #

[party Order] Gold Mine World Medieval PBP RPG - Page 2

Althea's heart stops...and then begins to hammer rapidly as she reads the horrible message painted in dripping blood on the wall of the landing. "Um.. This does not bode well, my friends. There's a message writ large, and in blood, on the wall down here -- 'Beware' and all that. Anyone wants to back out, now's yer chance, before we go any farther."

She rests a hand on Horde's shoulder, more to steady herself than to get his attention. "How about you, yer big mutton-head? You for forging onward?"

Sokei relays his opinion quietly, "My thoughts are to proceed slowly in the mine."

Elda hears Althea's offer to leave and scoffs.
"I'm afraid it will take a little more than a warning in blood to frighten me away. I fear not death," she said, smirking to herself. This may yet prove to be interesting...

Ice says, "Turn back now?! What, and let you have the gold all to yourself? I think not!" She adds quietly, "Be careful down there. Have yourselves a real good look see before you do anything else. Also, put your ear to the door. See what you can hear. Do you hear anything?"

"Horde, did you hear that? Please, move quietly, don't speak unless you have to, and then please whisper, okay?" Althea holds the torch high and looks upward at the small ceiling, and lights up every nook and cranny of the room, including under the ladder.

Already on edge due to the warning message, when a puff of air blasts through the seams of the trap door, Althea nearly screams! But instead bites her tongue to keep silent. She knows it's a rhetorical question and doesn't really expect an answer, but has to ask it, whispering softly to Horde. "What in blue blazes was that?" She puts her ear to the door, very carefully, to see what she can hear.

====================================================

If nothing is heard at the door, Horde will open the next door while Althea holds the torch to see what's through it. If another sturdy ladder presents itself, Horde will descend with the torch, Althea will follow and take the torch from Horde at the next landing so he can draw his sword. Ice and Elda will follow into the previous chamber, and Sokei will keep watch on the surface until he's able to follow.

+  1 2 3 4 5 6  ...Latest (10) »

> TOPIC: [party Order] Gold Mine

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,