Disillusioned Between Free And Donate?

Disillusioned Free Donate - Community News, FAQ, Feedback - Posted: 27th Dec, 2005 - 9:00pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

Post Date: 27th Dec, 2005 - 7:47pm / Post ID: #

Disillusioned Between Free And Donate?

Disillusioned Between Free and Donate?

Some people join the Community to become Members in hopes of playing RPGs such as Plugged, only to become disappointed that they need to Upgrade in order to participate. The question here is: Is it clear enough which RPGs require Upgrade and which only need the 30 posts such as Medieval, Future Earth and Love & Life Bytes?

Sponsored Links:
27th Dec, 2005 - 7:54pm / Post ID: #

Donate Free Disillusioned

I believe that it is plenty clear if a new member actually takes the time to READ everything that is provided for them. The ones that do not read and understand this before joining I am sure are very disappointed however they could have spent more time and avoided this all together. Perhaps if there are a lot of people making assumptions there might be a way to consolidate our FAQ pages ect. pulling out some of the more prevalent information into another, *RPGer starter read me* that just outlines some of the majors such as that and then directs them to the full FAQ, maybe they would be better with information pertaining more to just RPGs and read everything else after they have started on their 30 posts. Or they may choose not to join at all after, a lot of it depends on the individual maturity level of the person I believe.

27th Dec, 2005 - 8:02pm / Post ID: #

Disillusioned Between Free And Donate? Feedback & FAQ News Community

Bwren said just about the exact thing I was typing! Being so new, I can tell you my experience. I came via a link from RPGHost, and read all the information about RPG before registering so I wouldn't be wasting anyone's (or mine) time. I was a little sorry to see that you couldn't play more than one game without upgrading or that some games were for upgraded members only, but I accepted that and hope that at some point I can upgrade my membership and take advantage of all the community's opportunities.

27th Dec, 2005 - 9:00pm / Post ID: #

Donate Free Disillusioned

QUOTE (Bwren)
*RPGer starter read me*

This is what the RPG Stuff page is supposed to be as it tells you at a glance what are the qualifications for each RPG. Each RPG Bot also links to that page, but as you said, they simply do not read.

QUOTE (NightVision)
little sorry to see that you couldn't play more than one game

Yes, it is. It used to be that anyone could play any number of RPGs they wish, but then people would join one game, create a character and not show up - then next time you see them they are in another RPG! This became frustrating for me as GM as you can imagine. However, I must point out something in offtopic:

Offtopic but,
The Member Wars section does allow you to participate in more than one RPG. For instance you can create your own thread as I did with "The Village Tavern". You can get a Munjpet, fight against the Bots or create a Member Wars RPG character from the in house system. You may or may not relate the Arcade with a form of RPGing that allows you to 'threaten' other players. Lastly, you may wish to check out this link for ways to earn your Upgrade: Can I Contribute?

> TOPIC: Disillusioned Between Free And Donate?

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,