Bad Women Drivers? - Page 2 of 3

There may be some gender difference in driving - Page 2 - Culture, Family, Travel, Consumer Reviews - Posted: 1st Dec, 2004 - 2:26pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 
Men Are Bullies!
23rd May, 2004 - 11:30am / Post ID: #

Bad Women Drivers? - Page 2

Maybe there are more males driving than women 

In the US I do not believe the percentage difference between male and female drivers would be large enough to explain the percentage difference of fatal accidents between men and women.

Sometimes, because when you see a woman driving so slow, it may cause more accidents than someone who is driving at a normal speed.

Also, I don't really see a lot of women drivers going slow. What I do see is a lot of foreign born drivers going slow. I don't think this means people born in the US are better drivers, but maybe it takes a while to get used to our roads and driving laws, etc. When I say foreign born, what I really mean is from third world countries where the roads, etc., probably aren't as developed and they probably didn't have a lot of experience driving in high traffic situations like they face where I live.

So, if you see a lot of this in Trinidad, maybe women don't get their licenses as early as men or maybe they don't drive as often so they aren't as comfortable with it because they don't have the same experience as most of the men in Trinidad?

It certainly isn't just because they were born female. smile.gif

Sponsored Links:
23rd May, 2004 - 2:20pm / Post ID: #

Drivers Women Bad

Tena said:

I would be willing to bet there are more males driving that women involved in those accidents.

and then LDS_Forever said:
Maybe there are more males driving than women

And here's my two-cent's worth:
In the U.S. there are actually more women driving and more women making decisions about family vehicle purchases. Which is one reason behind car-makers targeting women in their advertising.

Link to Story

"The overall percentage of female drivers is rising, while the overall percentage of male drivers is decreasing. According to the U.S. Dept of Transportation, the percentage of female drivers grew from 44% in 1972 to 49% in 1996, compared to the percentage of male drivers which fell from 56% in 1972 to 51% in 1996."

"Women have influential buying power. Ford Motor Marketing reports that women influence 80% of all purchases.

Women are purchasing more cars than ever before. According to Art Spinella, of CNW Research, an automotive marketing research firm based in Bandon, OR., nearly half of new car purchases are made by women, and 53% of used car sales can be attributed to women. In certain age and vehicle categories, females represent more than 50% of current buyers."

""There is a growing appreciation of female customers. Technicians report that females ask more questions, inquire about details, and are more willing to look under the hood, or check out parts," says Diane Hohman, an automotive aftermarket consultant in Herndon, VA. "Efforts to address the needs of female customers are evident in the marketplace. From conducting women's car care clinics to hiring female service writers and technicians, repair businesses are taking steps to welcome female customers."

23rd May, 2004 - 7:01pm / Post ID: #

Bad Women Drivers? Reviews Consumer & Travel Family Culture

Thanks for the information Roz, I didn't know you all have more women drivers than men. I find it to be very interesting. The women in Argentina drive differently to the ones I have seen in the US and Trinidad. The women in Argentina drive VERY SLOW, extremely slow and like if they are scared.

23rd May, 2004 - 7:42pm / Post ID: #

Page 2 Drivers Women Bad

Perhaps this only happens in England but...

A recent report showed that women drive less miles
per year than men.

A witty commentator suggested that the figures were only
different because, unlike men, women stop and ask
for directions.

Ah, made me laugh anyway!

wink.gif

Dubhdara.

23rd May, 2004 - 8:20pm / Post ID: #

Drivers Women Bad

laugh.gif dubhdara -- that's actually very funny, thank you for the ammunition I can use with some stubborn males that I know smile.gif

Roz

28th Jul, 2004 - 4:20am / Post ID: #

Bad Women Drivers?

I don't know much about statistically which have more accidents, men or women, all I know is the 2 bumps we've had with our minivan Paul had been driving. I think the worst drivers on the road are the ones using cell phones, and it doesn't matter if they are men or women. Talking on a cell phone is so dangerous and it doesn't matter if it's a hands free one. I just know that when I see someone using a cell phone and driving I give them a wide berth.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 1st Dec, 2004 - 6:35am / Post ID: #

Bad Women Drivers?
A Friend

Bad Women Drivers - Page 2

Women drivers can be dangerous and so can men. Maybe a person can be stereotyped into something they are not. I was frightened while a friend drove with me to work one day. She was an awful driver, and other male and female drivers have had their own discrepancies in the matter. smile.gif

1st Dec, 2004 - 2:26pm / Post ID: #

Bad Women Drivers Culture Family Travel & Consumer Reviews - Page 2

There may be some gender difference in driving styles; for example, I know of a man who was involved in an accident while his wife was driving. They were going fairly fast under slick conditions, and she saw a rabbit start to cross the road. Where many guys I know (including this man) would have run over the rabbit for safety's sake, she couldn't stand to do that, so she slammed on the brakes and they spun out and had an accident.

HOWEVER, those differences are not major.

As a lifetime Colorado resident, I am not nearly as concerned about women or teenagers driving as I am about people from warm climates who come here with 4-wheel drive and figure they know how to drive on ice. I am not prejudiced against people from farther south; I just see plenty of them causing accidents here.

I am also worried about some elderly people driving. My mom's car was totaled by an old man whose hands are almost too shaky to sign his name. He still has his license. I love senior citizens (I live with my grandparents), but after age 75, they should have to pass a driving test every year or two to keep their licenses. When driving competence dwindles, it's hard for kids to take away their parents' keys if the state renews licenses with no questions asked.

Wow. That was a ranting post.

+  1 2 3 

> TOPIC: Bad Women Drivers?

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,