A GM That Delivers True To Life Role-Play Gaming - Page 2 of 3

Then, whether you prefer reality-gaming or - Page 2 - Board, Card, RPG Reviews - Posted: 1st Jul, 2015 - 8:45pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

29th April 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Cleric
Cleric
Ranger
Ranger
Barbarian
Barbarian
Paladin
Paladin
Fighter
Fighter
Warlock
Warlock
Draconian
Draconian
Wizard
Wizard
Rogue
Rogue

+  1 2 3 
12th Feb, 2013 - 5:15pm / Post ID: #

A GM That Delivers True To Life Role-Play Gaming - Page 2

When you find a good Dungeon Master you hold on to him or her because they are hard to find. Its easier to get a good player or even groom a player to be good but you can't do the same with a Dungeon Master, its either they have it or they don't.

Sponsored Links:
1st Mar, 2013 - 4:13am / Post ID: #

Gaming Role-Play Life True Delivers GM A

I play Fantasy Role Playing to escape from the real world. While I enjoy a certain amount of realism, where do you draw the line? Leveling by Experience is a good example. Logically, mastering almost any Feat in Dungeons & Dragons would take weeks, months, or even years of intense study and discipline, but instead we learn to do these things by killing monsters and overcoming obstacles. Not particularly realistic, but it works, and most importantly, it's fun.

Reconcile Edited: Oinodaemon on 1st Mar, 2013 - 4:15am

22nd Apr, 2013 - 5:14pm / Post ID: #

A GM That Delivers True To Life Role-Play Gaming Reviews RPG & Card Board

international QUOTE
While I enjoy a certain amount of realism, where do you draw the line?

I can think of two points here. The first is that you need to cater for your players wishes. If they want even leveling up realistic then why not, its all part of the fun. If they don't then everyone can assume it was taken care of somehow. The second point, I think realism or being "True to life" in role-play gaming as Teddy started out with has to do with two things as well; The GM creating a world good enough that you can feel like you're really in it and then you and the other players playing their roles like they're there too. I saw where Bruconero mentioned in Imagination In Role-playing Games - Still Common? that he could create something with a lot of detail but sometimes his players would not go for it and they would get bored. It has to be a balance. I guess as a GM you would need to specify the kind of players you are looking for so they don't inadvertently join your game and bring it down for everyone.

Post Date: 22nd Apr, 2013 - 10:33pm / Post ID: #

A GM That Delivers True To Life Role-Play Gaming
A Friend

Page 2 Gaming Role-Play Life True Delivers GM A

Yeah being a great or even a good Dungeon Master/GM is not a easy task at times. You have a lot you as a Dungeon Master in your mind of what is happening or is going to happen and trying to get that picture in the players mind is not easy to do. I know I do not always get it right but I keep trying.

22nd Apr, 2013 - 11:26pm / Post ID: #

Gaming Role-Play Life True Delivers GM A

True to life is relative to the individual's experience and circumstance. For instance if you have never been poor it might be difficult role-play someone that is starving. You could probably attempt something but it might not be 'realistic'. However if you've researched it then you might have a better idea. If you've starved before then you will be so good at knowing what it's like that you can really describe it explicitly. So yes it is a big weight on the GM's shoulders to make it happen, that's why I'm just a player wink.gif.

Post Date: 1st Jul, 2015 - 7:16pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

international QUOTE (FairMaiden @ 22-Apr 13, 5:14 PM)
you need to cater for your players wishes.

An interesting thread. I'm sorry the last post was over two years ago because I think there's more life in it:
FairMaiden's statement that "You need to cater to your players wishes" Makes me wonder, "how much?
As a GM, because I invest the most time and energy into the campaign, I choose the flavour. Players who respond to this I encourage. I like a mix of gaming, with social interaction and "Acting" Probably being my favourite. But if after an evening of skulduggery in the Princess' Masked Ball I notice one bored player among many, I may throw in a fight to allow him to use his blast magic. This catering to players wishes is a natural part of any human interaction. But the majority of your players enjoy a prefer a different style of gaming, what do you do? How much should

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
1st Jul, 2015 - 7:44pm / Post ID: #

A GM Delivers True Life Role-Play Gaming - Page 2

I like the role-play as well, but I notice some cannot handle it they may even be offended by it not knowing how to separate themselves from the characters they play. I think most see it as "Dice rolling" Rather "Role-playing".

Rather off topic, but...
Topics here aren't really considered old, there is no limit to responding and if there is the moderators normally lock it.

Post Date: 1st Jul, 2015 - 8:45pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

A GM Delivers True Life Role-Play Gaming Board Card & RPG Reviews - Page 2

Then, whether you prefer reality-gaming or role-playing (Not mutually exclusive of course), champion your cause! One of the joys of Role-playing Games is that when your turn arrives, you get to paint the picture: If you love realism, inspire the others with your honest brushstrokes of the gritty action.If you love roleplay, probe for hidden depths in the characters around you. In Play By Post adding your favourite flavour should be easier than ever, because you have time to compose an answer. Don't just respond, inspire!

+  1 2 3 

> TOPIC: A GM That Delivers True To Life Role-Play Gaming

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,