Monopoly Board Game - Page 2 of 5

I would first like to state that this is my - Page 2 - Board, Card, RPG Reviews - Posted: 11th Sep, 2005 - 2:57am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

28th March 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Draconian
Draconian
Cleric
Cleric
Wizard
Wizard
Warlock
Warlock
Paladin
Paladin
Rogue
Rogue
Ranger
Ranger
Barbarian
Barbarian
Fighter
Fighter

+  1 2 3 4 5 
Discuss  Monopoly Board Game
14th Jun, 2004 - 7:11pm / Post ID: #

Monopoly Board Game - Page 2

That's the fun of the game though is that its not a one-two-three youre out kinda game. It takes a while to build up some wealth, get some properties, and that's when the real game begins. I like that aspect of it, its just that I dont get the time to sit down and commit to it, without something else taking my time. As a kid, all we had was time, so it wasnt a big deal. One of the things I miss about being a kid; all the free time with no worries tongue.gif

Sponsored Links:
25th Aug, 2004 - 5:19am / Post ID: #

Game Board Monopoly

When I was a child my parents, my brother and I would play Monopoly. We would usually play on a Sunday after church and dinner. We would start what was supposed to be just a short game and before we knew it, it was dark out and time for bed (for my brother and me at least). I always loved those Sundays and it wasn't because of the game but just because I got to spend some fun time with my family. I had a lot of friends whose families barely found time to eat together much less play a game like Monopoly. I felt that I was lucky, we didn't have much money but we had lots of love. smile.gif I don't like playing Monopoly much anymore, maybe I've outgrown it, or maybe it's because that my father and brother have passed on, and to me it just isn't the same anymore.

Post Date: 6th Nov, 2004 - 1:32pm / Post ID: #

Monopoly Board Game
A Friend

Monopoly Board Game Reviews RPG & Card Board

I loved Monopoly as a kid, and I love it still, as an adult. It is a great game, and I love the fact that it isn't a 1-2-3 and done game. The only pet peeve I have related to Monopoly is when people suggest playing a game at night. Anytime a game is started after 6 o'clock, it is never finished. About halfway through the game people are ready to go home, go to bed, or watch TV. Usually, it is the person who suggests playing that is the first one to want to quit. I have probably played several hundred games of Monopoly in my life. I have finished, maybe 5 or 6. Anyone else have this problem?

O.

6th Nov, 2004 - 6:47pm / Post ID: #

Page 2 Game Board Monopoly

Monopoly definitely rates as one of the best games ever. Winning the pot is the best - going to jail is the worst. We used to play LIFE a lot too. I would say both are awesome family games.

6th Nov, 2004 - 7:53pm / Post ID: #

Game Board Monopoly

I love monopoly too. But I never played the original so I can't say how they compare laugh.gif

Growing up in Israel, I always played the Israeli version of it, and then a universal version, when you buy major cities of different countries. But I never played a SImpson or Star Wars version, that's weird. What do you buy, different stars? undecided.gif

Post Date: 2nd Apr, 2005 - 12:19am / Post ID: #

Monopoly Board Game
A Friend

Monopoly Board Game

Original Monopoly is my favorite board game by far. I used to play it religiously as a kid--even when I couldn't get anyone to play with me. As a result I know the board like the back of my hand. Anyone can give me a starting space and a number between one and thirteen and I could tell them exactly where they would land. Some people who like to count out their squares as they move have actually gotten irked at me for proclaiming what space they land on as well as what rent is owed to whom as soon as the dice have stopped. I know that game backwards and forwards even the chance and community chest cards (honestly, I know all of these, but I'm close. Also I don't know the property rent with different houses) I know all the rent prices and all the hotel rents. I even know the starting price of each property. If this sounds like I'm bragging- It's because I am, but honestly, this is my one claim to fame. Unfortunately though, I don't know the history of Monopoly, but I think that Monopoly influenced my life greatly as now my life goal is the acquisition of property for the purpose of charging rent. Thank you Parker Brothers for implanting a good idea into an impressionable young mind. wink.gif

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 8th Jun, 2005 - 9:22pm / Post ID: #

Monopoly Board Game
A Friend

Monopoly Board Game - Page 2

Wow, that is the american version? I always played on the British version until an Australian version came out. I am not sure which is the 'original' I think its the British but I don't know. My brother has it on his ps2 we play it sometimes it is quicker than the playing on the board because you all can roll at the same time, and you don't have to add the money!

11th Sep, 2005 - 2:57am / Post ID: #

Monopoly Board Game Board Card & RPG Reviews - Page 2

I would first like to state that this is my 30 post. yippee.

Next...
We love Monopoly. A board game invented in united states and was turned down several times before being picked up by parker brothers. Milton/Bradley is still kicking themselves over this. We have about 20 different versions mostly because my wife likes the different varieties on the board and the tokens that accompany it. We have a display case with the tokens from the game in it. When we want to play a game we have to retrieve the appropriate tokens from the display.

Wyldehorse

+  1 2 3 4 5 

> TOPIC: Monopoly Board Game

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,