Scrabble! - Page 3 of 4

This such a great way to learn new words! - Page 3 - Board, Card, RPG Reviews - Posted: 20th Sep, 2007 - 12:40pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

28th April 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Warlock
Warlock
Draconian
Draconian
Wizard
Wizard
Rogue
Rogue
Ranger
Ranger
Barbarian
Barbarian
Paladin
Paladin
Cleric
Cleric
Fighter
Fighter

+  1 2 3 4 
8th May, 2006 - 2:04am / Post ID: #

Scrabble! - Page 3

Scrabble is one of the great games I grew up playing. I really enjoyed it. My scrabble of today is Upwords, which is really just a three dimensional scrabble game. In Upwords, it's fun to score off someone else's great word by placing one or more tiles on the word, to slightly change it.

Sponsored Links:
26th May, 2006 - 7:05pm / Post ID: #

Scrabble

I think Scrabble is very fun, but most of my family members dislike playing it because it is my Dad's favorite game, and so it's the game he ALWAYS wants to play, and is quite good at. I like the challenge of playing against him, but I think everyone else just gets tired of playing a game they have such a small chance of winning...

I have also played upwords, and it is pretty fun too.

27th May, 2006 - 7:04pm / Post ID: #

Scrabble! Reviews RPG & Card Board

most of my family members dislike playing it because it is my Dad's favorite game, and so it's the game he ALWAYS wants to play, and is quite good at.
This reminds me of my sister. Being the youngest of six children, she would always lose word games, where maturity is an advantage. As she grew up, she focused on overcoming her disadvantage by becoming a word expert. For example, she is always working on crossword puzzles. Whenever there is a get-together, she pulls out the Scrabble or Upwords game. We all try our best, but nobody can ever beat her now. She very much enjoys her revenge at our expense. laugh.gif

30th May, 2006 - 2:00am / Post ID: #

Page 3 Scrabble

I recently learned a new version of Scrabble ~ Speed Scrabble, with teams! This would be great for your family get togethers, Dimavo smile.gif

Here's how:

Form three teams of two (or three) people. Place all the tiles on the table, face down. Each team starts with 7 tiles. As quickly as they can, the teams form words from their tiles in a grid formation. The first team to use all their tiles yells "Go!" and each team now draws 7 more tiles. Continue in this manner until all the tiles are drawn. Winners have the highest score. Be sure to count all the tiles, and be doubly sure not to count any twice!

If during the game none of the teams can use all their tiles in their grid, in other words everyone has one or more tiles not used in words in their grid, then each team takes 1 tile until one or more teams can use them up and then yell "go!" again.

Letters can be rearranged ONCE per round to allow all tiles to be used.

Other rules of Scrabble apply: No capitalized words (names, places, etc.) no abbreviations, and no foreign words.

1st Jun, 2006 - 5:05pm / Post ID: #

Scrabble

Yeah, that sounds like fun! It reminds me of the "speed " version of Rummikub that we like to play, except translated into scrabble! So, is the reason you are in teams so that one person can keep track of the score without disrupting the concentration of the other? Also, what do you mean when you say "letters can be rearranged" - do you mean on the board? How does that work? I definitely want to try this!

2nd Jun, 2006 - 2:55am / Post ID: #

Scrabble!

is the reason you are in teams so that one person can keep track of the score without disrupting the concentration of the other?

Actually, it's so that more people can play when you have a large group. Also, more people means more word choices from the same tiles - you may see the word "gash" while someone else sees the word "shag" while someone else sees "hags" in the same four tiles. Depending on how you use it, it can change your positioning of the tiles on the grid to give you more points. If you have only two or three people, one person per team is sufficient. The scoring is done at the end of the game, rather than after each round.

what do you mean when you say "letters can be rearranged" - do you mean on the board?
Yes, on the board. For instance, if you already have the word "gun" used in your grid, but you have an F in your draw pile and want to use the G in another word, you can exchange the F for the G and make the word "fun" while using the G in the other word. Or, as in the example above, you could change the word "shag" to the word "hags" to reposition the tiles to better accomodate new tiles drawn. But you can only do this ONCE per round!

It really is fun ~ we played this at the last singles activity and had a blast!

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 7th Sep, 2006 - 5:19am / Post ID: #

Scrabble!
A Friend

Scrabble! - Page 3

Scrabble is my favorite game of all time. My grandmother helped me build my vocabulary by playing with me for hours on end. I really miss playing that game with her. Now I play it on the computer, on Yahoo, where it is called Literati. I have a blast with it and have made several friends while playing. smile.gif

20th Sep, 2007 - 12:40pm / Post ID: #

Scrabble! Board Card & RPG Reviews - Page 3

This such a great way to learn new words! Sometimes I guess and it ends up being a word!

+  1 2 3 4 

> TOPIC: Scrabble!

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,