Axis & Allies - Page 2 of 3

I recently saw an image at how detailed the - Page 2 - Board, Card, RPG Reviews - Posted: 5th Dec, 2010 - 9:08pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

25th April 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Fighter
Fighter
Cleric
Cleric
Paladin
Paladin
Ranger
Ranger
Rogue
Rogue
Warlock
Warlock
Wizard
Wizard
Draconian
Draconian
Barbarian
Barbarian

+  1 2 3 
5th Nov, 2004 - 6:26pm / Post ID: #

Axis & Allies - Page 2

I would not call that a quirk, I will call that being realistic. A whole fleet of bombers could not bomb everything in sight and then land in the same place they just bombed, it is obvious they would need to return to 'friendly' territory where they can land without hinderance.

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 6th Nov, 2004 - 12:20am / Post ID: #

Axis & Allies
A Friend

Allies and Axis

QUOTE (JB@Trinidad @ 5-Nov 04, 5:16 AM)
I believe it is more difficult than risk. Each piece has an attack and defense rating with set positions in the beginning. Intellectual players and fans of war or WWII will love this game. Keep in mind it takes hours and hours to finish a game, it is not a quick fix for entertainment.

It definitely sounds like a game I would enjoy. I imagine, however, that learning the rules would be my biggest hurdle. Just how detailed are the rules? Are there "quick start' rules, or rules for abbreviated games? Most of the people I would play with would rather have the rules explained to them, but in order to be able to easily explain the rules I would need to play it, but I can't play it until I can explain the rules. Dizzying isn't it. Perhaps I should purchase the computer version in order to learn the rules. Do you think that would help? How is the AI on the game? I might have some luck if I played the computer version to get a good grasp of the gameplay so I could explain the game better.

Can anyone recommend a similar game that would fall somewhere between Risk and Axis & Allies?

O.

6th Nov, 2004 - 12:32am / Post ID: #

Axis & Allies Reviews RPG & Card Board

The computer version is very realistic, but that is another board (PC Games). The rules for the board game are flexible... you can make it as easy or as difficult as you want. It all depends on how close to the real thing you want to be. Yes, they supply a quick start page to get into it right away.

Post Date: 22nd Aug, 2005 - 2:39pm / Post ID: #

Axis & Allies
A Friend

Page 2 Allies and Axis

Axis and Allies is my favorite Board game to play. But in my Opinion, Russia is the hardest role to play. Since the Germans need to be aggressive to actually succeed in the game, Russia is always on the defensive no matter what. In games, that I occasionally play with my friends, I'm always Britain, who in my opinion has the easiest strategy. All I do is build up a navy, then blockade Germany from it's port in the mediterranean sea. then I usually leave it up to Russia to Blockade German from the north. Here a tip, you can blockade ports with as little as a transport!

22nd Aug, 2005 - 2:46pm / Post ID: #

Allies and Axis

That is a good concept of the game, however I believe if Germany makes a very quick blitz of the UK initially then the UK are out from the beginning. Japan can also take a lot of land quickly if they build up the continent.

Offtopic but,
I believe this was Hitler's mistake in the war too, he focused to much on an air campaign against the Brits..

19th Jan, 2009 - 8:48pm / Post ID: #

Axis & Allies

Far out we have some experts in Axis & Allies here! I like playing the Axis but if you really want to go for strategy then you have to play the Japenese specifically. Getting men on and off those islands ain't no easy task.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
11th Aug, 2009 - 1:45pm / Post ID: #

Axis & Allies - Page 2

Tried it a couple of times with a guy who is a WW2 fanatic. The concept is pretty good but the turns are pretty long. If you're playing with two people there is more to manage and with all five it can be a long wait. I think that is the main defect with the game all five countries have to be played.

5th Dec, 2010 - 9:08pm / Post ID: #

Axis & Allies Board Card & RPG Reviews - Page 2

I recently saw an image at how detailed the ships are painted now, is Axis & Allies in production again?

Axis & Allies
Axis & Allies (Hover)

+  1 2 3 

> TOPIC: Axis & Allies

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,