Images From Mars - Page 2 of 3

Read carefully, aslkann - this is what the - Page 2 - Sciences, Education, Art, Writing, UFO - Posted: 28th Jun, 2008 - 11:14pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 
Can Mars support life?
Post Date: 24th Feb, 2005 - 3:04pm / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

Images From Mars - Page 2

NEW ORGANISM RAISES MARS QUESTIONS

A U.S. scientist claims to have thawed out a new life form, which he said
raises questions about possible contemporary life on Mars.
https://www.cnn.com/2005/TECH/science/02/23...t/index.htmlRef.

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 7th Dec, 2006 - 4:57pm / Post ID: #

Mars Images

Water On Mars

After decades of scouring images of Mars for signs of water, scientists believe they have found stunning evidence that water may even now be flowing through the Red Planet's frigid surface.
Ref. https://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20061207/ap_on_sc/mars_water

Post Date: 8th Jan, 2007 - 11:00am / Post ID: #

Images From Mars UFO & Writing Art Education Sciences

SCIENTIST: NASA FOUND LIFE ON MARS - AND KILLED IT

Two NASA space probes that visited Mars 30 years ago may have found alien microbes on the Red Planet and inadvertently killed them, a scientist is theorizing.
Ref. https://www.cnn.com/2007/TECH/01/07/mars.life.ap/index.html

Post Date: 28th Jun, 2008 - 12:24pm / Post ID: #

Page 2 Mars Images

Martian soil 'could support life'

Martian soil appears to contain sufficient nutrients to support life - or, at least, asparagus - Nasa scientists believe.
Ref. https://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/sci/tech/7477310.stm

Post Date: 28th Jun, 2008 - 2:15pm / Post ID: #

Images From Mars
A Friend

Mars Images

It is interesting that we can possibly grow crops on mars. I wonder if that will turn the red planet green? I still believe to learn more about the planet we need to put a human on the surface. Getting a permanate colony on mars is the first step into reaching out into space.

Post Date: 28th Jun, 2008 - 6:36pm / Post ID: #

Images From Mars
A Friend

Images From Mars

It's not likely we can turn Mars green because it is so cold even on the "day" side of the planet. Ag as we know it would have to be done under cover of some sort. Terrariums? Biospheres?

For now, it seems that robotic missions make a lot more sense. No risk of life, cheaper to do, no life support on the planet. I, as you know, LOVE science and support space exploration to the max, but the balance of how to spend our resources, and how to gather knowledge, points to a lot more unmanned missions before spending a ton of money on high risk manned missions.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
28th Jun, 2008 - 10:56pm / Post ID: #

Images Mars - Page 2

I was reading an article on this that said the Mars Explorer is going to try and cultivate some plants, such as asparagus, that thrive in an alkaline environment. It will be interesting to see the outcome. However, I think we are long way off from supporting life on Mars.

Post Date: 28th Jun, 2008 - 11:14pm / Post ID: #

Images From Mars
A Friend

Images Mars Sciences Education Art Writing & UFO - Page 2

Read carefully, aslkann - this is what the scientist said:

"It is the type of soil you would probably have in your back yard - you know, alkaline. You might be able to grow asparagus in it really well."

Not that the lander is about to plant asparagus (which it likely didn't carry w/ it).

Rather off topic, but...
Why are planetary studies / discussion under UFOs? One is science and one is speculation sorely lacking evidence. I would think they should be separate topics or that the science would be the main one and the UFOs a secondary part of it.

+  1 2 3 

> TOPIC: Images From Mars

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,