Magic - Magick 101 - Page 2 of 5

i don't know about this whole magic - Page 2 - Studies of Dreams, Mystics, Paranormal - Posted: 18th Aug, 2004 - 5:08pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 4 5 
An illusion, a connection or a scam?
Post Date: 22nd Apr, 2004 - 5:53am / Post ID: #

Magic - Magick 101
A Friend

Magic - Magick 101 - Page 2

QUOTE (JB@Trinidad @ 21-Apr 04, 8:19 PM)
My question is... you do not indicate a particular deity, is it that any deity that the witch feels is correct is the one that you use to invoke for the spell? If that is correct then how many are there (deity) and how would a witch no if there magic is really from that particular deity?

To you first question the answer is, yes.

Most witches believe that there is one main deity (the Goddess/God), and all the lesser deities are just different aspects of the one. So if a witch calls on a lesser deity, that witch is centering on just what that deity has control over. Like if a witch calls on lets say Aphrodite for help with love. There are lots and lots of lesser deities way to many to count. And the deities that a witch calls on depends on the group of lesser deities that they feel closest to. Some like to stay with certain groups, like just the Greek Gods or the Norse Gods. Some witches like to call on the Gods from where their family is from. Some witches like me just call on the Goddess/God. The Goddess/God doesn't really have a name. Some call the deity God and some call the deity Goddess. And some like to call the deity Lady and Lord. I like to call her the Goddess. The magick is from the Goddess/God even if they call on a lesser deity.

By the way the Goddess/God is the same God that Christians worship. It's just that we have different ideas and rules about our God.

Thank you, SinDarkAngel. smile.gif I have been practicing for seven years.

Sponsored Links:
22nd Apr, 2004 - 10:26am / Post ID: #

Magick Magic

Your answer was informative, but I am curious as to why a witch would think that these 'common' gods and goddesses exist and at the same time all lead up to one God? You mentioned the Christian God, in this religion they claim only one God is possible based on the knowledge of the Bible, what do you base it on?

Post Date: 23rd Apr, 2004 - 3:01am / Post ID: #

Magic - Magick 101
A Friend

Magic - Magick 101 Paranormal & Mystics Dreams Studies

QUOTE (JB@Trinidad @ 22-Apr 04, 4:26 AM)
Your answer was informative, but I am curious as to why a witch would think that these 'common' gods and goddesses exist and at the same time all lead up to one God?

You mentioned the Christian God, in this religion they claim only one God is possible based on the knowledge of the Bible, what do you base it on?

In the old times it was easer to think of the lesser gods as separate beings. It all comes down to human emotion. They had a god for every thing, so they would know who to ask for what they wanted. Now a days we can concrete on what that god represents. Some may have an image of what they think that god looks like so they can concrete even more on what they desire. But the energy still from the the Goddess/God. The Goddess/God rules over all what the lesser gods represents. Our Goddess/God exists in every thing on the earth. That's why people call us nature worshipers.

I don't quite understand you last question. Could you reword it?

23rd Apr, 2004 - 4:19am / Post ID: #

Page 2 Magick Magic

By the way the Goddess/God is the same God that Christians worship.

I am talking about what you said above... I am saying that the Christian God which consits of Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ is believed to be the only existing Supreme beings according to Christian theology and the Bible. So based on this how is it possible to say that when you pray using any god/goddess it is the same God the Christians worship?

Post Date: 23rd Apr, 2004 - 5:04am / Post ID: #

Magic - Magick 101
A Friend

Magick Magic

Ok, same God it's just that we have different beliefs about the God. We have different ideas and rule about the same God. I know this is a little hard to understand. I really don't know how to explain it any better than that.

Post Date: 12th Aug, 2004 - 5:38am / Post ID: #

Magic - Magick 101
A Friend

Magic - Magick 101

Wow- another great thread! Again, a little more clarification where it comes to the practice of magick by Pagans.

Like mentioned in the Wicca thread, many Pagans (not just Wiccans) observe both the Rede ("An' it harm none, Do as thou wilt.") and the Threefold Law (Whatever one does in word, thought, or deed, be it good or evil, it shall be returned in kind times three.) Call it Pagan karma, for lack of a better term. Any serious practitioner of magick always works carefully to adhere to these principles. Even with the most altruistic intentions at heart, many instances of magick have unwittingly backfired on the performer and at times, innocent bystanders. The results have ranged from being merely an inconvenience to being downright devastating, and at times, even fatal. The practice of magick often comes with a hefty price.

Many Pagans adhere to the belief that magick is not to be practiced for personal advantage or gain, be it attracting money, love, etc. The one common exception, however, are protection spells, often referred to as "binding." This is not revenge based, and is non-violent/aggressive. No harm is directed toward the intended recipient.

Most dedicated Pagans who practice magick (not all do) are often glad to offer their gifts freely to others. This may include spells for healing, banishing (of malevolent forces/energies), protection/binding, luck, etc. Many dedicated Pagans who perform such services will sometimes decline offers of donations. A majority believe that those who outright charge for services are prostituting their sacred gifts and s/he will suffer karmic retribution.

Regardless, magick should only be practiced by serious, devoted students of the Craft. Motives should always be selfless and intent extremely clear.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 15th Aug, 2004 - 3:33am / Post ID: #

Magic - Magick 101
A Friend

Magic Magick 101 - Page 2

QUOTE (fugitive247 @ 11-Aug 04, 11:38 PM)
Many Pagans adhere to the belief that magick is not to be practiced for personal advantage or gain, be it attracting money, love, etc.

I have done spells for money before, but they have always been when I was in need of it. Never just to have money. I once did a spell for my hubby to get a good job he would like. When ever I do money spells they end up working better than I ever dreamed they would. So I do do money spells, but just when I am in great need for money.

Post Date: 18th Aug, 2004 - 5:08pm / Post ID: #

Magic - Magick 101
A Friend

Magic Magick 101 Studies Dreams Mystics & Paranormal - Page 2

i don't know about this whole magic stuff...i personally believe that there is no such think as magic, it's just an eye trick when it comes to magic shows.

as far as "spells" and "karma" go, i don't believe in them either. there's no such thing as something happening by 'chance' or 'luck' in my opinion. and for 'spells'...how can you prove that you get your "power" from God? how do you know it's not some demonic power?

(that's, in my opinion, where "magic" comes from)

+  1 2 3 4 5 

> TOPIC: Magic - Magick 101

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,