Play By Post D&D Beyond The Veil Game Thread - Page 4 of 7

Krusten approaches Valtherian... "I see - Page 4 - D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Posted: 28th Aug, 2011 - 6:47pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

29th April 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Cleric
Cleric
Barbarian
Barbarian
Fighter
Fighter
Draconian
Draconian
Wizard
Wizard
Paladin
Paladin
Warlock
Warlock
Ranger
Ranger
Rogue
Rogue

+  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 
Closed
Felthalas as Dungeon Master - Campaign Dungeons and Dragons
27th Aug, 2011 - 2:18pm / Post ID: #

Play By Post D&D Beyond The Veil Game Thread - Page 4

Krusten dines on a modest meal of venison, assorted cheeses, apples, and ale. Having satisfied her palate, she lays down to a restless sleep. Amidst the softness of the bed and the warmth of her coverings the only comfort she finds is in her nuzzled companion and its slow, rhythmic breathing.

As dawn approaches, Krusten wakes to the wet greeting of her companion's tongue against her face.

Readying her equipment and donning her disguise over her armor, she reaches for the wash basin, splashes some cold water on her face, and heads downstairs bidding her companion to follow.

At the top of the stairs, the inviting smells of pan-fried ham and cinnamon-spiced porridge causes her stomach to rumble.

Sitting before the hearth and noting the hungry stares of her dog, both she and her companion enjoy a hasty meal before meeting with the caravan.

Krusten finds her companions in the market square patiently awaiting her arrival and finds herself somewhat embarrassed at her apparent tardiness.

Heading towards the main gate, she and her four companions climb into a wagon and head out.

[Out of Character:] It will take your party 3 days to reach the outskirts of Bartertown. Here's what I'll need from you:

6 d20 rolls for your skills "look", "listen", and "spot". Please be sure to include any modifiers your character may have.

For instance when declaring your rolls, they should appear as follows: Look (+2 wis, +2 ranks) 20, 22, 18 <-- [these numbers should have the bonuses already included, meaning you and not I do the math.]

Also, be sure to note the new weapons on your character sheet along with their damage dice and any modifiers your character might have. Thank you.

Reconcile Edited: Felthalas on 27th Aug, 2011 - 2:33pm

Sponsored Links:
27th Aug, 2011 - 7:43pm / Post ID: #

Thread Game Veil The Dragons and Dungeons Post Play

Krusten hates long wagon trips, it makes her very moody but fortunately she has her dog at her side, he provides the distraction she needs in times like these. She also follows his cue since he can sense unwanted danger ahead with his keen natural abilities of hearing, sight and smell.

Listen: D20: 16, 1, 1, 18, 19, 16 (+2 -2 make it unchanged)
Spot: D20: 7, 10, 10, -1, 16, 0 (-2)

27th Aug, 2011 - 8:42pm / Post ID: #

Play By Post D&D Beyond The Veil Game Thread Archive Pathfinder / D&D

Several tedious hours pass without much stirring. As the suns set the caravan pulls off the road to a nearby copse of trees nearby a fresh water stream. As your companions set up camp, your dog begins to whimper and tucks its tail between its legs. Far ahead in the distance you notice several riders guiding their horses toward the caravan at full gallop.

At this point Krusten senses that others have noticed as well.

Duryn turns to the frightened tradesmen as says, "everybody remain calm. We knew the Theran slave patrols would be watching us the moment we left the city. Let's not give them any reason to poke their noses any further than need be."

After several moments, it appears evident that riders in question are not a Theran patrol. There are seven riders - 4 of them brandishing curved swords and 3 wielding crossbows.

Duryn yells over his shoulder "get the women and children in the wagons." To the rest of you he barks "form a perimeter around the camp."

As Duryn issues orders, you notice one of the tradesmen shed a heavy cloak. Something about this slender man is familiar. As the hood of his cloak falls away, you recognize the face of Valtherian.

The five of you dig in and prepare for the oncoming attack.

This is the beginning of combat.

You will need to roll a d20 to determine initiative for both you and your dog as well as 9 attack rolls (d20) adding in your base attack bonus and melee or ranged attack bonus depending on which weapon you're using. (Make sure you do this for your dog also.)

Also be sure to let me know whether your character is sneaking or flanking as this will apply a backstab damage multiplier (x5).

Also, I will need 9 damage rolls adding in Strength or Dex modifiers depending on which weapons you're using and your damage multiplier if your character is sneaking.

27th Aug, 2011 - 10:04pm / Post ID: #

Page 4 Thread Game Veil The Dragons and Dungeons Post Play

Krusten does not want to be up close with these guys so she pulls out her short bow and some arrows and starts shooting at any of the raiders closest. Krusten tells her dog to stay seeing as they are on horses he will not be of much use.

Krusten D20: (modifiers added): 21, 9, 4, 9, 20, 9, 10, 19, 9
Arrow damage: D6: 4, 6, 4, 2, 4, 4, 6, 6, 7

Rather off topic, but...
I used the modifier of dexterity +3 and no bonus for base attack. For damage I used the +1 for strength. I hope I did that right.

28th Aug, 2011 - 5:07pm / Post ID: #

Thread Game Veil The Dragons and Dungeons Post Play

Ilthana closes her eyes and begins a soft chant under her breath. A wave of energy passes through your party and suddenly Krusten feels strengthened, confident, and ready for the oncoming attack. Valtherian raises his hands and begins the tale tell chanting of an arcane spell.

As the riders near your party, they let loose a volley of crossbow bolts each of which miss as an eerie fog surrounds the camp. Krusten fires her bow into the charging riders scoring 3 hits but doing little to stop them.

As they advance to melee range, Vox savagely bludgeons the skull of one of the horsemen's mounts with the pommel of his greatsword causing it to sidestep clumsily with a momentum that tosses its stunned rider wildly forward. Taking advantage of the downed foe, Vox plunges his greatsword into the rider's chest instantly killing him.

Duryn tosses a pouch before two of the lead riders which releases a shower of thick tar ensnaring each of their mounts and halting their charge. As one of the horses lurches forward, he delivers a bone crushing shield bash that knocks the horse unconscious sending its rider helplessly into the ensnaring tar.

Valtherian lets loose another arcane spell. Fire bursts forth from his fingers into the two ensnared riders quickly engulfing each of them in thick sticky flames. The horrid stench of burning flesh and melted tar fills the camp.

Once again Vox meets the charge of another rider. Launching himself forward, he unseats its rider and thrusts a dagger deep into the rider's neck.

With skilled precision, Ilthana fires her crossbow into the oncoming charge and fells another rider with a bolt to the neck.

At the site of their fallen comrades and the smell of scorched flesh, the final two riders rear their horses and speed away in a hasty retreat. By the time your party can gather their senses, the two speed off well beyond their reach.

As the mist clears, Duryn inspects one of the felled riders. "Crystal Raiders," he says, "come down from the Twilight Peaks. We can expect more of them this night and in greater numbers. Take what you can but leave the bodies. We move now. "

Turning to Valtherian, Duryn says "I don't remember YOU being with the caravan. Where did you come from?"

Looking to you Valtherian states "I go where she goes." Duryn replies, "we appreciate the assistance. You may follow us if you wish, but know that we will be watching you. Any betrayal will be met with a quick death."

Rather off topic, but...
You are correct in using your DEX modifier for your attack rolls. Any RANGED damage rolls however require you to add your DEX modifier rather than your strength modifier. I have already taken the liberty of adjusting your damage rolls.

28th Aug, 2011 - 5:29pm / Post ID: #

Play By Post D&D Beyond The Veil Game Thread

Krusten ignores Valtherian's comment about her as though he were speaking about someone else. She searches the bodies to see what she can find of value.

After doing this she asks Duryn in a private moment what he can tell her of Valtherian.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
28th Aug, 2011 - 5:57pm / Post ID: #

Play Post D&D The Veil Game Thread - Page 4

Duryn turns to Krusten and says "your guess is as good as mine. Still he IS a skilled magician. Might not be a bad idea to have him around."

[Krusten can loot a light crossbow and 25 bolts as well as a scimitar.]

The caravan once again takes to the road and heads east another four hours. At near exhaustion, the caravan pauses and can go no further. A camp is hastily set in an overgrown grove of trees and the watch is set. The lack of a fire and the chill air sets Krusten's teeth chattering.

After some time, she is awaken and takes her turn keeping watch.

I will need listen and spot checks at this point.

Reconcile Edited: Felthalas on 28th Aug, 2011 - 5:58pm

28th Aug, 2011 - 6:47pm / Post ID: #

Play Post D&D The Veil Game Thread D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Page 4

Krusten approaches Valtherian... "I see you have invited yourself on this journey. What was the end of your dream?"

Spot: 18, 8, 3, 0, -1, 13

Listen: 1, 11, 3, 18, 13, 3

+  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 

> TOPIC: Play By Post D&D Beyond The Veil Game Thread

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,
This International Discussions custom Play By Post Pathfinder Role-playing Game uses trademarks and/or copyrights owned by Paizo Publishing, LLC under permission. More details can be found in the first Post of any Pathfinder RPG. Wizards of the Coast are he trademark owners for D&D and likewise allow the use of their system under permission.