Play By Post D&D Beyond The Veil Game Thread - Page 2 of 7

Krusten carefully reads the words taking extra - Page 2 - D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Posted: 26th Aug, 2011 - 11:47pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

27th April 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Wizard
Wizard
Ranger
Ranger
Cleric
Cleric
Barbarian
Barbarian
Draconian
Draconian
Rogue
Rogue
Fighter
Fighter
Warlock
Warlock
Paladin
Paladin

+  1 2 3 4 5 6  ...Latest (7) »
Closed
Felthalas as Dungeon Master - Campaign Dungeons and Dragons
26th Aug, 2011 - 1:24pm / Post ID: #

Play By Post D&D Beyond The Veil Game Thread - Page 2

With an almost preternatural awareness the robed figure notices Krusten's hand reach for her dagger. However, before she can ready it he calmly states "please my friend there is no need for such apprehension. I merely wish to speak with you. Come have a seat and let us speak plainly."

Sponsored Links:
26th Aug, 2011 - 2:30pm / Post ID: #

Thread Game Veil The Dragons and Dungeons Post Play

Krusten says nothing being not one for many words and even if she could they probably will not be graceful so she simply says, "Talk then..." with a look of mistrust but then again she is generally that way with everyone given her neutral position on certain things.

26th Aug, 2011 - 2:55pm / Post ID: #

Play By Post D&D Beyond The Veil Game Thread Archive Pathfinder / D&D

As Krusten approaches the robed figure she notices from his fine features and slender physique that he is an elf. Taking a seat across from him she instantly feels less threatened. The robed elf pulls back his hood and a rather handsome yet frail elf with fair skin, silver hair, and austere eyes that mask a sea of wisdom stair out at you.

"I know this may seem a bit confusing, but it was because of you that I arrived here. In a vision I saw a beautiful woman bearing an ancient artifact - one that bears the fate of all Barsaive. In the vision I was told that I would meet this woman in the walled city of Palainth. She would travel alone and her only companion would be the dog at her side. When I saw the both of you enter, I new this had to be you.

Forgive me for not introducing myself earlier. I am Valtherian Cynefriel, mage and scribe of the host tower of Darranis.

If you would permit me, I would like to present my services to you as an ally in your cause."

26th Aug, 2011 - 5:05pm / Post ID: #

Page 2 Thread Game Veil The Dragons and Dungeons Post Play

Krusten puts a confused face while muttering "....fate of all Barsaive?" she then with an expressionless face says, "Continue then..."

Rather off topic, but...
I don't know if Krusten is really beautiful her charisma is pretty low (11) wink.gif. Maybe he was dreaming about someone else and thought it was Krusten.

26th Aug, 2011 - 5:50pm / Post ID: #

Thread Game Veil The Dragons and Dungeons Post Play

Valtherian replies "It is clear to me that our fates are entwined. Allow me to travel with you. I can serve as both an adviser and skilled magician."

In the midst of your conversation the house steward appears before you and declares "Lord Benton will see you now."

You are ushered into a private room. All manner of ornate weaponry hangs from the walls, some appearing to be of ancient manufacture. There is a table and several chairs positioned next to a glowing hearth around which are seated a stout dwarf clad from head to foot in plate armor, a tall half-orc covered in furs with an enormous two-handed sward strapped to his back, a strikingly beautiful half-elven woman clad in chainmail, and tall human wearing intricate plate armor bearing the image of a pheonix.

Upon your entrance, the tall human rises and bids you greeting saying "Greetings friend. I am Lord Benton. My steward Joffry tells me you are interested in signing on with our militia. Is this correct?"

Rather off topic, but...
Charisma doesn't necessarily determine whether or not your character is "good-looking" per se. Rather it relates to how your character relates to others. For instance, Krusten's standoffish nature makes her less approachable than characters with a higher charisma modifier.

A good way to picture this idea is to consider Conan the Barbarian. Physically, he is very attractive to the opposite sex but his gruff, uncouth nature most often turns others off. Therefore, exercising my rights as a DM, I say that Krusten is beautiful but has a standoffish nature that intimidates others.

Reconcile Edited: Felthalas on 26th Aug, 2011 - 5:53pm

26th Aug, 2011 - 7:08pm / Post ID: #

Play By Post D&D Beyond The Veil Game Thread

Krusten bows humbly, "Yes I am, I am Krusten at your service".

Rather off topic, but...
I thought that was related to comeliness and then it was merged back into charisma in 3.5? Not arguing with you I am happy for my character to be beautiful. I am very ignorant of all the rules my first exposure was AD&D 2.5 I think it was so I don't know what the rules are now some things are very different.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
26th Aug, 2011 - 7:50pm / Post ID: #

Play Post D&D The Veil Game Thread - Page 2

Lord Benton replies "well met Krusten." Passing you a rolled parchment, he replies "please look this over and sign."

Krusten opens the document and reads the following:

You have chosen to become a non-uniformed member of The Keep's Militia. With this title comes several responsibilities which include but are not limited to the following:

- Defend the citizens of Morcia's Keep.

- Defend the roadways and shipping lanes of the Iopian Highway and ensure the safe transfer of trade goods along its course.

- Defend all travelers between Jerris and Iopus.

- If necessary provide aid to The Keep's allies in the invent of invasion.

With these responsibilities come several benefits as well, among which include free lodging within the militia headquarters, access to the militia armory, a discount on all trade goods within Morcia's Keep, and a monthly wage of 30 silver pieces.

That being said, the city of Morcia's Keep takes great pride in being the foremost trade capital in Barsaive. By signing this document you agree to abide within the law of The Keep, defend its interests in all matters dictated, and represent the discipline and forthrightness of its peoples.

x ____________________________________

Rather off topic, but...
Even if you were to look at the AD&D rules set, it states that charisma is NOT NECESSARILY attractiveness. Rather it is how your character is perceived by the world in general. Does that help to clear things up?

Reconcile Edited: Felthalas on 26th Aug, 2011 - 8:08pm

26th Aug, 2011 - 11:47pm / Post ID: #

Play Post D&D The Veil Game Thread D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Page 2

Krusten carefully reads the words taking extra time to digest them. When she is satisfied she understands her hand writes an obscure signature. She then says, "What is my next step sir?".

+  1 2 3 4 5 6  ...Latest (7) »

> TOPIC: Play By Post D&D Beyond The Veil Game Thread

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,
This International Discussions custom Play By Post Pathfinder Role-playing Game uses trademarks and/or copyrights owned by Paizo Publishing, LLC under permission. More details can be found in the first Post of any Pathfinder RPG. Wizards of the Coast are he trademark owners for D&D and likewise allow the use of their system under permission.