Anti-American? - Page 5 of 6

Then make it a suggestion if it is for security - Page 5 - Politics, Business, Civil, History - Posted: 18th May, 2004 - 10:33pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 4 5 6 
AntiAmerican
The difference between stating your view and being an Anti-American
7th May, 2004 - 5:40pm / Post ID: #

Anti-American? - Page 5

Therefore, most people, who only hear the news from the media side of it, have a very different view of the US than those who either:
a) disbelieve anything the media has to say
cool.gif use other sources to get information
c) have such a strong opinion on things that they won't be spun
d) are completely apathetic.

I worked in Media for more than 10 years, I'm very familiar with the Media mindset about what is news and what it sells. I do hear the news but I don't believe in everything they try to 'sell' me (specially CNN). But you have to admit that lately the US government have got into serious situations that cannot be ignored by the rest of the world, regardless to what the Media has to say about it.

VERY interesting article Nighthawk, I actually agree with a lot of things the writer said. Yes, there is no longer an official voice for the US and like the writer said, the pictures are just the begining. I do think Pres. Bush should be more aware of what's going on, I know he is the President and the guy cannot be in everything but he is the Commander in Chief and if this situation is as serious as he mentioned it is ( I could see a lot of stress while speaking) then instead of just apologizing he well could get rid of the responsible in the White House, if the reports are true and Rumsfeld knew about this before and did not do anything, then he should resign or ask to be resign.
undecided.gif At least by this attitude, he may gain a little bit more credibility....even though, right now, it is impossible to think about it.

International Level: International Guru / Political Participation: 1089 ActivistPoliticianInternational Guru 100%

Sponsored Links:
7th May, 2004 - 9:11pm / Post ID: #

Anti-American

Rumsfeld knew about it before CBS published, but then the Pentagon (his agency) was already in the process of investigating and taking action as far back as January.

The only thing Rumsfeld MAY have been wrong in is not informing the President beforehand. But then, Rumsfeld may not have known beforehand, either. After all, someone lower down involved in the investigation may have decided not to move it up the chain of command until the investigation was more complete, or may not have recognized the political implications.

International Level: International Guru / Political Participation: 854 ActivistPoliticianInternational Guru 85.4%

7th May, 2004 - 10:54pm / Post ID: #

Anti-American? History & Civil Business Politics

I believe Rumsfeld did know, because all of the news reports say the President took him to task quite severly for not informing him (the President) of how serious the problem was. If Rumsfeld didn't know the full extent of it, I believe the reports would have said that, and the President would be taking to task whomever it is that should have told Rumsfeld and didn't.

International Level: Diplomat / Political Participation: 320 ActivistPoliticianDiplomat 32%

17th May, 2004 - 12:04pm / Post ID: #

Page 5 Anti-American

In Central Asia, an American Professor Finds Hostility Spiked With Cynicism

Here is an excellent article by a woman who was in Central Asia at the time of 9/11, and about a year afterwards. She reports a whole range of anti-American sentiments, and how she dealt with them.

A very interesting read.

International Level: International Guru / Political Participation: 854 ActivistPoliticianInternational Guru 85.4%

18th May, 2004 - 2:52pm / Post ID: #

Anti-American

Ah, can't you just feel the LOVE?

Americans are so well loved, that now the whole WORLD wants us to hold a double standard - again.

This time, the USOC (US Olympic Committee) has ordered US athetes going to Athens not to wave US flags at all.

It's ok if Canadian athletes grab a flag and wave it, or Russian, or French, just not American.

Read this blog entry for a great take on it. There are lots of "expletive deleted" markers throughout the entry, but no expletives in it.

18th May, 2004 - 3:00pm / Post ID: #

Anti-American?

Well if this is true, something is seriously wrong. How can you allow members of one country to wave their flag and not members of another? I need to hear this from a credible new source before I will believe it is true though.

Are they not going to raise the US flag during the medal ceremonies when one of our people wins a medal. Are they not going to play our National Anthem when we win a gold medal?

This is definately an example of anti-Americanism and I certainly hope we don't allow it to remain in place. If you are going to prevent US flags you must prevent all flags.

International Level: Diplomat / Political Participation: 320 ActivistPoliticianDiplomat 32%

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
18th May, 2004 - 9:54pm / Post ID: #

Anti-American - Page 5

This time, the USOC (US Olympic Committee) has ordered US athetes going to Athens not to wave US flags at all.

I don't know the reasons behind this but isn't possible that maybe is for security reasons?.

International Level: International Guru / Political Participation: 1089 ActivistPoliticianInternational Guru 100%

18th May, 2004 - 10:33pm / Post ID: #

Anti-American Politics Business Civil & History - Page 5

Then make it a suggestion if it is for security reasons. If for security reasons then why not also prohibit Israeli flags? We know they are at risk too. The information in the BLOG says it is so we (the people from the US with flags) don't offend the spectators. That doesn't sound like security reasons to me. Also, don't forget, everyone will already know what country each participant is from so how can it be for security?

I don't care what the reasons/excuses. Any such decision must be unilateral. If one country is forbidden a certain action at the Olympics then they all must be.

+  1 2 3 4 5 6 

> TOPIC: Anti-American?

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,