Peeper Or Poster? - Page 2 of 3

That's too bad about people not feeling - Page 2 - Community News, FAQ, Feedback - Posted: 11th Apr, 2017 - 5:53pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 

?
Poll: Are you a peeper or a poster?
  Peeper       10.00%
  Poster       40.00%
  A bit of both       50.00%
Total Votes: 30
Guests Cannot Vote - Join To Add Your Vote! 
16th Dec, 2004 - 2:56am / Post ID: #

Peeper Or Poster? - Page 2

I feel that it's more respectful to peep and not post unless I actually have a valid point to add to the discussion. Trying to fake an intelligent perspective is an affront to those who are active and interested in that topic. If I agree with someone, but cannot improve upon his or her statements, it's pointless to post.

Sponsored Links:
31st Dec, 2004 - 4:59pm / Post ID: #

Poster Peeper

Those are good points above and I wish some would consider that before they post.

17th Apr, 2007 - 12:16am / Post ID: #

Peeper Or Poster? Feedback & FAQ News Community

I am both. Some peeping is a necessary element of intelligent posting. If I post, I try to think of something new and original to add to the discussion. If I feel strongly about something, I'll post even if what I say is not necessarily original. I think of a new way to phrase my opinion, or to bring new insight into a discussion. This isn't always easy so sometimes my intent is to post in a topic when I open it, but will end up just peeping because I can think of nothing new to add.

You can't really get true results with this poll, though- there are much more peepers than posters, only those won't actually take the time to answer the poll.
This is true! Peepers won't post to the Peeper or Poster poll.

17th Apr, 2007 - 3:29am / Post ID: #

Page 2 Poster Peeper

I agree with you Farseer. It all depends on my mood. There are moments when I just want to peep and read all the fascinating topics on this forum and just learn from what I am reading. Then sometimes, I would log on with the intention of searching for a topic that I feel comfortable with and if I have anything to add to it, then I will post. Unfortunately, I have noticed that there are more peepers than posters on this forum. I try to encourage people to post by creating easy and simple topics that may evoke a response but so far, I haven't seen any promising results from my strategy.

17th Apr, 2007 - 10:53am / Post ID: #

Poster Peeper

There are always more Peepers than Posters in any Community - that is a fact. It happens more here because you cannot reply with just a smilie or whimsicle statement that is so common on the net. In other words you have to give serious thought to what you are going to say because it will be challenged.

The other thing that must be understood is that we have over 200 Boards here with varying Topics of interests. On average about 100-150 Constructive Posts are made per day (that is a lot of reading), but not everyone reads them or can read them because of the Membership Status.

This Community gets almost 2,000 unique visits PER DAY, around 20 people joining per week who think they can cope with the rigors here, but they cannot - so they end up Peeping. Our main interest here is quality rather than quantity - and it is VERY HARD to find quality online, hence we are were we are at.

Rather off topic, but...
There are many things being set in motion that I cannot talk about now that will cause a lot MORE quality traffic here. You may recognize them as they come.

15th Aug, 2007 - 4:29pm / Post ID: #

Peeper Or Poster?

I am definitly both as I enjoy the back and forth of discussion. I enjoy seeing the views of people who disagree with me, even when I can't understand where they are coming from.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
11th Apr, 2017 - 5:48pm / Post ID: #

Peeper Poster - Page 2

Most User will login because they want to Post but we do have a lot of Peepers. They love to read our content and even comment to me about it off site but are shy about their own writing skills or ability to participate.

Post Date: 11th Apr, 2017 - 5:53pm / Post ID: #

Peeper Or Poster?
A Friend

Peeper Poster Community News FAQ & Feedback - Page 2

That's too bad about people not feeling qualified or like they write good enough to post. I think we all have our strengths and weaknesses and none of us would criticize anyone for the writing style. And in writing, they may improve their writing.

+  1 2 3 

> TOPIC: Peeper Or Poster?

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,