Malexander Introduction - Page 6 of 41

QUOTE Honestly I havent played the game since - Page 6 - Introductions, Member Sharing - Posted: 10th Jul, 2004 - 5:52pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  « First of 41 pgs.  2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10  ...Latest (41) »
Keeping In Touch With Trinbago Roots. Programmer. Voted Moderator of the Year 2004.
Post Date: 2nd Jul, 2004 - 4:32am / Post ID: #

Malexander Introduction
A Friend

Malexander Introduction - Page 6

Woo Hoo, Malexander ~ you got a double header this month! Best Avatar and Most Charismatic! Congratulations. thumb.gif

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 9th Jul, 2004 - 11:31pm / Post ID: #

Me
Diamond + Author
[?] CPosts: 3,526
Flag Posts: 4,033
Avg: 0.5 Post(s) / Day
Activity: 13.9%
[+] Gain: 200.00 FP
Charm: 226

Introduction Malexander

If you do end up going to England, what part of the country would you be visiting? I might be able to point you towards some good places to visit.

Blog Read My Blog
Contribution: Diamond Emeritus | Credit: | Gender: Male | Politics: Libertarian
Tenet: LDS (Mormon) | Reason: Ruler of Kings II Text RPG | Age: Sixty Something | Joined: Reg. 24th Aug, 2003 - 12:23pm
Signature:
Post Date: 10th Jul, 2004 - 2:05am / Post ID: #

Member + Agent Zapper
[?] CPosts: 3,709
Flag Posts: 4,419
Avg: 0.6 Post(s) / Day
Activity: 15.7%
[+] Gain: 224.48 FP
Charm: 150

Malexander Introduction Sharing Member & Introductions

Thanks for offering to point out some areas of interest Nighthawk! I would be traveling to Hursley if I did go. I am a big cricket and football (soccer) fan so I would be trying to catch some matches and games while there. Any other info you can provide would be great. Thanks again!

Contribution: | Credit: | Gender: Male | Politics: Conservative
Tenet: Christian (secular) | Reason: Ruler of Kings II Text RPG | Age: Forty Something | Joined: Reg. 30th Apr, 2004 - 8:51pm
Signature: Sooner or later the things you own end up owning you.
Post Date: 10th Jul, 2004 - 10:34am / Post ID: #

Admin + Architect
[?] CPosts: 38,030
Flag Posts: 51,687
Avg: 6.5 Post(s) / Day
Activity: 100%
[+] Gain: 4,588.73 FP
Charm: 394

Page 6 Introduction Malexander

Malexander, I just found this post: here . You may want to check it out laugh.gif

Blog Read My Blog
Contribution: Hard Work | Credit: | Gender: Male | Politics: Libertarian
Tenet: Reperire Veritatem | Reason: Discuss Global Issues | Age: Fifty Something | Joined: Reg. 3rd Sep, 2002 - 1:01pm
Signature: Donate Please Support Our Efforts!
Post Date: 10th Jul, 2004 - 1:18pm / Post ID: #

Member + Agent Zapper

Introduction Malexander

Yeah, I saw that and was too shocked to respond at the time! I think we need to straighten out the Argentine when it comes to cricket playing. Honestly I havent played the game since I did it to win the last contest I won.

Tenet: Christian (secular) | Reason: Ruler of Kings II Text RPG | Age: Forty Something | Joined: Reg. 30th Apr, 2004 - 8:51pm
Post Date: 10th Jul, 2004 - 4:30pm / Post ID: #

Me
Diamond + Author
[?] CPosts: 3,526
Flag Posts: 4,033
Avg: 0.5 Post(s) / Day
Activity: 13.9%
[+] Gain: 200.00 FP
Charm: 226

Malexander Introduction

I had to look up Hursley, as I didn't know where it was. (SW part of England)

OK, if you have a weekend, make sure to visit around Oxford. Especially go to Stratford-Upon-Avon, and visit Warwick Castle. I was never able to take the tour, as it was too expensive (I was an E-3 in the AF, and recently married). But the lands around it are incredible.

Another great place is Cardiff. Beautiful city, wonderful castle, and has a 12th century Norman Keep in the middle of the castle grounds. Just a few miles north is Caerphilly, which has another marvelous castle.

I strongly suggest that you visit Cambridge and the surrounding area. Especially Ely Cathedral (about 10 miles from Cambridge). I love Cambridge. The Kings College Chapel has some of the most exquisite stained glass windows in the world (possibly the most in any single structure). You need to go "punting" on the Cam. Especially if your family is able to go with you.

I never really liked London. It's basically just another big city. There are a lot of nice things to see (St. Paul's Cathedral, etc), but it is so hard to get to any of them.

If you get a chance to go to North Wales, you won't regret it. Again, lots of castles, along with beautiful coastlines, quaint villages.

Drive (if you can) through the countryside, look at the small towns and villages.

Whatever you do, get out of the hotel, even if it is only for a walk.

And make SURE you buy some samosas at the local Waitrose. They are a nice, spicy Indian pastry. I loved lamb samosas the most. And try the local cheeses and cold cuts. And if you can still find them, try the Mars ice cream bars. You will also notice that orange Fanta tastes FAR better in England than what we buy in the US.

Well, I envy you and hope that you have a great time.

Blog Read My Blog
Contribution: Diamond Emeritus | Credit: | Gender: Male | Politics: Libertarian
Tenet: LDS (Mormon) | Reason: Ruler of Kings II Text RPG | Age: Sixty Something | Joined: Reg. 24th Aug, 2003 - 12:23pm
Signature:
Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 10th Jul, 2004 - 4:45pm / Post ID: #

Member + Agent Zapper

Malexander Introduction - Page 6

Thanks for all the suggestions Nighthawk! I really appreciate it. As I said in my blog, the trip is still up in the air, but I really do hope I get the opportunity to go. And if I do, I will keep what you said in mind. Thanks again!

Post Date: 10th Jul, 2004 - 5:52pm / Post ID: #

Dia. Mod + Chief Mod
[?] CPosts: 17,375
Flag Posts: 21,317
Avg: 2.7 Post(s) / Day
Activity: 70.1%
[+] Gain: 1,240.35 FP
Charm: 342

Malexander Introduction Introductions & Member Sharing - Page 6

Honestly I havent played the game since I did it to win the last contest I won.

Yeah, yeah, yeah rolleyes.gif that's your best excuse? ;D laugh.gif

Blog Read My Blog
Contribution: Diamond Emeritus | Credit: | Gender: Female | Politics: Humanitarian
Tenet: -- | Reason: Discuss Global Issues | Age: Forty Something | Joined: Reg. 8th Sep, 2002 - 5:01pm
Signature: Don't make someone your priority when you're only their option

> TOPIC: Malexander Introduction

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,