Iraqi Prisoner Abuse? - Page 4 of 15

But you are forgetting a few very important - Page 4 - Politics, Business, Civil, History - Posted: 10th May, 2004 - 12:53am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8  ...Latest (15) »
Iraq Prison Torture
8th May, 2004 - 10:19am / Post ID: #

Iraqi Prisoner Abuse? - Page 4

No way can the Coalition continue. An international force must now take the lead

The problem with that is that any International force would still be made up of a majority of US soldiers. We have the largest military, the most money, and I think also our politicians seem the most willing to risk lives and spend money. Although putting in a force that you now call International or UN led, might appease a lot of the world such as most European nations and perhaps Canada, I doubt it changes a thing in the minds of most Muslims. They would still see it as a US led force.

I think we need to continue to move toward a June 30 turnover date, and I don't see anything that we can really do that will make this right in the eyes of the Muslim world. In fact, I don't blame them for their outrage. I am outraged/

International Level: Diplomat / Political Participation: 320 ActivistPoliticianDiplomat 32%

8th May, 2004 - 2:30pm / Post ID: #

Abuse Prisoner Iraqi

And - International forces under the control of the UN have such a wonderful record (Rwanda, Kosovo, Korea, Somalia, etc, etc, etc).

Thank you all for showing just how strong the double standards are. All those who buy the leftist spin just show me how degenerate this world has become.

International Level: International Guru / Political Participation: 854 ActivistPoliticianInternational Guru 85.4%

Post Date: 8th May, 2004 - 2:35pm / Post ID: #

Iraqi Prisoner Abuse? History & Civil Business Politics

Keep in mind that this thread is about the Iraqi prisoner abuse. There is a thread already for the actual war / sanctions / policies within Iraq located Here.

8th May, 2004 - 3:02pm / Post ID: #

Page 4 Abuse Prisoner Iraqi

Credibility concerning the US won't be lost due to the actual fact of the abuse, but by the sniveling, craven crocodile tears being demanded by the Islamofascist sympathizers around the world. The problem is that Rumsfeld, Bush, and many others are submitting to these demands, thus encouraging the enemy of all civilization in their attempts to control the media and propaganda.

Horrible as this was, it STILL doesn't approach exactly what we are fighting. The difference is on at least 2 orders of magnitude in quantity, quality, effect, and humanity (lack of).

Even if, as is highly unlikely, there is found to be a systemic problem that contributed to this, WE WILL DEAL WITH IT! It won't be swept under the rug. It won't be ignored. Guilty parties will be punished.

If that doesn't improve the "credibility" gap, then nothing will. If the US turns away and turns it over to the 'UN' (who ran away at the first hint of danger, remember), then the US confirms to all that we are weak, scared, and impotent.

I know that this is exactly what the European mindset wants to be the effects of this scandal (since the Leftist Americans in the Democratic Underground and other anti-American Americans have shown this extensively). And, with the current crop of abject apologies going on, it might still happen.

But that would be the absolute worst thing that could happen for Western Civilization. Europe is already under attack. Australia has been attacked. Canada will be. Unless we stay the course and recognize that we need to finish through on this and deal with issues such as rogue MPs, stupid children acting as soldiers, and incompetent officers, then the war against terror really is lost, and civilization faces some serious problems for the next century or so, as Islamofascism will spread throughout Europe and into North America, eventually into South America and Asia.

All because the US allows the Left to blow it out of proportion.

Just my opinion.

International Level: International Guru / Political Participation: 854 ActivistPoliticianInternational Guru 85.4%

8th May, 2004 - 5:21pm / Post ID: #

Abuse Prisoner Iraqi

Tena, thanks for quoting the latest statement of Rumsfeld, I was shockec when I read it and very disturbed.

having sex with a female Iraqi female prisoner

Having sex or raping her?.

I heard also that there is a videotape or picture showing two US soldiers having sex and forcing the prisoners to watch. WHat the heck is wrong with this people?. If Rumsfeld himself said that there are even more worst material to show than the ones we already saw, then something quickly must be done about it. I'm extremely upset about it, but not because of the facts itself because we know things like this happen all the time in war scenarious but because of how hard the US have tried to defend their position and the reason they are in Iraq, after all this scandal, nobody wants to hear anything else that may come from Pres. Bush mouth although I personally feel he didn't know about it but Rumsfeld knew and I think Pres. Bush should ask him to resign because it is obvious that the guy has no control whatsoever with this situation and knowing about it, he ignored it.
I remember when the Afgghanistan situation started Pres. Bush said he hoped the enemy would treat fairly the US prisoners because the US treats very well the prisoners from the enemy. Now he cannot say that anymore. undecided.gif

International Level: International Guru / Political Participation: 1089 ActivistPoliticianInternational Guru 100%

Post Date: 8th May, 2004 - 8:53pm / Post ID: #

Iraqi Prisoner Abuse?
A Friend

Iraqi Prisoner Abuse?

It's sad to say, but the torture of Iraqi prisoners will be the only thing people will remember about the Americans in Iraq.

9th May, 2004 - 7:58pm / Post ID: #

Iraqi Prisoner Abuse - Page 4

Joe Lieberman, the US Senator who was Al Gore's running mate, and who sought the Democratic nomination, had some very good words about this situation.

"The behavior by Americans at the prison in Iraq is, as we all acknowledge, immoral, intolerable and un-American ... I cannot help but say, however, that those responsible for killing 3,000 Americans on Sept. 11, 2001, never apologized. Those who have killed hundreds of Americans in uniform in Iraq, working to liberate Iraq and protect our security, have never apologized. And those who murdered and burned and humiliated four Americans in Fallujah a while ago never (apologized)....

That's worth remembering as we scourge ourselves. Meanwhile, let's also remember the rest of Lieberman's wisdom: "I hope as we go about this investigation we do it in a way that does not dishonor the hundreds of thousands of Americans in uniform who are a lot more like Pat Tillman and Americans that are not known, like Army National Guard Sgt. Felix Delgreco, of Simsbury, Conn., who was killed in action a few weeks ago, that we not dishonor their service or discredit the cause that brought us to send them to Iraq, because it remains one that is just and necessary."

This came from the New York Daily News.

Please keep these words in mind as you make your condemnations.

Post Date: 10th May, 2004 - 12:53am / Post ID: #

Iraqi Prisoner Abuse?
A Friend

Iraqi Prisoner Abuse Politics Business Civil & History - Page 4

But you are forgetting a few very important facts

Iraq belongs to the Iraqi people
Iraq's oil belongs to the Iraqi people
The Americans were not invited into Iraq they invaded Iraq
No Iraqis participated in 9/11
No reason to invade Iraq
Halliburton is the big winner in this war
American soldiers are the invaders therefore the enemy of the Iraqi people

and so on....

+  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8  ...Latest (15) »
Thank you for your continued support of our Community.

> TOPIC: Iraqi Prisoner Abuse?

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,