Post War Iraq - Page 14 of 171

Hopefully they won't be as trigger happy as - Page 14 - Politics, Business, Civil, History - Posted: 1st Jun, 2003 - 3:58am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  « First of 171 pgs.  10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18  ...Latest (171) »

?
Poll: What are your strongest feelings about the war in Iraq?
  Bush did and is doing the right thing       27.12%
  It started well, but seems to be ending bad       13.56%
  I am totally neutral about the topic       3.39%
  Saddam needed to be removed, but not in this way       16.95%
  I think that the US should have never invaded       25.42%
  The war is wrong in all aspects       13.56%
Total Votes: 59
Guests Cannot Vote - Join To Add Your Vote! 

versus U.S.A. So, now that the USA left Iraq can the country rebuild herself and become stable?
Post War Iraq Related Information to Post War Iraq
Post Date: 29th May, 2003 - 12:05pm / Post ID: #

Post War Iraq
A Friend

Post War Iraq - Page 14

"And if he did, what does that make the US look like? "

Well let me put this way, he said he got rid of scuds, he lied, he said he said he got rid of other missles that he was not suppose to have, he lied, when he was found out he said he must have missed those and they were just a few mis placed weapons that he forgot about, later we found out that he lied about that to.  It is not really a matter of if he did, because quite frankly he did not.  

"Thank goodness Stranger left, can't deal with two of these at the same time."

That is really mature.

" The second thing, most of the reviews here come from ABC, CSMonitor, Deseret News, and CNN, both of which are US based, are they Anti-American because they ask questions, because they see the US as the bully in this case?"

ABC and CNN are particularly anti Bush and in some cases anti American.  You should get your hands on the information from the FOX News Channel, far much better than ABC and CNN.  I'm going to link you over to

https://www.foxnews.com/

The American people tend to view CNN as anti American and too liberal.  As for coverage of the war in Iraq the American people voted and felt that Fox was far more objective in their coverage.  I'll tell you why I don't like ABC and CNN for starters, especially when it comes to the war on Iraq and that is because from the get go they have been calling it a failure.  After a week into the war CNN and ABC were complaining that we had not already taken Bagdad.  

Also a link to Rush Limbaugh's website:

https://www.rushlimbaugh.com/home/today.guest.html

And another link will take you to another one of my favorite radio talk shows:

https://marktalk.com/

I would just take the point off topic again to say that if there are only two pro Bush people on this forum, there is something wrong with your advertising.  70% of American's are pro Bush.  

Sponsored Links:
29th May, 2003 - 12:17pm / Post ID: #

Iraq War Post

I really don't like the anti american attitude here to be honest with you.

Why in the world Americans tend to think that when someone doesn't agree with them then they're anti-americans? :smile.gif *shaking head* Freedom of speech is what you all are always proud of!...then, just stay quiet and leave the people express their views.

With regard to the search for WMD, the United States has not given up the search and we are very well aware of the fact that we have to present this information to the international community.  Now what I am going to ask, I ask in all honesty that you strip yourselves of this attitude that America is a big bad bully and you think about this for one second before responding.

1)  DO you honestly believe that Saddam did not have WMD?
2)  Being the fact that in the past he did have chemical and biological weapons, the question goes, who do you think is telling the truth, Saddam who said they got rid of the chemical and biological weapons or the United States who says Saddam never had credibility to begin with?

I replied to this in another thread. I DO believe Saddam had and has weapons of mass destruction, I don't have doubts in my mind about it. BUT I do know also that a country CANNOT launch an attack against other just for an ASSUMPTION but they MUST provide with evidence, and so far, o evidences had been presented, therefore, it was ONLY BY ASSUMPTION that the USA attack Iraq and not based on solid evidence. Huge mistake.

sometimes journalist think they know everything.

I'm a journalist. Journalist work with sources and EVIDENCE. The USA have not found credible information about the weapons of mass destruction then the journalists will say 'Iraq don't have weapons of mass destruction'. That's a simple fact. That's how the media business work.

You are either with us or with the terrorist.  Sorry, but there is no neutral ground on an issue of international terrorism, just as there is no neutral point between good and evil.

Exactly like Fireduck said before 'you're with us or against us'. That's ridiculous!. No neutral point between good and evil? and who are the 'good boys' the USA? :smile.gif oh geezzz, you need to read more about the history of your own country, if not I will have to remind you the dark years of Vietnman War, Hiroshima and Nagasaki bombs, etc.
I understand your passion and love for your country. I admire that but let's not reach the point where you are blindfolded and cannot see the whole picture. Like any other country, USA have done great things and terrible things too. Now, do you accept that? because I have the impression that you think the USA are the good and whoever do not agree with it is evil. *shaking head* if so, there is a deep analysis you need to make about certain facts in history.

International Level: International Guru / Political Participation: 1089 ActivistPoliticianInternational Guru 100%

29th May, 2003 - 12:18pm / Post ID: #

Post War Iraq History & Civil Business Politics

That is really mature.

Picking words is not mature either... and even a definition of what one considers as mature is relative so don't even go there on this thread. There is another thread somewhere floating on that (do a search).

I would just take the point off topic again to say that if there are only two pro Bush people on this forum, there is something wrong with your advertising.  70% of American's are pro Bush.

I do not understabd this comment. Advertising for the US only is what you are saying? Please elaborate without going offotpic.

By the way, before it happens too much... please read this thread to learn how to use the quotes and offtopic tags so it is not so confusing in your quotes. See here:
https://www.bordeglobal.com/cgi-bin2/yabb/Y...;num=1048965198

International Level: International Guru / Political Participation: 3215 ActivistPoliticianInternational Guru 100%

29th May, 2003 - 12:46pm / Post ID: #

Page 14 Iraq War Post

That is really mature.

He was kidding Brian, you need to learn to difference it, you will with time. But smile man! it's good for the soul smile.gif.

I think is good to watch ALL tv channels an newspapers, not only the ones we like how they 'sound'. It's always good to listen the two sides of the bell, that's why it's good also to go and check iraqis newspapers online too. In that way, when you need to form an opinion, it will be based on both sides of the story.

International Level: International Guru / Political Participation: 1089 ActivistPoliticianInternational Guru 100%

Post Date: 31st May, 2003 - 10:47am / Post ID: #

Post War Iraq
A Friend

Iraq War Post

JB, I don't know how to go off topic. Too lazy to search for the answer. Anyway, I actually liked Stranger's posts most of the time. His was quite well analysed and good food for thought.... different perspectives from mine most times, but well received ones, I'd say.
Being a proud American is one thing. I am proud to be a citizen of my country too. But to be suck into a either/or scenario with total blindness is not good. In Brian's case, his is not much different, being a staunch Bush supporter, as one of those Iraqi or N. Korean elite guards who totally believe everything their leader tells them.
Perspectives require an open mind. A close mind will only see what it want to see.

Post Date: 31st May, 2003 - 11:06am / Post ID: #

Post War Iraq
A Friend

Post War Iraq

Exactly like Fireduck said before 'you're with us or against us'. That's ridiculous!. No neutral point between good and evil? and who are the 'good boys' the USA?

LDS, Not sure if you meant I siad that. I hope not. I was just quoting George Bush Jr.  
I for one, always believe things are not just black and white. There are many shades in between. And there definitely is a middle ground in everything. That middle ground, most often, are propositioned by the ones who can see both sides of the argument, and are willing to compromised for the better good of mankind.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
31st May, 2003 - 11:56am / Post ID: #

Post War Iraq - Page 14

Fireduck, I meant to quote you what you said about Pres. Bush saying 'You're with us or against us' sorry if it sounded confused.
My point here with my dear friend Brian is that he doesn't seem to be open minded at all about his President and yes other issues too.  It's great he loves his country and all that but he's reaching the point (reaching? well..I think he's there already) where he cannot stand critizism of whatever tone, whether is bashing or honest critism (it's the same for him). He seems to think that everything Bush says and act is correct and that's totally blindeness and in my point of view dangerous because this is exactly what certain polititians look in people.

Post Date: 1st Jun, 2003 - 3:58am / Post ID: #

Post War Iraq
A Friend

Post War Iraq Politics Business Civil & History - Page 14

Hopefully they won't be as trigger happy as the current occupiers. We need to leave and let the Iraqs get on with their lives, before we turn Iraq into another Palestine.

> TOPIC: Post War Iraq

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,