Post War Iraq - Page 6 of 171

QUOTE The only way we can replace that hate - Page 6 - Politics, Business, Civil, History - Posted: 21st Apr, 2003 - 6:42pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  « First of 171 pgs.  2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10  ...Latest (171) »

?
Poll: What are your strongest feelings about the war in Iraq?
  Bush did and is doing the right thing       27.12%
  It started well, but seems to be ending bad       13.56%
  I am totally neutral about the topic       3.39%
  Saddam needed to be removed, but not in this way       16.95%
  I think that the US should have never invaded       25.42%
  The war is wrong in all aspects       13.56%
Total Votes: 59
Guests Cannot Vote - Join To Add Your Vote! 

versus U.S.A. So, now that the USA left Iraq can the country rebuild herself and become stable?
Post War Iraq Related Information to Post War Iraq
Post Date: 20th Apr, 2003 - 5:18pm / Post ID: #

Post War Iraq
A Friend

Post War Iraq - Page 6

Now we are getting to what I suspected all along.
The situation with Iran and Syria.
I knew something triggered Bush into this.
But I have no objection to this. It's a good idea.
We need to become a player in the Middle East.
Now if only they have the wit to establish good relations with the Iraqi people, learn to respect the other Arab nations and move in a positive direction with the Palestinian situation things could get better.
I am extremely encouraged by the movement towards trimming Arafat's hold. Israel needs to respond in like manner.
I really think both Arafat and Sharon are going to have to go to get anything done.

The WMD
Well, the Army certainly has no business poking around. They DO need to get qualified people in there and hook up with Iraqi scientists. But it WILL take time, no doubt.

Sponsored Links:
20th Apr, 2003 - 6:34pm / Post ID: #

Iraq War Post

We need to become a player in the Middle East.

What do you exactly mean by that?.

International Level: International Guru / Political Participation: 1089 ActivistPoliticianInternational Guru 100%

Post Date: 20th Apr, 2003 - 9:25pm / Post ID: #

Post War Iraq
A Friend

Post War Iraq History & Civil Business Politics

I mean we need to move into a position of influence on a positive level.
For too long we have remained distant, known only as the ally of Israel.
The Middle East is increasingly moving into the political forefront and the US has to become something other than "The Great Satan".
The Middle East still has a midevil mentality, but is waking up to the present.
We need to become their friends.

21st Apr, 2003 - 1:04am / Post ID: #

Page 6 Iraq War Post

I mean we need to move into a position of influence on a positive level.
For too long we have remained distant, known only as the ally of Israel.
The Middle East is increasingly moving into the political forefront and the US has to become something other than "The Great Satan".
The Middle East still has a midevil mentality, but is waking up to the present.
We need to become their friends.

I don't want to sound bad Stranger but that seems totally impossible!. Some countries in the Middle East hate the USA. I mean, HATE IT!. sad.gif so how you all think in accomplish something like that? by becoming a Muslim nation? ;D

International Level: International Guru / Political Participation: 1089 ActivistPoliticianInternational Guru 100%

Post Date: 21st Apr, 2003 - 11:23am / Post ID: #

Post War Iraq
A Friend

Iraq War Post

It is indeed a daunting task, especially considering the past history of the US's lack of sensitivity to even European cultures.
How will we do it?
Do I look like Buddah to you? I certainly don't know!!

The only way we can replace that hate is with time. That time has to be spent working with them, in their behalf and helping them become prosperous in their own right.

Those whom we send to represent us are going to HAVE to:
know their culture, know their religion, and speak fluent Arabic.

The best compliment you can pay someone is by taking the time to learn their language.

21st Apr, 2003 - 12:22pm / Post ID: #

Post War Iraq

US Ruler in Iraq, what a world we live in. I wonder if he is sweating knowning that he could be a target of assassination?

From CNN:

INTERIM CHIEF IN BAGHDAD

Hoping to restore order without looking like a colonial ruler, U.S. retired
Army Gen. Jay Garner arrived in Iraq Monday to oversee its civil
administration while a new government is established.
https://www.cnn.com/2003/WORLD/meast/04/21/...main/index.html

International Level: International Guru / Political Participation: 3209 ActivistPoliticianInternational Guru 100%

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 21st Apr, 2003 - 4:04pm / Post ID: #

Post War Iraq
A Friend

Post War Iraq - Page 6

Yeah!
He'll be watching every rooftop, every alley he passes.
He'll be searching the crowd every time he gives a public speech.
And with good reason!

I wouldn't have his job for all the tea in China.

21st Apr, 2003 - 6:42pm / Post ID: #

Post War Iraq Politics Business Civil & History - Page 6

The only way we can replace that hate is with time. That time has to be spent working with them, in their behalf and helping them become prosperous in their own right.

Those whom we send to represent us are going to HAVE to:
know their culture, know their religion, and speak fluent Arabic.

This is the kind of naivety I always talk about Americans. Do you really think that will ever be possible?. You talk about 'time' I will say 'centuries!'. No matter how friendly the Americans want to be, how much they know about their culture and the language. This Middle East people will never accept the friendship of the USA. It clears to me, to think otherwise is to be over confident which is not bad though.
Now, I was hearing in the news this morning that Pres. Bush is close to say that the war against Iraq is over...now somebody can explain me this. The whole issue about going to war against Iraq from Pres. Bush words was to 'disarm Iraq from the weapons of mass destruction'. How the war can be over and those 'weapons' are not found yet?. Saddam and his people were not found either! so what the heck was all this then???.  After this war is over, the USA needs to get prepared because the international pressure they will get it will be overwhelmed, I was hearing the BBC and they were saying that in a poll Americans pretty much forgot already about the weapons of mass destructions. But the people around the world, you bet did not forget!.

> TOPIC: Post War Iraq

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,