Post War Iraq - Page 12 of 171

Is this the final analysist? From Deseret - Page 12 - Politics, Business, Civil, History - Posted: 25th May, 2003 - 12:13pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  « First of 171 pgs.  8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16  ...Latest (171) »

?
Poll: What are your strongest feelings about the war in Iraq?
  Bush did and is doing the right thing       27.12%
  It started well, but seems to be ending bad       13.56%
  I am totally neutral about the topic       3.39%
  Saddam needed to be removed, but not in this way       16.95%
  I think that the US should have never invaded       25.42%
  The war is wrong in all aspects       13.56%
Total Votes: 59
Guests Cannot Vote - Join To Add Your Vote! 

versus U.S.A. So, now that the USA left Iraq can the country rebuild herself and become stable?
Post War Iraq Related Information to Post War Iraq
17th May, 2003 - 1:29am / Post ID: #

Post War Iraq - Page 12

I watched a Iraqi video today on TV how the government of Saddam killed this 4 men accused of terrorism. They put a bomb, yes a bomb on their bodies and detonate it...sad.gif oh gosh, why they had to do something so evil?. why make them suffer in such a way???

International Level: International Guru / Political Participation: 1089 ActivistPoliticianInternational Guru 100%

Sponsored Links:
19th May, 2003 - 10:49am / Post ID: #

Iraq War Post

Do you think that this was the correct action to take or is it a counter productive act of democracy?

From CNN:

OFFICIALS: BAN ON BAATHISTS DELAYS IRAQI GOVERNMENT

The decision to ban senior Baath Party members from holding jobs in a future
Iraqi government will delay the handover of control to Iraqis, senior
officials with the Pentagon's Office of Reconstruction and Humanitarian
Assistance said.
https://www.cnn.com/2003/WORLD/meast/05/17/...main/index.html

International Level: International Guru / Political Participation: 3212 ActivistPoliticianInternational Guru 100%

Post Date: 20th May, 2003 - 2:09am / Post ID: #

Post War Iraq
A Friend

Post War Iraq History & Civil Business Politics

Do you think that this was the correct action to take or is it a counter productive act of democracy?

I remember how the Soviet Union broke up and how the various ex-Soviet Bloc nations floundered for a while. But fact of the matter is, a lot of the communist party members are die-hard members who do not want to change overnight just like that. And those countries accomodated them into the new politics. And soon the communist party members either change their ideology or they just play a minor role in the country's new system.

I see the same situation here in Iraq. The US have to accomodate some of the not-so-extreme Baathists members in the new political system. The locals will ensure they will no longer play a dominating role in Iraqi politics. Let them work it out themselves. The US cannot ban anyone if they are to go there to preach democracy! And, there are lots of examples to learn from .... Indonesia's Golkar party is still in the political system but kept in check by the others.

The key is to separate the executive govt from the powers of the military. How they will do that in Iraq, I really don't know. Paramilitary and militias will be another problem. Sigh!

20th May, 2003 - 10:39am / Post ID: #

Page 12 Iraq War Post

The US cannot ban anyone if they are to go there to preach democracy! And, there are lots of examples to learn from .... Indonesia's Golkar party is still in the political system but kept in check by the others.  

I think the point of this proves that the US does not trust the Iraqi people to not fight against them again. They are also seeing that now, I think the US believed that the people would be so 'happy' for what they did that the Iraqi people would be willing to have a US type of government. :smile.gif Once again the US seeks to change the mindset of a country. It would be better that they just call themselves colonialists and govern the country how they 'think it should be run' rather than push the democracy talk.

International Level: International Guru / Political Participation: 3212 ActivistPoliticianInternational Guru 100%

Post Date: 21st May, 2003 - 10:10pm / Post ID: #

Post War Iraq
A Friend

Iraq War Post

George Soros is said to set up a watchdog group to monitor any abuses of Iraqi oil resources. Strange, coming from him because he is known for rampaging through the financial markets and clobbering the economies of nations into near bankruptcy. He calls it free market forces, and pockets billions of dollars in the process. Smaller nations think he is just an opportunist who doesn't care much about how people, who are out of his sphere of concern, suffer as a result.

So, what do you think? Is he really concerned about the Iraqi people or is he just monitoring as to when another opportunity to profit comes along?

22nd May, 2003 - 8:26am / Post ID: #

Post War Iraq

Smaller nations think he is just an opportunist who doesn't care much about how people, who are out of his sphere of concern, suffer as a result.

Well to me this is just a typical case scenario, nothing new. Afterall, don't think that going into Iraq was just a matter of stopping some future WMD (which they haven't found yet), but also getting return on their last investment (Gulf War) and this war.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
22nd May, 2003 - 12:19pm / Post ID: #

Post War Iraq - Page 12

Well, the United Nations approved the new resolution which will allow the USA and Britain to stay in Iraq in power until a new government takes place :smile.gif what do you all think?

International Level: International Guru / Political Participation: 1089 ActivistPoliticianInternational Guru 100%

25th May, 2003 - 12:13pm / Post ID: #

Post War Iraq Politics Business Civil & History - Page 12

Is this the final analysist?

From Deseret News:

IRAQ VICTORY HAS FAILED TO REDUCE PERILS
The U.S. military victory in Iraq has done little so far to reduce international
terrorism, halt the spread of weapons of mass destruction or promote a broader
Mideast peace, the three goals President Bush cited most frequently in
justifying the war, say a growing number of critics.
https://deseretnews.com/dn/view/1%2C1249%2C...35622%2C00.html

> TOPIC: Post War Iraq

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,