Post War Iraq - Page 118 of 171

I think what Karbala was implying is that - Page 118 - Politics, Business, Civil, History - Posted: 24th May, 2007 - 9:30pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  « First of 171 pgs.  114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122  ...Latest (171) »

?
Poll: What are your strongest feelings about the war in Iraq?
  Bush did and is doing the right thing       27.12%
  It started well, but seems to be ending bad       13.56%
  I am totally neutral about the topic       3.39%
  Saddam needed to be removed, but not in this way       16.95%
  I think that the US should have never invaded       25.42%
  The war is wrong in all aspects       13.56%
Total Votes: 59
Guests Cannot Vote - Join To Add Your Vote! 

versus U.S.A. So, now that the USA left Iraq can the country rebuild herself and become stable?
Post War Iraq Related Information to Post War Iraq
19th May, 2007 - 8:00pm / Post ID: #

Post War Iraq - Page 118

Did any of you see the video of the girl's death? I do not care about what religion or tradition has to say... in this MODERN world no one should have to die like that. Then people from the Middle East wonder why people look at them funny? Go figure!

FOUR ARRESTED IN IRAQ 'HONOR KILLING'

Authorities in northern Iraq have arrested four people in connection with the "honor killing" last month of a Kurdish teen -- a startling, morbid pummeling caught on a mobile phone video camera and broadcast around the world.
Ref. https://www.cnn.com/2007/WORLD/meast/05/18/...ling/index.html

International Level: International Guru / Political Participation: 3217 ActivistPoliticianInternational Guru 100%

Sponsored Links:
23rd May, 2007 - 9:31am / Post ID: #

Iraq War Post

JB - I have never in my entire life seen footage that was so disgusting it made me turn it off. This video made me sick in the stomach. I would like 5 minutes in a boxing ring with any of these cowards who attacked this poor innocent girl. There is no religious excuse or justification for such a crime. It is blatant murder and every one of those low-lives should have the same thing happen to them.

I am truly shocked and upset by this and it leaves such a foul tremor in my heart. I hope the Iraqi authorities treat this as murder because anything less would be a massive crime against humanity.

The whole notion of honour killings is something that disgusts me. Unfortunately, because I have Indian heritage, I have heard of such cases before. It is not tied to any specific religion. It is an archaic, immoral act that gives new meaning to indecency. It is a sin, a lowly, cowardly crime. There is nothing more that I can say, I am truly shocked but perhaps not surprised that humanity can still stoop to such a low.

International Level: Negotiator / Political Participation: 453 ActivistPoliticianNegotiator 45.3%

23rd May, 2007 - 6:14pm / Post ID: #

Post War Iraq History & Civil Business Politics

The video made me sick to my stomach, I could not finish watching it...it was way too much to handle. I believe anyone in the right mind (no matter their religion affiliations) would NOT even try to justify this horrible murder. I do not give a darn if that's the way they have been raised, if that's their culture (if you want to call it that way) or if is even religious. This was a horrible murder, interesting enough there are hundreds of murders just like this one reported in Iraq every month as well as other countries.

The primitiveness of their mindset is beyond me.

International Level: International Guru / Political Participation: 1089 ActivistPoliticianInternational Guru 100%

Post Date: 24th May, 2007 - 1:41pm / Post ID: #

Post War Iraq
A Friend

Page 118 Iraq War Post

Then people from the Middle East wonder why people look at them funny? Go figure!

What can I say? I hope you yourself can see the absurdity of that statement.

24th May, 2007 - 1:50pm / Post ID: #

Iraq War Post

What is absurd about it? We are not talking about a serial killer or a cult family, we are talking about a regular tradition here. I do not know any other culture in the world that will kill you just because you express love for someone other than the person to whom your family thinks you should express it for?

Rather off topic, but...
The Jews have been known to do this too in times past, but I am not sure about now. However there are specific Threads dealing with this in detail.

In keeping with the Topic here I must say that this is one of the big reasons the US is having trouble in the region, the people do not want Western ways or Western thinking... they have their own traditions that will not go away - the US has to understand this.

International Level: International Guru / Political Participation: 3217 ActivistPoliticianInternational Guru 100%

Post Date: 24th May, 2007 - 3:28pm / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

Post War Iraq

Breaking News ABCNEWS.com:

PRESIDENT BUSH PREDICTS HEAVY FIGHTING IN THE WEEKS AND MONTHS AHEAD IN IRAQ; SAYS SUMMER IS CRITICAL FOR A NEW STRATEGY

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
24th May, 2007 - 5:32pm / Post ID: #

Post War Iraq - Page 118

QUOTE (Karbala @ 24-May 07, 9:41 AM)
What can I say? I hope you yourself can see the absurdity of that statement.

Did you see the video we are discussing about? What is your opinion about it ? How can the statement be absurd? It is obvious that if there are reports of hundreds of these "traditions" taking place in Iraq as well as other countries, people will look at Muslims as funny individuals. In the Western World, stoning someone to death for just loving someone who your relatives do not agree with is unconceivable yet in the Eastern World is a common practice.

International Level: International Guru / Political Participation: 1089 ActivistPoliticianInternational Guru 100%

24th May, 2007 - 9:30pm / Post ID: #

Post War Iraq Politics Business Civil & History - Page 118

I think what Karbala was implying is that it is such a minority of idiots who commit honour killings that you cannot generalise about the whole Middle East region based on this one crime. I agree this is not normal behaviour and should not be treated as such, but it is not an Iraqi tradition. It's like everyone thinking Americans are gun toking, trigger happy lunatics because they have more gun massacres than any other country.

The truth is honour killings are not a religious disease. They are not bound to Muslims. They very much occur among followers of the Hindu religion and others around south Asia. It's not a religious problem, more a backwards cultural problem. Iraq does not have more honour killings than India or Pakistan. So I think we need to be careful when associating such a horrible deed with any specific culture or group of people.

Reconcile Edited: arvhic on 24th May, 2007 - 9:32pm

International Level: Negotiator / Political Participation: 453 ActivistPoliticianNegotiator 45.3%

> TOPIC: Post War Iraq

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,