The Vampire Followers - Page 3 of 4

Keeping in mind that we are NOT in the Mature - Page 3 - Studies of Dreams, Mystics, Paranormal - Posted: 26th Jul, 2005 - 9:56pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 4 
People that believe they can live forever by living a life close to that of a vampire?
19th Nov, 2004 - 9:10pm / Post ID: #

The Vampire Followers - Page 3

Probably one of the best uses of imagination ever, and we owe all thanks to Bram Stroker. The ideas of living forever, or the ability to fly - as Anne Rice has given them, is exciting to some. For me, I like to keep it to entertainment only. I am just excited that Underworld 2 is being filmed right now - for release next year.

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 26th Dec, 2004 - 1:15am / Post ID: #

The Vampire Followers
A Friend

Followers Vampire The

Vampirism is among one of my favorite subjects. I just recently began to research their past and some of the more popular stories, games, role-plays. Not to say that I believe in them in our modern times but I definitely feel like they give a medieval realm that extra umph! that it needs.

One subject that I enjoyed inparticularly, and one my character is involved with right now, is Vampire: The Masquerade if any of you have heard of it. It tells of Caine, the first Vampire who slain his brother Abel and was cursed by God to live forever and with a terrible lust for blood. It continues to tell how Caine created childer and they created childer to become the thirteen clans. It is a very descriptive and interesting tale of how Vampires came to be.

If you'd like to research it more, you can visit https://www.white-wolf.com/Games/Pages/VampireHome.html

26th Dec, 2004 - 1:22am / Post ID: #

The Vampire Followers Paranormal & Mystics Dreams Studies

If you want to see and know the man who started it all as 'Dracula' then you need to look at this thread and read the horror that is Vlad Tepes:
https://www.bordeglobal.com/foruminv/index....0384&hl=vampire

Post Date: 29th Dec, 2004 - 7:54pm / Post ID: #

The Vampire Followers
A Friend

Page 3 Followers Vampire The

Vampiricism has been around from quite some time. Lamia was a creature in ancient Greek mythology who ate children and drank the blood of men. Queen Elizabeth Bathory (also Elizabeth the Red or the Blood Countess) was said to bathe in blood. Some say she did it to make her skin look younger; others say she bathed in the blood of children, hoping to achieve eternal youth. Vlad the Impaler was a sadistic sociopath, but there is no mention that he ever drank blood.

Also, the drinking of blood has likely been around for some time, most likely beginning as a ritual among Pagans, or perhaps Druids (although the Druids were more into trees and nature).

As for the physiological effects of drinking blood, red blood cells are primarily made up of hemoglobin. Hemoglobin is rich in iron and readily bonds with oxygen (blood deprived of oxygen is blue). Iron is known to give people an energy boost - weight lifters consume relatively large amounts of iron, and spinach (Popeye the Sailor Man) is rich in iron. The oxygen also gives an energy boost - many athletes use pure oxygen between plays, as do some singers between songs at live concerts.
There is also the down-side of drinking blood. Besides just sounding gross, blood-born pathogens are among the most dangerous and most communicable (HIV). Also, consuming too much iron can be fatal, which is why adult vitamins warn against giving them to children, who cannot handle as much iron as adults.
I'm sure drinking blood has some sort of psychological effect as well, adding to the "euphoric high".

Drinking animal blood is probably safer than drinking human blood, as animals are generally not exposed to as many blood-born pathogens as humans are, including STDs.

31st Mar, 2005 - 2:56am / Post ID: #

Followers Vampire The

People will have their own opinion on vampirism wether it's a good one or bad one. Either way people also decipher each word in their own image as well. Many believe vampires to be real as well as many believe it to be a joke. How do we know what's real or not unless we have truly seen it. People believe in christ and god but no one has seen him in this day and age. People will only believe in what they see fit, no one person has the right belief.

international QUOTE
Also, the drinking of blood has likely been around for some time, most likely beginning as a ritual among Pagans, or perhaps Druids (Although the Druids were more into trees and nature).

As for this one it's not pagan in general, it's certain pagans that believe it to be the only means of power. Being a studier of religions I think there is no real religion or true god. All of these are only in books and no real evidence has been proven, just like the evolution studies.

Post Date: 31st Mar, 2005 - 4:43am / Post ID: #

The Vampire Followers
A Friend

The Vampire Followers

Vampirism is much like religion. Every religion has people that claim to be having spiritual experiences from their god. From Islam, to Christianity, to Buddhism, some how everyone of these religions that is the only way all seem to have revelations and spiritual experiences from there main point of worship. I believe that Vampirism, in the same fashion, allows people to believe that they are gaining energy from psychically taking it, or physically drinking blood. The fact of the matter is, its psychosomatic, produce by the mind to fulfill a need in the human psyche. I don't believe real vampires exist, but those who believe they are do exist. I think they really believe that they need to drink blood and that it really helps them. There ceremony or ritual probably gives them an exciting adrenaline boost that takes care of their lack of energy. Since adrenaline rushes can be addictive, they do need it more and more after the first time if they liked it.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 26th Jul, 2005 - 9:21pm / Post ID: #

The Vampire Followers
A Friend

The Vampire Followers - Page 3

QUOTE (funbikerchick @ 20-May 04, 11:55 AM)
Generally, they cut themselves and then drink it. Apparently it is addictive.

If you hurt yourself in any way it releases endorphins, so I would imagine this creates the feeling of euphoria rather than actually drinking blood! And yes I can totally understand how that would be addictive!

Yes there is a side of vampirism which is sexy and fascinating but as a fantasy, I too have read about these real life vampire cults and they do things like drinking the blood thats drained of their raw meat which isn't sexy and as a vegetarian I just find disgusting!

26th Jul, 2005 - 9:56pm / Post ID: #

The Vampire Followers Studies Dreams Mystics & Paranormal - Page 3

Keeping in mind that we are NOT in the Mature Board I would like for you to elaborate on this statement:

international QUOTE
Yes there is a side of vampirism which is sexy

Also.
international QUOTE
And yes I can totally understand how that would be addictive!

I think there are serious mental issues with anyone that cuts themselves up and becomes addicted to it and I am sure I have the local Psychiatric Boards backup on this one.

+  1 2 3 4 

> TOPIC: The Vampire Followers

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,