The Vampire Followers - Page 4 of 4

Out for blood: Fluid dynamics explain how - Page 4 - Studies of Dreams, Mystics, Paranormal - Posted: 19th Mar, 2016 - 8:10pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 4 
People that believe they can live forever by living a life close to that of a vampire?
Post Date: 26th Jul, 2005 - 10:07pm / Post ID: #

The Vampire Followers
A Friend

The Vampire Followers - Page 4

Vampires are always portrayed as sexy, dark and mysterious and if you read any vampire books or watch vampire films theres always a huge undertone of sex and sexuality.

As for hurting yourself being addictive like I said it releases endorphins like a drug so that could easily become addictive, as with any addiction theres usually psychological reasons behind it.

Sponsored Links:
26th Jul, 2005 - 10:15pm / Post ID: #

Followers Vampire The

First of all please notice the off topic above and then see your Intro thread for more information.

Vampires are only now recently (past few decades) being portrayed in this way, but for centuries they have always been stories meant to scare the living daylights out of you. I believe things of a dark nature is being made more acceptable nowadays whereas people were once burned at the stake for it.

I believe there are two kinds of followers: the one who is in it for fad or friends and the other that truly believes it.

Post Date: 21st Feb, 2006 - 11:20pm / Post ID: #

The Vampire Followers
A Friend

The Vampire Followers Paranormal & Mystics Dreams Studies

I think the vampire is a myth but"¦there is no smoke without burning something down.
Maybe the vampire is only a "Smoke" and not a "Fire" and there must be a logical explanation.

international QUOTE
A veritable epidemic of vampirism swept through Eastern Europe beginning in the late seventeenth century and continuing through the eighteenth century. The number of reported cases rose dramatically in Hungary and the Balkans. From the Balkans the plague spread westward into Germany, Italy, France, England and Spain. Travellers returning from the Balkans brought with them tales of the undead, igniting an interest in the vampire that has continued to this day. Philosophers in the West began to study the phenomenon. It was during this period that Dom Augustin Calmet wrote his famous treatise on vampirism in Hungary. It was also during this period that authors and playwrights first began to explore the vampire myth. Stoker's novel was merely the culminating work of a long series of works that were inspired by the reports coming from the Balkans and Hungary.
Source

In that period had been reported also many cases of persons and animals with rabies.
Once I red about some similarities between the symptoms of rabies and vampire behavior.

1. They don't support the mirrors or other shining object, (Like cross made of polish metal), and can't drink water.
2. They behave like animals (Because the disease attack the brain), biting himself and others.
3. The vampirism is contagious by contact, like rabies.
4. In the stories the vampire could be seen very close to the wolf, he could transform himself in, but the wolf in most of cases is the animal which can transmit rabies.

To this considerations could be added another one:

There is a state in which someone could be not alive and not dad in the same time.
They call it lethargy or maybe the apparent dead.
The heart beats are very rare, no sign of respiration, seams dad but it's not, and only a physician can certificate the real state. Today every corpse have to be examined by which gave the authorization for burring, and eventually inject a lethal substance directly in the heart.
In the past happened many times that a person died, had been buried and later being unburied (For deferent reasons) the position of his body resulted changed because the person woke up in the coffin, and tried to escape.

Nobody knows what's happened in that state, and the connexion is that the vampire 'sleep" in a coffin.
Maybe he "Wake up" sometimes"¦

And finally the vampire can be killed by penetrating his heart with a peak.
The heart which beat very, very slowly, in the state of lethargy.

Vampirism is not a religion, never heard of somebody to desire to become one, or ritual practice about. And I lived most of my life in Transylvania.
At the contrary the vampire, ghost, etc, in the tales is seen as a tired, unhappy fellow, wondering with no aim, eager to be "Liberate".

About man drinking (Animal blood) I heard myself, not in mystical rituals but simply because they believe it's benefice for health containing iron.

With fresh pork blood, mixed with salt, fat, slice and others Romanian made a kind of delicious sausages.

27th Jan, 2015 - 11:39am / Post ID: #

Page 4 Followers Vampire The

It might be cool to be a vampire for a day but knowing that after awhile you will thirst for human blood does not make it worth it. Now you have people that are willing to drink blood just to say they are a follower.

Post Date: 19th Mar, 2016 - 8:10pm / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

Followers Vampire The

Out for blood: Fluid dynamics explain how quickly a vampire could drain your blood

Throughout human history there have been tales of vampires -- bloodsucking creatures of folklore that prey on their victims by draining their life essence, usually via the blood. To coincide with the 85th anniversary of Tod Browning's 'Dracula' (1931), students have used fluid dynamics to examine how long it would take for the undead fiend to drain an average human's blood -- and have calculated that it would take only 6.4 minutes to drain 15 per cent of the blood from the external carotid artery in a human's neck. Ref. Source 9a.

+  1 2 3 4 

> TOPIC: The Vampire Followers

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,