Legal Age To Drive? - Page 2 of 3

Name: Satish Comments: Driving age must be - Page 2 - Culture, Family, Travel, Consumer Reviews - Posted: 6th May, 2009 - 7:00pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 
Post Date: 28th Apr, 2008 - 3:14pm / Post ID: #

Legal Age To Drive?
A Friend

Legal Age To Drive? - Page 2

Here in Iowa it is 16. I think that is a good age to learn to drive. You teen if they are showing that they can be responsible should be able to drive. This gives them the chance to prove they are responsible and gives them the oppertunity to become mature clear thinking drivers. My son who is going to be 17 this next month has gone almost a year with driving. He has had only one mishap and I have come down hard on him for that. I was more mad at the fact he was in a place he was not supposed to be and tried to hide that fact more than what happened. He lost his driving privledges for a week to learn the lesson. He has donea lot better since. He has his own truck now and he is doing great. HE has a job to put gas in his own vehicle now. We are happy that soon he will get his permanate license. We have another son who is going to be 16 and he has yet to get his learners permit. Mainly because he has not shown that he is mature enough to drive a car.

Here in Iowa at the age of 16 you get a temp license to drive if you go a year without a ticket or accident you can get your permanate license.

Sponsored Links:
1st May, 2008 - 2:41pm / Post ID: #

Drive Age Legal

Joepublic you are so correct the worse drivers I see are not young people but middle aged!

I think a person every time you license expires should have to drag in you car have it inspected and do a quick drivers exam. Few reasons to keep up to date with the changes in rules of the roads and to keep people more aware of their bad driving habits.

I have no issue with a 16 year old driving. After all you can join the army and kill so if you are good enough for that then you are surly worthy of proving you can drive.

I ask you people saying 18 or 21 before being licensed when did you start working?

Many do not have access to public transit and need by 14 or 16 to start working summer jobs to get through college or Univerity how are they to get to work Hitch hike?

I say let us hold the parent to ensure they let their children get out of child hood before the age of 16 let alone 20.

In some provinces you can apply to have your 12 licensed to drive farm vehicles. I think society has forgotten in 2 generations that at 16 you are an adult and should have enough common sense to use a gun car and get a job. By 18 we should be more then ready to live on our own and be self sufficient. Why to we coddle our children and destroy their lives so much. While they ever get married and see grandchildren if we do not enable them to start their lives before 25 or 30?

Post Date: 1st May, 2008 - 5:28pm / Post ID: #

Legal Age To Drive?
A Friend

Legal Age To Drive? Reviews Consumer & Travel Family Culture

Amen Brother. I was driving in fields and on gravel roads before I was 16 taking hay to the barn to put up or chasing cattle down to round them up. A lot of farm kids and others who need to drive early do so so they can assist their families get by. Having a child of 15 with a school or work permit to work at a job or to help get to school and back is a good idea if the child shows they are responsible enough to handle a vehicle. I know as a citizen I do not want a kid with no control over a car driving it towards me. This is where a parent can help their kids out and teach them how to be good drivers.

Post Date: 4th Nov, 2008 - 7:09pm / Post ID: #

Page 2 Drive Age Legal

Name: John

Comments: 5 years of age, I hate driving my kids to school.

Post Date: 4th Nov, 2008 - 8:38pm / Post ID: #

Legal Age To Drive?
A Friend

Drive Age Legal

Let them ride the bus then. IF they live close enough let them walk. You do not need to drive them to school. I live by a school and the way these elementary students mothers and father drive while dropping them off or picking them up makes me glad I am safely in my house or at work when it is happening. This is why I never venture out of the house from 730 to 830 am. smile.gif

Post Date: 25th Feb, 2009 - 12:30am / Post ID: #

Legal Age To Drive?

Name: Ashley

Comments: I think that children under the age of 17 should be able to drive if they can pass a driving test and can prove that they are responsible enough to take on this challenge. We should not judge children by the less responsible ones. Why should they have to pay the consequences for other children's mistakes? Besides, most children have jobs by the age of 15 and they have to get around from school, to there job's, and then to there homes.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
25th Feb, 2009 - 4:08pm / Post ID: #

Legal Age Drive - Page 2

Hi Ashley I think you actually said a lot when you stated.

We should not judge children

This is just it are they children?? If so then no they better not have a license.

As a parent if you did your Job they are now young adults so why treat them like children? As rookies to the driving force sure..mentor and teach.

Cripes my mother married at 16 my uncles were at war? How can one generation to 2 generations have removed this ability how society babies our children like babies and our young adults like children (Under 13). I think the world needs a reality check and they need to cut the apron string long before 16. let your young teenagers make choices and take the consequences or they will never have to grow up!

Post Date: 6th May, 2009 - 7:00pm / Post ID: #

Legal Age Drive Culture Family Travel & Consumer Reviews - Page 2

Name: Satish

Comments: Driving age must be decided with the test and ability of person rather than age. I do agree that there should be minimum age for driving which is 18. Most accident occurs with teenage driving.

+  1 2 3 

> TOPIC: Legal Age To Drive?

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,