Seraph - The Chinaman

Seraph Chinaman - Matrix Trilogy - Plugged RPG - Posted: 12th Dec, 2004 - 5:31pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 
Protector to the Oracle
Post Date: 24th May, 2004 - 3:14am / Post ID: #

Seraph - The Chinaman

The chinaman is the protector of the Oracle. We are introduced to him in Reloaded, but not in the first. I believe he was introduced as a sub-Neo, not as good as Neo but better at what he does than Morephus or Trinity. His meeting with Neo for the first time starts with a fight in which Neo gets in some punches that proves he is the 'One'. Neo questions the need to fight for which the Chinaman replies that you cannot truly know someone until you fight them.

Sponsored Links:
8th Aug, 2004 - 1:47am / Post ID: #

Chinaman - Seraph

Matrix

Seraph, the Chinaman, seems to denote some sort of angelic promise. He shines differently to rest of the Matrix and his name denotes something of an Angel? We are first introduced to him before he meets the Oracle, yet Neo did not have to do this upon his first meeting with the Oracle. If the Oracle is all knowing then why would she need a protector anyway?

Post Date: 18th Aug, 2004 - 6:38pm / Post ID: #

Seraph - The Chinaman
A Friend

Seraph - The Chinaman RPG Plugged Trilogy Matrix

i think seraph was meant to be more of a guide and a messenger than a true protector. because since she was the oracle, she could just move around the obstacles and Mr. Smith to avoid capture.

18th Aug, 2004 - 7:42pm / Post ID: #

Chinaman - Seraph

Matrix

Seraph was probably protecting the Oracle from the Frenchman who was trying to get her eyes, remember? It is funny that the Oracle was in more danger from other programs; the Merovingian, the Agents, the Twins, etc than anybody else.

19th Aug, 2004 - 12:58am / Post ID: #

Chinaman - Seraph

Matrix

He shines differently to rest of the Matrix and his name denotes something of an Angel?

Yes, while the rest of the programs are green, Seraph has an orange glow different from the rest. I'm not sure if his role was to protect the Oracle as much as to protect the future (that's why in Revolutions you see him separated from the Oracle and protecting the little girl, Sati who in my opinion, represents the future). He is definetly also an 'exile', he used to work for the Frenchman, at least that's what I gathered when the Frenchman saw him in Matrix Revolutions:

Merovingian: *to the DJ* Hey. Hey! *to Seraph* The prodigal child returns. L'ange sans ailes (Trans: The angel without wings).

Merovingian: *laughs* Quelle bonne surprise, n'est pas? (Trans: What a fine surprise, isn't it?) Who could've guessed we'd all be seeing each other so soon after our last meeting? A fate too kind. And since you, my little Judas, have brought them here, I can only surmise that the fortune teller has found herself another shell?.

It is amazing the religious connection there is with all the Matrix. Seraph being a 'Guardian Angel' that protects what 'matters the most' (what can be? the future? or Neo who is also refer as 'The savior'?).

3rd Sep, 2004 - 11:44pm / Post ID: #

Seraph - The Chinaman

Matrix

Does Seraph lie? When Neo first meets with him in the back doors (just after their little test fight) Neo asks if he is a program to which he shakes his head answering 'No'. Later in that same moment Neo says to the Oracle that he thinks Seraph is a program from the machine world to which she affirms positively. Strange isn't it?

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
4th Sep, 2004 - 1:59pm / Post ID: #

Seraph - Chinaman

Matrix

Seraph did not lie because what Neo asked was if he is a programmer not a program.

Neo: Are you a programmer?
Seraph: [shakes head]
Neo: Then what are you?
Seraph: I protect that which matters most.

12th Dec, 2004 - 5:31pm / Post ID: #

Seraph - Chinaman Matrix Trilogy Plugged RPG

Matrix

Seraph's glow is similar to the glow of the machines when Neo was going through the Machine City. I believe Seraph was the program that was the closest linked to the Source than any other, even the Architect and the Oracle. When Neo met the Oracle in the park in Reloaded, Seraph was aware of Mr. Smith coming even before the Oracle did. He touches her and transmits this info to her and she acknowledges. By Smith taking over Seraph, I believe he was that much closer to the source than when he took over the Oracle. Seraph is a very strong character and program in the Matrix story and I doubt very much if he could even be deleted by an Agent. It would have been interesting to see a fight scene between himself and one of the agents.

+  1 2 

> TOPIC: Seraph - The Chinaman

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,
The Wachowskis and Warner Bros. are the original copyright holders, creators and producers of the Matrix Trilogy. Material used here is on the basis of "fan" site. Plugged RPG is a FREE custom built Text RPG based on the Matrix concept giving Players a chance to use the Matrix Theme in a Play by Post environment.