Morpheus

Morpheus - Matrix Trilogy - Plugged RPG - Posted: 24th Nov, 2011 - 12:06am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 
Guide, hope and instructor of Neo that always seems to be the inspiration of the show.
Post Date: 24th May, 2004 - 3:25am / Post ID: #

Morpheus

Morpheus takes on the role as guide and 'prophet' of the great things that Neo will do. His role is not developed but graced from one aspect to the next, without Morpheus everything in the Matrix would have crumbled.

Sponsored Links:
18th Aug, 2004 - 3:02am / Post ID: #

Morpheus

Matrix

The one question I have regarding Morpheus was: 'How did he know that Neo was the one?' I doubt the Oracle spelled it out for him because we all know how vague she was with her prophecies. I have gone through many articles, reviews, the Animatrix films and the comics and none have indicated how Morpheus was able to identify Thomas Anderson as The One, Neo. What are your thoughts/speculations/hypotheses?

18th Aug, 2004 - 4:01am / Post ID: #

Morpheus RPG Plugged Trilogy Matrix

Matrix

I believed he knew about him because of the hacks / cracks he was able to perform and then I am sure the Oracle gave him a hint here or there. I can imagine the Oracle saying something like, "Morepheus you will know the One by the way he manages the system, he will tap into things that no one else will be able to tap into, but becareful, the Agents are also watching him".

18th Aug, 2004 - 12:12pm / Post ID: #

Morpheus

Matrix

This is where I think a prequel would be interesting. We see in the Animatrix films the stories of The Kid, who knew he was different, but didnt know why. I wonder if Neo was the same way, and did things through his life that made him wonder. He obviously knew about the Matrix before he met Morpheus and Trinity. Back to Morpheus, I would think there would have had to be more than just hacking abilities to convince Morpheus so passionately, when all others doubted, that Neo was the One. His hacker name in the Matrix was Neo; maybe that was all Morpheus needed to know; who knows?

9th Dec, 2004 - 4:34am / Post ID: #

Morpheus

Matrix

Did you notice that Neo and One have the same letters in them? I wonder if that was part of why they named him so, or why he named himself.

I think Morpheus was able to recognize him because of his hacking abilities, as JB said. Also, his interest in what the matrix is and his general curiosity. I also think that part of it was just a gut feeling, or maybe just an optimistic hope because they needed the one so hopelessly, that maybe if Morpheus would be sure that he is the one, it would make it truer.

16th Dec, 2004 - 7:21pm / Post ID: #

Morpheus

Matrix

Also, his interest in what the matrix is and his general curiosity

Isn't this interest and general curiosity the reason why most of the Zionites were freed in the first place? We know that many of the inhabitants of Zion, were born free, as Dozer pointed out in the first movie, but the ones who were freed, we assume were freed because of an inert sense they had for the Matrix and its existence. What I am very interested in from Morpheus' perspective is what keyed him into Neo, and made him willing to die for Neo because he truly believed he was the One. I dont think hacking abilities, or curiosity, or interest would have been enough.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
8th May, 2005 - 9:03pm / Post ID: #

Morpheus

Matrix

I think Morpheus discovered Neo because of his hacking skills, he "felt" that he was the one and when he trained him his faith grow stronger and stronger to the point that he was willing to give up his life. As for the prequel, a possibility is to show how the Zionites tried to protect the different "ones", till Morpheus found Neo and he started to protect him - first "invisibly" - and then making the contact with him.

Offtopic but,
I think the producers/writers used on purpose the name "neo" because it's an anagram to "one".

24th Nov, 2011 - 12:06am / Post ID: #

Morpheus Matrix Trilogy Plugged RPG

Matrix

I'm so glad they used Laurence Fishburn for the role of Morepheus. The directors originally wanted to cast Gary Oldman but I just can't see a white guy in the role and I'm not stereotyping just saying Fishburn was made for that role.

+  1 2 

> TOPIC: Morpheus

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,
The Wachowskis and Warner Bros. are the original copyright holders, creators and producers of the Matrix Trilogy. Material used here is on the basis of "fan" site. Plugged RPG is a FREE custom built Text RPG based on the Matrix concept giving Players a chance to use the Matrix Theme in a Play by Post environment.