The Frenchman & Persephone - Page 3 of 4

I have something revolutionary in thought - Page 3 - Matrix Trilogy - Plugged RPG - Posted: 16th Apr, 2006 - 1:41am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 4 
The Frenchman gives a unique twist to the Matrix as he seems to act desolate from everything except for Persephone which keeps him in-check.
17th Aug, 2004 - 11:50pm / Post ID: #

The Frenchman & Persephone - Page 3

Matrix

I was watching Revolutions today (LDS saw it for the first time, so now she can give full comments here) and here are some observations...

1. Persephone seems to stick with the Frenchman (which is something I wondered before - why stick with him) because she is 'turned on' by his sadistic love for power, violence and maybe even the fetish element (the last might just be an added element by one of the Brothers or maybe both). I say this because of Persephone's reaction when violence erupts.

2. The Frenchman always asks for the Oracle's eyes, he says that is something he has longed for since being in the Matrix - the power to see the future. I believe he wants this to complete his reign to give him the certain power that he does not have.

3. One thing that does not sit right. When Trinity points her gun to the Frenchman and tells him to let go Neo we are immediately cut and sent to the scene where Trinity picks Neo up from the Train Station. My problem with that is how did they get out of the Frenchman's place in one piece with such a deal?

Sponsored Links:
18th Aug, 2004 - 3:01am / Post ID: #

Persephone and Frenchman The

Matrix

My problem with that is how did they get out of the Frenchman's place in one piece with such a deal?

Maybe they kidnapped the Frenchman at gun point and since I think he is only a coward, he may have told his bodyguards to not do anything. Once Neo was released, then they released him.

18th Aug, 2004 - 5:10am / Post ID: #

The Frenchman & Persephone RPG Plugged Trilogy Matrix

Matrix

LDS, that is a good possibility. I am sure the Brothers did not want to make matters worse for themselves by showing that scene. Still outstanding is the matter of the "Eyes of the Oracle". I wonder now if the Frenchman could have been a fallen Seraph or Oracle too?

18th Aug, 2004 - 12:35pm / Post ID: #

Page 3 Persephone and Frenchman The

Matrix

2. The Frenchman always asks for the Oracle's eyes, he says that is something he has longed for since being in the Matrix - the power to see the future. I believe he wants this to complete his reign to give him the certain power that he does not have

Eyes can be a metaphorical term here, because they are both programs and literal eyes will do neither any good. The Oracle definitely can 'see' the humans better than any other program in the Matrix, even the Architect. So, if the Frenchman has her 'eyes' or special piece of code that allows her to do this, he can use it to his advantage. Of course, the Architect must be aware of this, or another Mr. Smith fiasco would occur, which is where Persephone comes in. I dont think she has very much learned emotion to want to stay with the Frenchman, but her programming model will not let her stray away, because she is the ying to his yang.
As for the getaway scene, we can make up a thousand possibilities. The easiest one would be that Trinity was willing to sacrifice her life so long as she took the life of the Frenchman with her, and she probably knew he valued his life in the Matrix more than anything else, and he knew that she knew this, so he let them into the Train Station, etc, etc. shocked.gif' /><!--endemo-->  </p><div> </div> </div>

<br>
<br>

<div style=
29th Dec, 2004 - 12:20am / Post ID: #

Persephone and Frenchman The

Matrix

Persephone exhibits the opposite side of evil... sensuality, betrayal, and revenge whereas The Frenchman focuses of greed, lust, and violence. They almost seem not to match, but as you rightly put... they complement each other.

Post Date: 3rd Apr, 2006 - 4:12pm / Post ID: #

The Frenchman & Persephone
A Friend

Seeing as how they are renegade programs, I believe that they still have an inherent purpose to their existence in the Matrix, I think that the Frenchmen follows nearly the same path in each generation of the Matrix which always leads him to capturing the Key Master, which in turn leads Neo to have to confront him. It seems to be a system of checks and balances, Persaphone could be just another extension of that ensuring that Neo completes his task of obtaining the Key

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
15th Apr, 2006 - 5:22am / Post ID: #

The Frenchman & Persephone - Page 3

Matrix

Persaphone could be just another extension of that ensuring that Neo completes his task of obtaining the Key

That is a good explanation of the union of the Frenchman and Persephone. She was the Ying to his Yang, the Light Side to his Dark Side. Her purpose was to lead Neo and the others in the right direction, which began with handing them the KeyMaker.

Post Date: 16th Apr, 2006 - 1:41am / Post ID: #

A Friend

The Frenchman & Persephone Matrix Trilogy Plugged RPG - Page 3

I have something revolutionary in thought to bring to this discussion! I just finished watching the trilogy again and finished reading Holy Blood Holy Grail again. This brings something of the Merovingian legend to the movie.

One legend says that the Merovingians, line of rulers of France said to have mystical powers, were descendants and keepers of Christ and the holy bloodline. This could be used to imply that the Frenchman was perhaps descendant, or rather created from code of the first 'One', who we have discussed represents somewhat of a savior figure in the Matrix. So he would have greater power than other programs being descended from the anomaly code that is 'the one'.

Another legend says that the Merovingians were the beginning of the bloodline for the Anti-Christ and had satanic evil origins represented on the Male side of the familys. All male Merovingian rulers had powers that were of evil and satanic origin, existing only to corrupt the history of Christ the savior. Their bloodlines existence is to stop Christs kingdom from coming on the earth. This type of line would imply that the Frenchman existed purely to try and stop the 'One' and prevent him from bringing a free Matrix to the enslaved people.

I much more prefer the first idea that the Merovingian was descended/created from code pieces from the first 'One'. This plays into the theory that they used to be the "Neo and Trinity". If they were both descended from that original code, then they would know what they were feeling. In fact, the Merovingian may be using his power less selfishly than we think. What if his actions are deliberately done to help bring him along, help him realize his power? That would explain the questions, trying to get him to realize who he was and what his purpose was. Thus preserve the future line of the One, which would be the job of the Merovingian, and was the job, according to one legend, of the Merovingian kings of France.

Wow, just when you think you have dug as deep as you can into a subject!

+  1 2 3 4 

> TOPIC: The Frenchman & Persephone

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,
The Wachowskis and Warner Bros. are the original copyright holders, creators and producers of the Matrix Trilogy. Material used here is on the basis of "fan" site. Plugged RPG is a FREE custom built Text RPG based on the Matrix concept giving Players a chance to use the Matrix Theme in a Play by Post environment.