Euro Cup 2004 - Page 4 of 4

Italian striker Alessandro Del Piero has publicly - Page 4 - Movies, Music, Fashion, Sports - Posted: 27th Jul, 2004 - 8:35pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 4 
The football teams of Europe come together to play the world's most popular game, who will win?
2nd Jul, 2004 - 3:10am / Post ID: #

Euro Cup 2004 - Page 4

Seems the Greeks have the Gods on their side because they banish the heavily favored Czechs to advance in a Euro 2004 Final with hosts Portugal. LDS_forever, your theory is still in tact because the host nation is still alive, but who would have guessed that Greece would come this far?

Sponsored Links:
2nd Jul, 2004 - 11:21am / Post ID: #

Cup Euro

Yes, I could hardly believe it myself, especially the way Greece won - right before time as though they planned it that way. Oh well, I am all for Greece winning, it would be too obvious if Portugal won.

4th Jul, 2004 - 1:38am / Post ID: #

Euro Cup 2004 Sports & Fashion Music Movies

I too will be rooting for Greece, because it will mark the changing of the guard in European football as we know it. No longer will the superpowers have their mystique and aura over their opponents, because now everyone will believe that they have a chance to do well. I think this is a good thing for European football that smaller nations not known for football supremacy are winning championships such as these.

4th Jul, 2004 - 10:39pm / Post ID: #

Page 4 Cup Euro

With such little ball possession you would have thought the Greeks did not want to win the game - but they did and what a job! They did it twice to boot! Finally, a host nation does not have to be the champion.

4th Jul, 2004 - 11:49pm / Post ID: #

Cup Euro

Wow, I was very happy for Greece! and yes, sad for Portugal but what I can say? there is always a winner and one that has to lose. It was a pretty good match and I'm happy with the result. In a funny note, did you all see the crazy fan running over the field? laugh.gif

5th Jul, 2004 - 2:53am / Post ID: #

Euro Cup 2004

It is truly amazing that Greece won the game with only 2 shots, one on goal, which scored, and Portugal had close to 20 shots. The Greek goalkeeper had about 12 saves. Unfortunately I didnt see the game, I would have had to pay-per-view to see it, but I watched the ESPN Gamecast coverage, so no, I didnt get the pleasure of seeing the fan run across the field tongue.gif

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
5th Jul, 2004 - 3:59am / Post ID: #

Euro Cup 2004 - Page 4

The fan running across the field was funny, I believe he did it to get extra time for his players, unfortunately it was a waste since with 5 minutes of extra time they still could not penetrate Greece.

27th Jul, 2004 - 8:35pm / Post ID: #

Euro Cup 2004 Movies Music Fashion & Sports - Page 4

Italian striker Alessandro Del Piero has publicly discussed why he felt the Italian squad performed as poorly as it did in the recent Euro 2004 tournament. He credited lack of unity on the team and poor effort from everyone, including the coach and staff, but seemed to place tremendous blame on the critical Italian press as well. Bottom line was that the Italians with a loaded squad gravely underperformed and should look no further than themselves when assigning blame. Hopefully with a new coach and a new goal (2006 World Cup), they can pull it together in time.

ref: https://fifaworldcup.yahoo.com/06/en/040719/21/1uwn.html

+  1 2 3 4 

> TOPIC: Euro Cup 2004

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,