Power Of The Moon? - Page 2 of 3

The Moon has been a Deity for my People for - Page 2 - Studies of Dreams, Mystics, Paranormal - Posted: 19th Apr, 2008 - 10:36pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 
Top  Power Moon The moon has long been a means for tales of were-wolves, does it really have some kind of power?
28th Oct, 2007 - 11:50pm / Post ID: #

Power Of The Moon? - Page 2

DianeC have you tested your daughter for any special abilities possibly psychic or otherwise?

Sponsored Links:
29th Oct, 2007 - 12:21am / Post ID: #

Moon The Power

I haven't, to be honest, I've partly put it down to her having special needs, although a couple of times she has said or done something that I would class as 'different' to what you would put down to just special needs alone.
For example, when she was around 2, she would always play in a corner, stop what she was doing, and start babbling and waving to something that took her interest near the wall. I guess I don't know enough about any paranormal or mystical things, and there is a fine line that you can draw between childhood behavior and something else. She did make a comment the other week that she remembered living in Heaven, when I tried to ask her further about it, she said that she knew that she lived there, but couldn't remember anything else about it, because she wasn't supposed to be able to remember anything- it kind of freaked me out.The other thing that she has said 3 times now, is when we've passed the crematorium, she starts talking about my Grandma who died at Christmas and says that she's "around here" when we've passed by. The only thing to this is that she never went to my Grandma's funeral, and has never been told where her funeral took place!
I'm thinking that maybe she has more spiritual awareness than I give her credit for.

29th Oct, 2007 - 12:48am / Post ID: #

Power Of The Moon? Paranormal & Mystics Dreams Studies

Sounds like she is special. Different is a ord used to describe so many things and one of them may be a child that can speak with the dead maybe she has a gift.

29th Oct, 2007 - 12:53am / Post ID: #

Page 2 Moon The Power

DianeC, you really might want to talk to her more about that. Maybe if what she says is detailed and not constantly changing (like if she just imagined it) then you may want to see if she does have some sort of special ability.

Rather off topic, but...
At first I thought Felipe might have a special ability because he has an imaginary friend, but his 'friend' communications were basically too similar to his own wants wink.gif.

Concerning the moon, the two things the moon does for sure on the earth is affect ocean currents and provide light at night. I do not know if does anything more significant than those two things.

Post Date: 17th Apr, 2008 - 8:04pm / Post ID: #

Power Of The Moon?
A Friend

Moon The Power

Science has provided us with enough evidence to support some physical "powers" of the moon.

1. Effect on the tide and on the estrus cycles of mammals
2. The effect on mating and hatching cycles of certain sea animals. Fish "spawn" on the full moon, which may be just the amount of ambient light or have something to do with gravity. Sea Turtles use a MOONLESS night to lay their eggs ... again probably related to lighting conditions.

Since most predatory mammals can see better in the dark than humans, and a night of full moon is brighter than other nights this could account for the proliferation of animal attacks on a full moon as opposed to other phases. To verify such a study it would have to be done in multiple cities all over the world and other weather conditions added into the equation. A single study in a single city does not make a theory.

I'm not absolutely certain about this, if someone here can verify or deny it, please let me know, but it is possible that the interaction of the gravity of moon and sun have a subtle effect on brain chemistry or body chemistry. When the moon is "full" it is completely out of the shadow of the earth, meaning farthest away from the sun so that the gravitational effects of both bodies are at "opposite poles" so to speak. This may account for some of the "full moon" lunacy that takes place.

And it may also be true that the rise in crime during a full moon is social conditioning. Humans have been drawn to and feared the moon for centuries and this is a very wide spread cultural imprint. However to state that it has no effect on human life is in error for virtually every major city in the world can provide morgue records to sustain that deaths happen more during full moon than at any other time of the month. In Christian countries death occurs more during the High Holy Days as well, especially the family related holiday of Christmans. There are more suicides during Christmas week than any other time of year. It is statistical that there are more deaths by suicide during the three days of the full moon than any other time of any given month as well.

As to the metaphysical effects of a full moon, the time of the full moon is the time to do spells and rituals to END something. The new moon is the time to do spells and rituals to BEGIN something so that as the cycle of the moon increases to full that which was begun at the new moon has more and more power to come to fruition and that which was begun at the full moon has less and less power in your life as the light of the moon wanes. I am of the opinion that this is tradition not any actual power of the moon's light.

Post Date: 18th Apr, 2008 - 11:23am / Post ID: #

Power Of The Moon?
A Friend

Power Of The Moon?

To me the moon is a Goddess, ever changing ever feminine.
I call her Arianrhod, she has a web of stars and a silver path along the wave.
Science has nothing to do with my belief, I talk to her and see her beauty in my lover's eyes.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
19th Apr, 2008 - 12:48am / Post ID: #

Power The Moon - Page 2

Harkon, are you saying that you worship the moon as some sort of deity?

Post Date: 19th Apr, 2008 - 10:36pm / Post ID: #

Power Of The Moon?
A Friend

Power The Moon Studies Dreams Mystics & Paranormal - Page 2

The Moon has been a Deity for my People for thousands of years.
But she is only one aspect of a few that represent the Divine for me.
I worship God's Creation, and the Moon has a special place in a Pantheon of wonder.

+  1 2 3 

> TOPIC: Power Of The Moon?

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,