2004 Olympics - Page 2 of 4

In tennis, Suárez-Tarabini (Argentina) - Page 2 - Sciences, Education, Art, Writing, UFO - Posted: 22nd Aug, 2004 - 1:29am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 4 
15th Aug, 2004 - 10:10pm / Post ID: #

2004 Olympics - Page 2

I was amazed about that US basketball defeat, not that they lost, but by so much. Also they were very aggressive committing more than 19 fouls by half time whereas Puerto Rico only had 7. Maybe they overdid or were too over confident?

Sponsored Links:
15th Aug, 2004 - 10:18pm / Post ID: #

Olympics

No, it was neither, they just got outplayed. In fact, I would believe their confidence was very low coming into Olympic play because of how poorly they performed in their warm-up games in Europe. I was unfortunate enough to watch the game today and they looked horrible. Not only is Tim Duncan their only big guy inside the paint, but they lack the shooters that other teams have and cannot easily overcome a deficit because of it. I predict the USA will not even medal in the Men's Basketball event; that is how bad they look right now!

16th Aug, 2004 - 12:59am / Post ID: #

2004 Olympics UFO & Writing Art Education Sciences

Argentina beated Serbia and Montenegro(who are the actual world champions) in Basketball 83 a 82. The Argentinian player Manu Ginóbili had less than a second before the game was over and he throwed the ball and made a double! tongue.gif

Argentina also beated France in Voleyball 3-0. smile.gif

Post Date: 17th Aug, 2004 - 4:50pm / Post ID: #

2004 Olympics
A Friend

Page 2 Olympics

i think the US will be able to pull a medal, cuz they are known to overcome most odds to do so. but if and when they do medal, i don't think they'll get any better than bronze....they just don't have as many of the excellent players on that team as they used to ya know? and that last loss...pitiful, though some of those fouls were not because of overagression, i thought it was cuz the refs had to make up for the first half cuz they called more fouls on the other team (it's standard for refs to make sure the calls even out by the end of the game).

21st Aug, 2004 - 12:58am / Post ID: #

Olympics

Michael Phelps withdrew from his last scheduled relay race, and in the process ended his competing in the Olympics. Currently he has 5 gold medals and 2 Bronze medals, giving him 7 medals for the Olympics. He withdrew and gave his spot to a team mate who so far has had a terrible individual effort, in the hopes that the US medals, and his team mate can at least get one medal. The kicker here is that if the US does medal, Phelps will get a medal as well because he participated in the semi-final heat to qualify the US team for the finals, so his chance for 8 medals in a single Olympics is still there.

21st Aug, 2004 - 3:39am / Post ID: #

2004 Olympics

Look out for the new upcoming 400m runner for the USA called 'Werner'(sp?), wow, the man is fast. He is so fast that at the end of his heat he pulled up and basically walked across the line and then stopped! The guy also sports a pair of Matrix shades as his trademark - yes, even when he runs at night!

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
21st Aug, 2004 - 5:00pm / Post ID: #

2004 Olympics - Page 2

Yes, his name is Jeremy Wariner and he is only 20 years old. I saw that heat and first thought "This guy is too cocky" However, when they interviewed him, he was very down to earth and basically pulled up because it was a heat and there was no one in his lateral line of vision.
Has anyone been following the whole Paul Hamm controversy? Apparently the Korean who finished second filed a complaint that he should have received a higher score for his high bar routine, and sure enough, the committee felt the same way and suspended the judges. However, since Korea filed the complaint after the event, the medals will stay the same, and Hamm will keep his gold. To keep in accordance with this board and records, this is the first time ever in the Olympics that an American has won gold in the Individual All-around event in gymnastics.

22nd Aug, 2004 - 1:29am / Post ID: #

2004 Olympics Sciences Education Art Writing & UFO - Page 2

In tennis, Suárez-Tarabini (Argentina) beat the japanese girls Asagoe-Sugiyama for 6-3 6-3 and they got another bronze medal. In baskteball, Argentina is also already in quarter finals.

+  1 2 3 4 

> TOPIC: 2004 Olympics

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,