D&D 3.5 Missing Ships Game - Page 30 of 31

Huzzah! Asthelion will remain in the - Page 30 - D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Posted: 26th Jul, 2012 - 7:10pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

28th March 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Cleric
Cleric
Ranger
Ranger
Draconian
Draconian
Wizard
Wizard
Fighter
Fighter
Paladin
Paladin
Rogue
Rogue
Warlock
Warlock
Barbarian
Barbarian

+  « First of 31 pgs.  26 27 28 29 30 31 
Closed
Missing Ships Oliron As Dungeon Master - Adventurers are needed to investigate and locate the missing ships cargo and crew. This quest (D&D 3.5) is only one adventure, not a campaign. To participate create your character HERE for approval. Dungeons and Dragons
22nd Jul, 2012 - 1:44pm / Post ID: #

D&D 3.5 Missing Ships Game - Page 30

"Oh, 'mistook' sure, when we had the real pirate tied up walking with us." Avan answers when he regains his composure. "Sorry, I guess I shouldn't be so harsh considering your loss. I have two questions, how long have you been watching us? and is Asthelion trapped there?"

Sponsored Links:
22nd Jul, 2012 - 8:13pm / Post ID: #

Game Ships Missing Dragons and Dungeons

About how long have you been watching us:
"A scout from our village reported the wooden tower being damaged. You and Asthelion attacked the investigators first without warning so they thought you were pirates. Then seeing you go into the lighthouse, we knew you were not. The pirates never go near the island."

About Asthelion:
One of the lizard men looks up at the lighthouse then at the sun, "It's getting late, perhaps."

Post Date: 23rd Jul, 2012 - 2:12pm / Post ID: #

D&D 3.5 Missing Ships Game
A Friend

D&D 3.5 Missing Ships Game Archive Pathfinder / D&D

Out of Char: Umm... Right... Errr... Well... I'm still in the lighthouse from what I gather... Talking to myself... Immobile.

In Character: Asthelion finds himself in a trance-like state. He sees without seeing as he is only vagely aware of someone grabbing his arm and telling him to get out. He is more focused on the voice he is hearing. Everything slows down to him and then he finds himself all alone in the room, a door creaking behind him but not really caring who or what made the noise. The rogue almost drops what is in his hand before he realizes what it is. Roxanne. The pirates. The mission. The lizard-folk. Avan. The lighthouse. The shadow. Everything comes rushing back to Asthelions head as he tries to will himself out of his trance-like state.

"I'll... Be damned...", Asthelion clenches his jaw as he struggles to growl under the influence acting on him, "If... I get... Scared off by... The... Spooky shadows in the corner."

Will (+2)
Result:22

24th Jul, 2012 - 5:04am / Post ID: #

Page 30 Game Ships Missing Dragons and Dungeons

Just as Asthelion is regainig himself the creaking door slams open (leading to the bedroom Avan was in) getting Asthelions full attention.

"Get out!", a cracking pained voice says from inside.
Asthelion sees a figure on the bed in the next room rise to a sitting position. The blanket once covering it drops down. Maggots poor out onto the bed from it. They drop, immediately crawling outwards frantically from the mass, some falling onto the floor.

It's then Asthelion looks upon the figures face. It is severely rotten, a clump of its hair drops off onto the bed. Its eyes and nose gone, just teeth and flesh.
"GET OOOUT !", the figure screams bringing its clawed hands up menacingly with lightning speed. Some guts and maggots fly threw the air from the motion. Asthelion hears a few sickening thuds and knows some of it hit him. Whether rotting flesh or maggots he isn't sure but the smell is overpowering.

GM note: Avan cannot hear any of this, nor can he see it. Asthelion you have entered combat and must post 3d20's in your next action, please.

Reconcile Edited: Oliron on 24th Jul, 2012 - 5:17am

Post Date: 25th Jul, 2012 - 2:18pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Game Ships Missing Dragons and Dungeons

Asthelion stares blankly at the corpse before him then makes gestures to his face, "You got a little something... Right here... And here... And here..." and bolts.

"Bad day bad day bad day!", the rogue says to himself as he takes his leave, gripping Roxanne in a backhand.

(If Asthelion can make it to the stairs then that's where he's heading, if Maggot Man ((sounds like a super villain)) is in between him and the stairs he'll run away through the lighthouse)

d20 rolls
10,19, & 16 not sure what bonuses needed to be added so I didn't. If you need me to lemme know.

26th Jul, 2012 - 3:06am / Post ID: #

"What happens when it gets late?" asks Avan "furthermore, do you know any clerics? I have no experience in dealing with spirits."

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
26th Jul, 2012 - 3:16am / Post ID: #

D&D 3.5 Missing Ships Game - Page 30

Asthelion you make it out of the lighthouse and meet back up with Avan. The adventurers converse a little more with the lizard-men and now have enough information to give the Mayor of Crawttport.

The lighthouse and its occupants were attacked by a band of rouge pirates led by a Captain Two Toes. After the lighthouse was taken over and ransacked the pirates made a false lighthouse. This makeshift lighthouse drew passing ships off course causing them to run aground on the Ginoye Reef. The pirates then killed any survivors and gathered up anything of value from the missing ships.

Your party was able to dismantle enough of the fake lighthouse to put it out of service. Your interactions with the pirates and the lizard-men cause the pirates to leave the area. After you take the fishing vessel back and report the haunted state of the lighthouse a group of clerics are deployed to cleanse it, and ultimately get the lighthouse working once more.

The Mayor thanks you both, giving you 50gp each and an extra bonus of 50gp for the timely manner that you solved his problem. Avan and Asthelion also receive 500 experience points, well done. Avan your character left his backpack in the lighthouse. The clerics return it to you when they get back from the lighthouse.

Thus concludes the search for the missing ships. Thank you both for that. Being able to complete an adventure does not happen often for me. I can count on my hands the number of times it has with the original members still in it.

If either of you are interested in continuing with me as your DM check out the Kamdrogh threads.

Reconcile Edited: Oliron on 26th Jul, 2012 - 3:29am

Post Date: 26th Jul, 2012 - 7:10pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

D&D 3.5 Missing Ships Game D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Page 30

Huzzah! Asthelion will remain in the city for a while longer (it's nice to not have to be run out of town all the time). Besides, this city might yet have more work for him. He occasionally sees Avan and greets him as an old friend, adventures have that effect on people.

(I'm game for more adventures but I'll be out of the country leaving today for 3 weeks so when I get back I'll let you guys know. Feel free to start an adventure and I'll just jump in if its ok.)

+  « First of 31 pgs.  26 27 28 29 30 31 

> TOPIC: D&D 3.5 Missing Ships Game

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,
This International Discussions custom Play By Post Pathfinder Role-playing Game uses trademarks and/or copyrights owned by Paizo Publishing, LLC under permission. More details can be found in the first Post of any Pathfinder RPG. Wizards of the Coast are he trademark owners for D&D and likewise allow the use of their system under permission.