Pokemon - Page 2 of 3

Poke'mon is a awsem show well the - Page 2 - Comic / Anime PBP RPGs, Reviews - Posted: 29th Aug, 2006 - 8:15pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 
Animated TV Series and general review of everything Pokemon
Post Date: 23rd Jun, 2004 - 12:05am / Post ID: #

Pokemon
A Friend

Pokemon - Page 2

Well I've never been hooked on the show, I usally don't like Anime/Manga shows because the people who make them change too much from the Graphic Noval. This goes for DBZ too which is my favorite Anime.

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 6th Oct, 2004 - 6:11am / Post ID: #

Pokemon
A Friend

Pokemon

Yes I know that Pokemon has died in the hearts of most"¦but ever since the release of Leaf Green/Fire Red I have wanted to get back into it"¦seriously though"¦do you remember when Pokemon actually use to be good and not a predictable plot"¦way back before Team Rocket became a useless threat"¦when it first started out"¦that's what I wanted to make with the site an original experience with Pokemon"¦

Over the years we have faced many ups and down with the gaming industry relating to Pokemon"¦here are a few:

-Red/Blue/Green Version- The one's that started it all"¦and made you want to catch them all
-Yellow Version- With Pikachu one of the most popular Pokemon at your side"¦
-Gold/Silver Version- Journey to Jhoto and back"¦it was a great take that seemed new and fresh
-Crystal Version- A rehash of Yellow except instead of a side kick you can now finally choose a gender...
-Ruby/Sapphire Version- Better graphics"¦and a few new twist here and there"¦like Pokemon Contests"¦
-Leaf Green/Fire Red Version- The newest one released in the USA on September 9, 2004.
-Emerald Version- Still over in Japan but plans to be here soon"¦you"ll see familiar things like animations when Pokemon come out of their Poke balls"¦etc.

There's others like Pokemon Pinball and stuff"¦but I never played those versions so I"m not one to judge"¦Then if you run over to the counsel you get many more:

-Pokemon Stadium- Hook up your Pokemon from Red/Blue/Yellow and battle it out trainer style"¦
-Pokemon Snap- A glittsy game that let's you take pics of Pokemon and print them out"¦
-Pokemon Stadium 2- Not bad but still felt like it lacked something"¦
-Pokemon Colosseum- This was a much anticipated game"¦however it let most players feeling like they could have put more into it"¦even though it will have more use if you get the Leaf Green/Fire Red games so that you can trade and breed"¦etc.

Alright"¦now that we"ve strolled down memory lane who's willing to join in the discussion?

Pokemon of the Week:

Alakazam

Post Date: 6th Oct, 2004 - 4:59pm / Post ID: #

Pokemon
A Friend

Pokemon Reviews & RPGs PBP Anime / Comic

I have to admit, I like some of the designs. Then again, about 75 to 80% of the Pokemon designs make me roll my eyes... like this. rolleyes.gif

As for the game itself (where the craze started), your guess is as good as mine. I'm a fan of RPGs in general, but one thing drives me nuts about what I hear from the Pokemon games. The battles are just one on one (recent ones have 2 on 2, but reviews have told me those are far and few between). That does not suit well for a turn-based game. It's basically turning it into "paper, rock, scissors." Geez, even some old NES games have better combat than this!

Offtopic but,
Dragon Warrior 4 is still my favorite game, and RPG, of all time. Great exploration, fun combat, and a better than I expected story. I can't believe no other RPG has removed it from that place yet. undecided.gif

Edit: Almost forgot, I don't own any of the Pokemon games (what I do know of the Pokemon designs I found on their website). I was contemplating getting Fire Red or Leaf Green, but several videos made me turn down that decision. I'd probably consider getting a Pokemon game if it seemed a lot like Fire Emblem.

Double Edit: Forgot something else. I did watch the show. It does have it's moments. I still kinda laugh at the idea of each of the towns having its own "Officer Jenny," and that they all look the same. Obviously it's poking fun at generic RPG sprite designs. laugh.gif

Reconcile Edited: Talduras on 6th Oct, 2004 - 5:09pm

Post Date: 6th Oct, 2004 - 8:58pm / Post ID: #

Pokemon
A Friend

Page 2 Pokemon

Yeah the games are nothing really to brag about...after you plaid the first you played them all...laugh.gif...not much has changed with the design and gameplay which goes to show that they are still reaching out to a younger audience...laugh.gif...but I think they need to step things up a bit...^_^

Overall though I agree with you...even though I've played like all the games and watched nearly all the episodes I feel that they can give us alittle more...like a less predictable plot and so forth...

RPG

13th Dec, 2004 - 12:19pm / Post ID: #

Pokemon

My son loves Pokemon even though I still trying to figure out what Pokemons really are...anyhow, because he likes the shows so much, I usually watch it with him and started kind of analising the cartoon...yeah...that's what I do in my free times rolleyes.gif laugh.gif just kidding....wink.gif

The bad guys in the show is 'Team Rocket'. A woman and a man (probably in their earlies 20's). I notice that James (the guy) every opportunity he has to disguise himself do it dressing up like a woman and Jessie (the girl) as a man. I think it is so odd!, sometime he does it even when he is not trying to disguise. Do you think this is a way to promote anything or am I just reading between lines?. I made a search about it to see if I was the only one noticing it and there are more people talking about it:

https://www.lanceandeskimo.com/angel/pokelove.shtml

There are also some pictures of the characters for you to know what I'm talking about....

Reconcile Edited: LDS_forever on 13th Dec, 2004 - 12:42pm

Post Date: 13th Dec, 2004 - 2:26pm / Post ID: #

Pokemon
A Friend

Pokemon

I consider myself an expert in cartoons maters:) pokemon is a contradiction in my book. Is missing all the ingredients for a good series but has enormous success with the very young public. It has a very good marketing but that is not enough to make it so popular.
as for the role changing, I think the idea is to underline the bipolar character of the negative guys... and if we analyse many cartoons have between the lines statements, maybe because the cartoons makers are some breed apart, but with no malefic intentions ...

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 11th May, 2006 - 12:20pm / Post ID: #

Pokemon
A Friend

Pokemon - Page 2

I screwed up this morning. I was watching TV and Pokemon 2000 the movie came on. My kids came down stairs and immediately fell in love with it! I have tried hard to prevent them from seeing fad cartoons, mostly for my benefit, but they finally saw it. Now they want to watch the whole movie and are excited about it, dang.

Post Date: 29th Aug, 2006 - 8:15pm / Post ID: #

Pokemon
A Friend

Pokemon Comic / Anime PBP RPGs & Reviews - Page 2

Poke'mon is a awsem show well the old ones are anyway, I think they added way to much with the newer ones but the old ones had pure laughter and fun with in them. I have a few of the old Poke'mon episodes on VHS.

+  1 2 3 

> TOPIC: Pokemon

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,