Illegals In The USA - Page 17 of 20

I understand what you are saying KN, and I - Page 17 - Politics, Business, Civil, History - Posted: 16th Jun, 2017 - 6:22pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  « First of 20 pgs.  13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 
US Illegal Immigrants Security risk - they are working at airports, nuclear power plants and key areas! Illegal Immigration.
Illegals In The USA Related Information to Illegals In The USA
20th Dec, 2016 - 4:18pm / Post ID: #

Illegals In The USA - Page 17

I feel like this is a hot-button issue for most people. I don't agree with Rasputin that land is free and everyone should be allowed to come and go as they please. While man does not own the land in any concrete manner, man can own the rights to land. You can't have people coming and going as they please and building on or using land that isn't theirs. There are laws for a reason and some of those laws dictate land ownership. The United States has many people come legally and then overstay their visas or whatever and are now here illegally, but not all of them are criminals, not all of them are tax dodgers, and not all of them are drains on social welfare programs. I know several illegal aliens (They are here legally, but not allowed to work) who have jobs and pay taxes, but will never see much of that tax help them directly (I know some of it goes to roads they use and any public transport available and etc, but social security and medicare and stuff will never be available to them). I also recognize that there are many illegal aliens who do abuse the system, but I don't think the majority do. America is meant to be a land for people to come to so they can escape their terrible lives elsewhere.

As Emma Lazarus wrote in the "The New Colossus", which is at the base of the statue of liberty:

international QUOTE
Not like the brazen giant of Greek fame,
With conquering limbs astride from land to land;
Here at our sea-washed, sunset gates shall stand
A mighty woman with a torch, whose flame
Is the imprisoned lightning, and her name
Mother of Exiles. From her beacon-hand
Glows world-wide welcome; her mild eyes command
The air-bridged harbor that twin cities frame.

"Keep, ancient lands, your storied pomp!" cries she
With silent lips. "Give me your tired, your poor,
Your huddled masses yearning to breathe free,
The wretched refuse of your teeming shore.
Send these, the homeless, tempest-tost to me,
I lift my lamp beside the golden door!"

I think this sentiment echoes exactly what America should be about. We are not world police who should punish everyone who doesn't behave as we want them to, but we should be a beacon of a better way of life, where the tired, poor, and wretched refuse can come and make a better life for themselves.

International Level: New Activist / Political Participation: 21 ActivistPoliticianNew Activist 2.1%

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 14th Feb, 2017 - 1:52am / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

USA The Illegals

Dreamers visit Mexico under program Trump may end

A program that gives students who arrived illegally in the U.S. As children the ability to study abroad may come to an end under the Trump administration. "It’s all up in the air right now,” said the program organizer who has put the next trip on hold. Ref. Source 5k.

Post Date: 22nd May, 2017 - 7:45pm / Post ID: #

Illegals In The USA History & Civil Business Politics

More than 600,000 foreign travelers who legally entered the United States in 2016 overstayed their visas. Visa overstays represent about 40% of the nation's 11 million undocumented immigrants. Ref. USAToday.

Post Date: 22nd May, 2017 - 9:47pm / Post ID: #

Illegals In The USA
A Friend

Page 17 USA The Illegals

How do we as a nation allow 600,000 people to overstay their visas and not think this is some kind of an issue? And that is just in one year. Again, a nation that can't control its borders is not a nation at all. This is partially how the Roman Empire fell. Ah, I hear scoffing out there. But that was so long ago, it's not the same. When considering the enormity of human existence on this Earth, it really wasn't that long ago. And one more thing, my take on something Santayana and Churchill both said in one way or another, those who do not learn from history are destined to repeat it.

Post Date: 16th Jun, 2017 - 10:58am / Post ID: #

USA The Illegals

Trucking companies buried immigrant workers in debt, worked them past exhaustion and left them with nothing. This ongoing USA TODAY Network investigation shows how executives pressed drivers to lease trucks they can't afford. They use that debt to force drivers behind the wheel, up to 20 hours a day for pay that sometimes drops to pennies on the hour. Then companies fire them and take their trucks - along with thousands they have paid toward buying them. Source 5j.

Post Date: 16th Jun, 2017 - 1:01pm / Post ID: #

Illegals In The USA
A Friend

Illegals In The USA

There are really bad people out there and this is an indication of it. This is worse than indentured servitude, this is darn near slavery. These people should go to jail for a very long time.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 16th Jun, 2017 - 1:34pm / Post ID: #

Illegals In The USA
A Friend

Illegals The USA - Page 17

No matter what walk of life is out there people will find a way to abuse those of lesser station. I think that people who do this sort of thing are bad people but if there was not a bunch of illegals here they could not get by with it. This is a 50/50 blame I think.

Post Date: 16th Jun, 2017 - 6:22pm / Post ID: #

Illegals In The USA
A Friend

Illegals The USA Politics Business Civil & History - Page 17

I understand what you are saying KN, and I don't agree with these illegal aliens breaking our laws. But I can't blame them for wanting a better life for themselves. That is why I'm so torn on this issue. I mean, all the vast majority of them want is a better life for themselves and their family, and the US is that shining beacon. But I don't think we should pin this on the illegals at all. Yes, they shouldn't be breaking our laws, but to be forced into near slavery is not the punishment them and their should have to endure.

+  « First of 20 pgs.  13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 

> TOPIC: Illegals In The USA

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,