Illegals In The USA - Page 6 of 20

Those were two interesting posts Nighthawk - Page 6 - Politics, Business, Civil, History - Posted: 4th Apr, 2006 - 8:47pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  « First of 20 pgs.  2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10  ...Latest (20) »
US Illegal Immigrants Security risk - they are working at airports, nuclear power plants and key areas! Illegal Immigration.
Illegals In The USA Related Information to Illegals In The USA
30th Mar, 2006 - 7:55pm / Post ID: #

Illegals In The USA - Page 6

employers will sweep by with a pickup truck and point to who they want, "You, you, and you, get in the truck."

Farseer, when I read this I thought "Wow, then it is true!" the reason for it, is because I saw several movies doing exactly that but I did not know it was actually a true occurrence.

In Los Angeles, if you go to the drive-through for fast food, you are greeted in Spanish. I've been to restaurants where none of the servers actually speak English at all! The banks have *all* their signs in Spanish. Coupons mass-mailed by major manufacturers to Los Angeles addresses are printed in Spanish

This is VERY wrong, I wonder why Los Angeles residents or other citizens have not complaint more about this? I am sure they have done but not enough to make any changes about it. Los Angeles is part of the USA, not Mexico! *shaking head*

With regards to the language, I fully agree with you. When I was in Maryland, I went to the hospital one day to find one of the nurses speaking to me constantly in Spanish just because she saw the way I look even though I greeted her in English. I replied to every question in English without her taking notice of it until in a moment she stopped what she was doing and said "Wait, you're speaking English!", I kind of rolled my eyes and I said "Yesss" and then she started speaking in English and saying how she never met an hispanic person coming to the Hospital that knows how to speak English.

It is important to mention that the problem with illegal immigration in the US is not only that these people are illegal but they are also unskilled workers, how can they possible learn how to speak English if they cannot even speak Spanish properly or some of them even read or write? They become a burden for the system and as much as I feel sorry for them and their situation, they should not be coming to the US to stay in welfare.

Another problem I see is a lot of stereotyping because of it. When I lived for two years in the US, I felt very threaten by the "looks" certain people gave me just because I am hispanic, just as the nurse in the hospital they assume all hispanics are uneducated, illegal and criminals.

International Level: International Guru / Political Participation: 1089 ActivistPoliticianInternational Guru 100%

Sponsored Links:
30th Mar, 2006 - 8:20pm / Post ID: #

USA The Illegals

QUOTE (LDS_forever @ 30-Mar 06, 2:55 PM)
This is VERY wrong, I wonder why Los Angeles residents or other citizens have not complaint more about this? I am sure they have done but not enough to make any changes about it. Los Angeles is part of the USA, not Mexico! *shaking head*

They have complained. They have used every possible recourse, other than a terror campaign. They have written to their representatives, gone to meetings with their representatives, passed propositions (laws) restricting rights given to illegals, elected people who promised to help them in this fight, elected a "Republican" governor, and everything else. But, since California is ruled by Democrats, who will do anything to expand their base of people dependant on the government, everything is overridden.

International Level: International Guru / Political Participation: 854 ActivistPoliticianInternational Guru 85.4%

Post Date: 31st Mar, 2006 - 1:27pm / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

Illegals In The USA History & Civil Business Politics

'LET THE PRISONERS PICK THE FRUITS'

House conservatives criticized President Bush, accused the Senate of fouling the air, said prisoners rather than illegal farm workers should pick America's crops and denounced the use of Mexican flags by protesters Thursday in a vehement attack on legislation to liberalize U.S. immigration laws.
Ref. https://www.cnn.com/2006/POLITICS/03/30/imm...p.ap/index.html

Post Date: 2nd Apr, 2006 - 1:41pm / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

Page 6 USA The Illegals

MINUTEMEN RETURN TO U.S. BORDER WATCH

Minuteman volunteers concerned about the continued flow of illegal immigrants across the border from Mexico gathered Saturday with lawn chairs, binoculars and cell phones for a new monthlong campaign aimed at raising public awareness of the issue.
Ref. https://www.cnn.com/2006/POLITICS/04/01/min...n.ap/index.html

4th Apr, 2006 - 4:41am / Post ID: #

USA The Illegals

Utah's embrace: no documents, no problem

Amid the country's caustic immigration debate, this may be the closest thing these days to an immigrant paradise.

Utah is the most Republican state in the country. But the state's more than 95,000 undocumented immigrants can legally drive with a "driving privilege card" created last year. They can go to any public university or community college and pay in-state tuition.

https://www.denverpost.com/nationworld/ci_3663998

The article goes on to correlate the state's large LDS population with its lax attitude on illegal immigrants. Take a read, it is pretty interesting.

International Level: Envoy / Political Participation: 241 ActivistPoliticianEnvoy 24.1%

4th Apr, 2006 - 1:17pm / Post ID: #

Illegals In The USA

Thanks for pointing that out. I am furious about that type of attitude. The LDS in Utah make such a big deal about being obedient to the laws of the land, but turn around and disregard them as they will.

It doesn't surprise me though, as the political situation in Utah is a complete mess.

Considering that Utah also has some of the worst social programs in the country, with extremely poor budgets, they will just see things get worse and worse from these types of actions.

International Level: International Guru / Political Participation: 854 ActivistPoliticianInternational Guru 85.4%

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
4th Apr, 2006 - 2:50pm / Post ID: #

Illegals The USA - Page 6

I read some time ago that Utah Social Program is one of the worsts in the country after Nevada. I am not surprised by the take on this issue, it is amazing the HUGE amount of illegal immigrants (specially Latin-Americans) over there. But I think is going to have a very negative outcome if they do not stop it somehow. Maybe when the crime rate increases dramatically over there maybe then they will start considering doing something about it, although I do not want to suggest that illegal immigrants are the ones to blame but since they have no documents and they literally do not "exist" for the country, crimes are much easily to committ. Although I read that commentary that Malexander put, I also read there are a considered amount of Utahs who are in totally disagreement.

International Level: International Guru / Political Participation: 1089 ActivistPoliticianInternational Guru 100%

4th Apr, 2006 - 8:47pm / Post ID: #

Illegals The USA Politics Business Civil & History - Page 6

Those were two interesting posts Nighthawk and LDS_forever. From an LDS perspective then, do you agree or disagree with this statement from the article?

The Book of Mormon teaches that a lost tribe of Israelites known as the Lamanites landed on the American continent in 600 B.C. and they are the forefathers of the native peoples of Mexico and Central and South America.

Many Mormons see the tens of thousands of Latin American immigrants who have arrived in the seat of the church as guided by the hand of God in order to be converted, critical players in an unfolding religious tale of biblical proportions.

International Level: Envoy / Political Participation: 241 ActivistPoliticianEnvoy 24.1%

> TOPIC: Illegals In The USA

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,