Illegals In The USA - Page 8 of 20

My sister-in-law is Guatemalteca. A lady became - Page 8 - Politics, Business, Civil, History - Posted: 31st Aug, 2007 - 5:33pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  « First of 20 pgs.  4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12  ...Latest (20) »
US Illegal Immigrants Security risk - they are working at airports, nuclear power plants and key areas! Illegal Immigration.
Illegals In The USA Related Information to Illegals In The USA
30th Jul, 2006 - 2:25am / Post ID: #

Illegals In The USA - Page 8

The US immigration authorities do NOT believe that they have a good program. They don't WANT any sort of system to stop illegal immigration. That is why the subject is under such intense discussion in the United States. There is hardly any system at all in place to stop illegal immigration right now.

Most people in the US want us to enforce our borders. This subject transcends political party. There are those on the far left who don't want us to do so. There are also some on the right who don't care. However, I think there is something like 70 to 80% of US citizens, including legal immigrants and their children (grandchildren, etc.) who want the borders tightly enforced. Many of us also want increased legal immigration.

Right now, though, it is very easy for anyone who wants to get into the US to do so. What is very difficult is for someone who wants to move here legally to do so.

I would personally prefer that the borders be tight as drums. Then, go through and make huge fines for any business that hires illegal immigrants. Finally, every person who is found to be in the country illegally should be immediately deported, unless they have committed crimes here, besides the crime of entering the country illegally. Those who have committed other crimes here should be punished accordingly, preferably with harsher punishments due to the fact that they are already criminals.

But President Bush, along with several organizations, doesn't want that. He wants amnesty for somewhere near 30 million illegal immigrants. He also wants to make it much easier for future illegals to become legal.

It is a huge problem, and the easy solutions are not palatable to the majority of US citizens.

International Level: International Guru / Political Participation: 854 ActivistPoliticianInternational Guru 85.4%

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 10th Aug, 2006 - 2:25pm / Post ID: #

Illegals In The USA
A Friend

USA The Illegals

I'm beginning to think that there isn't a man or woman in the government that can really come up with a decent plan for securing our borders that will really work. Its either to lenient, or to harsh. We need to secure our borders but still allow immigration freely in our country. After all, we were all immigrants at one point unless you are a Native American. Kicking out people just wanting to feed their families seems a little to harsh for me. And I honestly don't believe that illegals are making a real impact on our economy, at least not negatively. But I suppose its a matter of opinion because they don't have any real stats, just guestimates.

Post Date: 23rd Aug, 2007 - 2:42pm / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

Illegals In The USA History & Civil Business Politics

POLICE ORDERED TO REPORT ILLEGAL IMMIGRANT ARRESTS TO FEDS

New Jersey law enforcement was ordered Wednesday to notify federal immigration officials whenever someone arrested for an indictable offense or drunken driving is determined to be an illegal immigrant.
Ref. https://www.cnn.com/2007/US/08/22/newark.I'm...n.ap/index.html

Post Date: 31st Aug, 2007 - 3:34pm / Post ID: #

Illegals In The USA
A Friend

Page 8 USA The Illegals

I have noticed that ICE has been picking up enforcement. Employers are starting to notice. (It's about time.)

In my view, the way the U.S. and state governments have ignored the violation of our immigration laws for so long has allowed Americans to take in Hispanics almost as slave labor. We create a permanent underclass (though the illegal immigrants are willing, of course).

Recently a class in a Catholic school tried to address the issue. Some students objected to the discussion, arguing that illegal immigration was wrong. They were asked to be quiet, and at the end one student changed, "White power" several times.

Funny thing is, similar change by Hispanic groups have been made at rallies supporting illegal immigrants. You don't hear much about that.

Either is wrong.

https://www.9news.com/news/top-article.aspx?storyid=76418

31st Aug, 2007 - 4:35pm / Post ID: #

USA The Illegals

Tortdog:

Recently a class in a Catholic school tried to address the issue. Some students objected to the discussion, arguing that illegal immigration was wrong. They were asked to be quiet, and at the end one student changed, "White power" several times.

That's not the impression I got from reading the article. It seems like it was not mere discussion about the issue but some students started using a type of language that was not appropriate. I do not agree with saying "Mexicans should go back where they come from" if you have Mexican students right there! It's an insult and it's wrong and of course, there is always an idiot that must open their idiotic mouth and say "White power" rolleyes.gif

International Level: International Guru / Political Participation: 1089 ActivistPoliticianInternational Guru 100%

Post Date: 31st Aug, 2007 - 4:47pm / Post ID: #

Illegals In The USA
A Friend

Illegals In The USA

I read it both ways. And I think the article contradicted itself. I will re-read it.

UPDATE

So do you get the view that:

* Spanish teacher asks why students need to learn Spanish
* Discussion turns to immigration
* 4 or 6 students (conflicts) voiced anti-immigration opinions (not sure if anti-immigration or anti-illegal immigration)
* 20 students remained silent or supported immigration
* 2 students were offended and asked to leave
* 1 student said, "White power" several times
* 1 student was disciplined

At first, I read it to mean that some students objected to the discussion as a whole, not on what was being said. I know that I would question the relevance of such a controversial topic in a class to learn Spanish.

Of course, the teacher didn't start the discussion in that manner. But it seems to have quickly gone the wrong way.

Reconcile Edited: tortdog on 31st Aug, 2007 - 4:57pm

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
31st Aug, 2007 - 5:23pm / Post ID: #

Illegals The USA - Page 8

First of all, yes, the article or versions contradict themselves. First it says:

An e-mail sent to 9NEWS states the Hispanic students in the class at the time asked to leave, but were forced to stay in the classroom.

But then the "official" version states:

Two students, who were offended, asked to leave the classroom and were given permission to leave.

I think the teacher was obviously not prepared to handle the situation and the whole thing got out of control. I think due to the amount of illegal immigration in the US (specially Mexicans) it is very easy to turn an immigration debate into an anti-immigration one, of "Go back where you come from". It was very wrong and I know exactly how those students must have felt because I got the exact same statement by an old American lady in a Baltimore store. It was awful, at first, I thought it did not affect me (since it was the first time in my whole life I was a victim of discrimination) but 10 minutes later, I was in tears.

International Level: International Guru / Political Participation: 1089 ActivistPoliticianInternational Guru 100%

Post Date: 31st Aug, 2007 - 5:33pm / Post ID: #

Illegals In The USA
A Friend

Illegals The USA Politics Business Civil & History - Page 8

My sister-in-law is Guatemalteca. A lady became angry at her in a parking lot, and the lady told her that she should to back to Mexico. My SIL was deeply offended, and responded, "I'm not from Mexico, I'm from Guatemala!"

I kind of laughed, because I doubt that the lady cared. But it was kind of funny since my SIL has little respect for Mexicans, viewing her own country as above them. Part of me was thinking that she had acted exactly as the other lady had, looking down at people from a certain country.

Reconcile Edited: tortdog on 31st Aug, 2007 - 5:34pm

> TOPIC: Illegals In The USA

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,