Illegals In The USA - Page 10 of 20

I used to think that picking fruits and veggies - Page 10 - Politics, Business, Civil, History - Posted: 16th Jul, 2010 - 12:43am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  « First of 20 pgs.  6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14  ...Latest (20) »
US Illegal Immigrants Security risk - they are working at airports, nuclear power plants and key areas! Illegal Immigration.
Illegals In The USA Related Information to Illegals In The USA
Post Date: 14th Jul, 2010 - 6:44pm / Post ID: #

Illegals In The USA
A Friend

Illegals In The USA - Page 10

We have TONS of cheap labor -- thsoe people that have been living off the welfare system, without any medical or other valid reason, for years.

I drive past a couple additions of govt. Assisted housing daily. Some of those people drive better cars than I do (ie Lincoln Navigators!) They have several generations living in one apartment because one person is (validly) in the system and the rest can save money on housing & utilities.

Crack down on this type of abuse and these people can earn there way by doing what is being illegally done by illegal immigrants.

The immigrants can be send back to their home country and apply to enter the USA theright way and, maybe, eventually, earn citizenship the RIGHT way.

I realize there will be several years of pissed off people and semi-organized chaos, but in the long run, the country will no longer be considered a joke, people will be earning their own way, learning useful & productive skills, and the costs & benefits will balance out.

Most likely in our (the US public/citizens) favor...

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 14th Jul, 2010 - 10:15pm / Post ID: #

Illegals In The USA
A Friend

USA The Illegals

All I can say to that is good luck. I think there is a growing number of american who think the government should give them all handouts so they do not have to work at all. Life is easier for them that way.

Post Date: 14th Jul, 2010 - 11:07pm / Post ID: #

Illegals In The USA
A Friend

Illegals In The USA History & Civil Business Politics

That's true!
I used to deliver pizzas to some crappy run down houses full of people drinking with some really nice cars parked out front. The folks would be playing PS3 on a giant screen TV & ask if we accepted food stamps and not tip.
After a while you get fed up with seeing it & having them tell you how they only work a couple months a year so then they get back in the system!

Post Date: 14th Jul, 2010 - 11:53pm / Post ID: #

Illegals In The USA
A Friend

Page 10 USA The Illegals

This is one of the things I dislike about the USA. We cater to the illegal aliens and we cater to those who collect welfare while the hard working citizens are forced to pay higher taxes so they can hand out more welfare to the lazy and the illegal so that they can have nicer stuff. I remember sitting in a drive up ATM lane watching the guy ahead of me deposit four different welfare checks into his accounts. HE had four different IDs, ATM cards and accounts so that he could live even better off the system.

15th Jul, 2010 - 1:16am / Post ID: #

USA The Illegals

international QUOTE (Oliron)
I mean a guy goes to college for years to get a degree but then finds he can't get that job. Some of that I think is due to the fact that many companies hire illegals to do that job. Like being a cook or truck diver.
Sorry, but in what reality does a guy go to college to get a job as a cook or a truck driver? The jobs that illegals do are jobs most Americans wouldn't do - like cooks, dishwashers, janitors, slaughter houses, fish canneries, migrant farm workers, etc. - even if the wages were more than the so-called minimum. Name 10 people you know who would work in a slaughter house for $6.50-$8.00 an hour with 4 kids to feed, a car payment and a mortgage. Heck, name 5 or even ONE. Not bloody likely.

I'm not defending illegal immigration, I'm adamantly against it. By all means, people, come here *legally* and contribute to the system from which you take.

However, you have to admit that there are plenty of jobs being filled by illegals that would otherwise not be filled - dirty, dangerous, bloody jobs, that no one else will take.

International Level: Ambassador / Political Participation: 595 ActivistPoliticianAmbassador 59.5%

Post Date: 15th Jul, 2010 - 1:56am / Post ID: #

Illegals In The USA
A Friend

Illegals In The USA

When I first got out of the military I worked in a slaughter house for low pay and little benefits. I had a car payment that I needed to make so I took what ever job was out there. I would go back and do it again if I had to because I do not want handouts from the government.

Illegal immigrants are taking some of these low paying jobs and doing a lot of work others do not want to do but I think if you get rid of them and get rid of the welfare payments more people would actually take what work they could.

I believe the illegals are also getting food stamps and welfare money from the government as they continue to work there low paying jobs. This is why they have such nice cars, nice stereo equipment the latest PS3 system and the latest games and cell phones. It makes me wonder when I see all of this if they were just relying on that low paying job how are they affording all this nice stuff?

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
15th Jul, 2010 - 8:03am / Post ID: #

Illegals The USA - Page 10

international QUOTE
Sorry, but in what reality does a guy go to college to get a job as a cook or a truck driver? The jobs that illegals do are jobs most Americans wouldn't do - like cooks

Well in my reality I guess. I would like to go to college for the culinary arts to get a job as a cook in a restaurant. Maybe it isn't very glamorous or anything but I have an interest in learning how to cook professionally. Many resorts and resort areas need cooks to make food for the tourists. I would have a decent job and be in a nice tourist location.

Also the argument that illegals do jobs that Americans don't want to do is one I have heard said many times. I would do those jobs, I know a lot of people that would do those jobs. I think it is just strange to think that Americans are to good for those jobs. How do you think all these big buildings, railroads, roads, ect ... Got here? They were created by the working man. Some of that work was so dangerous many people died while at work.

That was a different time and I am not saying we should be expected to risk our lives at work. I am saying that the American citizen should not be in the mindset that some work is below him.

The problem I find with what you are saying FarSeer is that by allowing illegals to take over those jobs completely Americans are denied the opportunity to get those jobs if they wanted them or needed them. Also the companies are breaking many laws not just immigration laws when letting illegals do that job.

Do you think illegal immigrants are going to blow the whistle on a company that is sending out food that is potentially harmful? Or any number of illegal activities and abuses that can occur within a company? No often they look the other way to keep profits up or are to uneducated to know what to do. After all this is not their country why should they care about chemicals being dumped illegally (or something along these lines)?

Anyways back to my original thought. I live in an area were most of the jobs are packaging or assembly jobs. Now there was a time were many of the workers were illegal and I was ok with that. However over the years those companies are hiring only illegals or people of spanish decent. Once these companies are saturated to a certain point the American becomes the minority, and they do not want you there. Some people may find this hard to believe but I am not making it up and have been in this situation many times.

So for some time I was unable to find a job. I had to go out of my area and was able to find an assembly job at a factory that is just now opening up to temps. In the month that I have started working there the amount of workers of spanish decent has tripled. I do not know if they are illegal or legal because many times they come up with false citizenship somehow. I don't know exactly the procedure for it but I know it is done often enough so it must be pretty easy. My supervisor at this factory speaks english but not well, she does not train well. She also has not so great math skills and is slow on the reading and writing.

Why is she my supervisor if she is not well qualified? Maybe she does the work for less pay. Maybe they need her to talk spanish to the new workers who can't speak english. Maybe she is just a really good worker. I don't want to say she shouldn't be my supervisor because she is and I have to respect that. However I do have to question the motives of a company who's sole concern is making more money.

Yes maybe migrant workers do jobs that Americans do not want to do. However this is not always the case and in many cases the local lower class citizens suffer. Furthermore I don't think that concept should be reason to allow this to continue. Like was stated previously many Americans need to get off their butts and get to work. There are plenty of people available to do the work but they refuse because they know they can get by without working. In some cases even do better for themselves by being lazy.

Reconcile Edited: Oliron on 15th Jul, 2010 - 8:06am

International Level: Junior Politician / Political Participation: 70 ActivistPoliticianJunior Politician 7%

16th Jul, 2010 - 12:43am / Post ID: #

Illegals The USA Politics Business Civil & History - Page 10

I used to think that picking fruits and veggies was something that only illegal immigrants would do and that americans wouldnt do that kind of work but then I looked around where I am at today...Japan. In Japan, there is virtually little to no illegal immigration. Most of the fruits and many of the vegetables are grown domestically. Japanese and legal immigrants from Brazil or the Philippines pick all the produce, fruits and rice here in Japan. The result is definitely higher prices, but the food does get harvested, you just pay more for it. I think that if the US is serious about illegal immigration, then this would just have to be the sacrifice that has to be made in order to enforce it.

I can also say that it is some of the best tasting fruit I have ever tasted!

Reconcile Edited: Vincenzo on 16th Jul, 2010 - 1:00am

International Level: International Guru / Political Participation: 863 ActivistPoliticianInternational Guru 86.3%

> TOPIC: Illegals In The USA

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,