Illegals In The USA - Page 11 of 20

QUOTE (Oliron)Plus I think that many of them - Page 11 - Politics, Business, Civil, History - Posted: 18th Jul, 2010 - 2:56am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  « First of 20 pgs.  7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15  ...Latest (20) »
US Illegal Immigrants Security risk - they are working at airports, nuclear power plants and key areas! Illegal Immigration.
Illegals In The USA Related Information to Illegals In The USA
16th Jul, 2010 - 1:26am / Post ID: #

Illegals In The USA - Page 11

I am sure there are US citizens willing to do the job of illegal aliens, HOWEVER how many really? Maybe there are quite a few but not enough.

International Level: International Guru / Political Participation: 1089 ActivistPoliticianInternational Guru 100%

Sponsored Links:
16th Jul, 2010 - 6:24am / Post ID: #

USA The Illegals

This is just one more thing I am ashamed of about America. I am ashamed about wars we have been in and I am ashamed that so many people think we are too good for hard labor. It just hurts me to think that so many people think Americans are above working hard for little pay, for their country. 50 - 100 years ago that would have never been a question.

International Level: Junior Politician / Political Participation: 70 ActivistPoliticianJunior Politician 7%

16th Jul, 2010 - 7:24am / Post ID: #

Illegals In The USA History & Civil Business Politics

Actually, that was sort of my point. The Japanese fruits and vegetables cost so much because the people picking them arent getting the extremely low wages that crop pickers get in the US. That is why it translates to higher cost for them here in Japan. If you pay more for a job, there will be people that will do the work. I also don't think that welfare is as easy to obtain here in Japan as it is in the US, but need to get more data on that as it was what I was told by a coworker.

International Level: International Guru / Political Participation: 863 ActivistPoliticianInternational Guru 86.3%

Post Date: 16th Jul, 2010 - 10:06pm / Post ID: #

Illegals In The USA
A Friend

Page 11 USA The Illegals

I am ashamed that we have so many in America that wants to benefit for the freedoms they have but not work to make sure that it stays that way. I think if we got rid of the welfare and the illegal immigrants then more would be willing to work for some of these wages. I would be willing to spend more on fruit if it was american fruit hand picked by americans and not illegals.

17th Jul, 2010 - 5:04pm / Post ID: #

USA The Illegals

international QUOTE (Oliron)
I would like to go to college for the culinary arts to get a job as a cook in a restaurant.

That's a "chef" in my opinion, and not the same thing as a "cook." The jobs illegals take are not "chef" positions that require a college education, but fry cooks who flip burgers and fry hash browns in some "greasy spoon" not in any resort.

international QUOTE (KNtoran)
When I first got out of the military I worked in a slaughter house for low pay and little benefits.

You are among the very few who would, Klar, and I commend you on your fortitude. That's a nasty job to do. When I was a teenager, I used to drive my dad to work past the Farmer John slaughter house in Los Angeles, and the stench from there was horrible. I can't imagine being at "ground zero" where you're covered in that smell all day long, every work day.

international QUOTE (Vincenzo)
I think that if the US is serious about illegal immigration, then this would just have to be the sacrifice that has to be made in order to enforce it.

That's very true, we would have to pay more for virtually everything. However, the cost of supporting people in this country illegally is more - and not just monetarily. Japan is fortunate to not have a 1,900-mile-long border with one country on the south and 3,000 miles long on the north. As we've seen in the US, distance like that is virtually impossible to monitor, let alone defend.

International Level: Ambassador / Political Participation: 595 ActivistPoliticianAmbassador 59.5%

Post Date: 17th Jul, 2010 - 9:31pm / Post ID: #

Illegals In The USA
A Friend

Illegals In The USA

That is the biggest issue that the USA has. Defending its borders with other countries. If we could find a solution to this issue I believe that we will have solved the illegal problem. But just how do we secure or borders with Mexico and Canada? That is the big question.

I know if we do secure the borders and get rid of all the illegal immigrants we will find that we are saving a lot of taxpayer money. The number of illegals that are getting welfare and spending taxpayer money by going to the ER for any illness is high. just think of the millions in savings that then can be turned around and paid to legal workers and citizens of this great nation.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
18th Jul, 2010 - 1:12am / Post ID: #

Illegals The USA - Page 11

Thats the thing, if we did what we should have done from the beginning there would be no problem. That is why we are having a problem. We did not take care of it the right way from the beginning. I live this problem day to day and I can tell you there is no easy answer now in my view.

It is like trying to do intricate surgery on America, trying to remove the harmful from the productive. Laws can be a step in the right direction but many law enforcers abuse laws because they are prejudice. Also not every case is the same.

I don't think it is a case of having the problem be black and white. Laws can be blind in dealing with "criminals".

I feel conflicted with this whole issue because I can understand why the illegal would come to America to seek better. I feel for them and completely understand their desire for a better life. At the same time I need a job just like they do and there isn't a ton of jobs to go around right now. Plus I think that many of them don't want to be American and don't respect American's.

I feel a little bad for them because here they are in America because their own country is lacking. However they don't feel like they are American or don't want to admit that America is better. So they are kind of homeless in a way. Also how much are they really supposed to care about anything when they could be thrown back into Mexico any day.

I am not trying to say what is going on is ok I am just saying they are humans too and we should not forget that they are. Once we start thinking of it like they are those people and we are these people I think that is wrong. What I would like to see though is fairness all around. I want mine and you can have yours. I really just want to get along with all this and find a solution for everyone.

I don't think it is going to be that simple though because many illegals do not have the mindset of "lets all just get along.". Most of them have the mindset of "were is my money at and how can I get more.".

Maybe we should be real about this and focus more on getting their mindset to be more of "how do I become a real American?".

Reconcile Edited: Oliron on 18th Jul, 2010 - 1:26am

International Level: Junior Politician / Political Participation: 70 ActivistPoliticianJunior Politician 7%

18th Jul, 2010 - 2:56am / Post ID: #

Illegals The USA Politics Business Civil & History - Page 11

international QUOTE (Oliron)
Plus I think that many of them don't want to be American and don't respect American's. ... However they don't feel like they are American
I agree with you there, Oliron. For many, I think that is the bigger problem. They come here to work, but a lot of them send all their money back home and they plan on going back, too, at some point. I know many, many people who come here and *never learn to speak English* - they don't have to, because we cater to them, printing all public school documents in both English and Spanish, all hospital forms are printed in both languages, banks have everything in both languages, etc, etc, etc.

Look, I have nothing personal against any person wanting to better their life, who come here with ambition and work hard and care for their families and their homes. My frustration is with those who will not accept and assimilate into American life, who come here illegally and abuse the system and then call us racist when we try to enforce the law.

I also think it's too late to try to enforce any kind of deportation. There are way too many already in place to try to round them up and ship them out. Like you said, Klar - intricate surgery. It's too much to even try. So there has to be some kind of amnesty for those who are here, in my opinion. Then enforce the laws as they stand going forward.

International Level: Ambassador / Political Participation: 595 ActivistPoliticianAmbassador 59.5%

> TOPIC: Illegals In The USA

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,