Western Or Japanese?

Western Japanese - Comic / Anime PBP RPGs, Reviews - Posted: 23rd Jul, 2004 - 7:10am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 4 5  ...Latest (8) »

?
Poll: Which animation style do you prefer?
  Western       20.00%
  Japanese       80.00%
Total Votes: 45
Guests Cannot Vote - Join To Add Your Vote! 
The two are different, which animation style do you prefer? Key Comic Thread
Post Date: 5th Jun, 2004 - 12:51am / Post ID: #

Western Or Japanese?

Western animation and Japanese are very different. The way the characters move look and talk reflect the styles of each culture. Which do you prefer and why?

Sponsored Links:
8th Jun, 2004 - 1:28am / Post ID: #

Japanese Western

Western for sure, it is more realistic and true to life. Japanese cartoons are too focused on the ridiculous and exaggerate the features like the eyes. Do not get me wrong, there are some very good Japanese cartoons, but in general I will take Western creations any day.

Post Date: 23rd Jun, 2004 - 11:39pm / Post ID: #

Western Or Japanese?
A Friend

Western Or Japanese? Reviews & RPGs PBP Anime / Comic

I like Japanese better because of the detail to the eyes and emotians. Plus I can draw Japanese alot better than Western. tongue.gif I like Western alot too though... ^_^'

Post Date: 20th Jul, 2004 - 3:00am / Post ID: #

Western Or Japanese?
A Friend

Japanese Western

I much prefer that of the Japanese style. It does exgarate on the eyes and other things, but the detials are amazing. The storys that are told are just amazing, and they get so detailed into what happens. Much of the Western cartoons tend to be more silly and slap stick goofy with loads of senseless violence, IE tom and jerry. Plus Japanese are more centered towards an adult audiance, while the Western is for the kiddies, which does have its plus's when your little.

Post Date: 21st Jul, 2004 - 11:16pm / Post ID: #

Western Or Japanese?
A Friend

Japanese Western

ANIME!!! O_O
Sorry, I've never liked the Western styles at all, as Areken here would know. And I owe my 8 year long obsession to Japanese animation for influencing my own art and as well getting me accepting into my future college. I've been told that even the board of directors were surprised by by my level in the area of that type of art. Not braggng at all though, but really, ever since I realized that anime existed my own life has seemed to be a lot better ^.^

Post Date: 21st Jul, 2004 - 11:22pm / Post ID: #

Western Or Japanese?
A Friend

Western Or Japanese?

It is true she doesn't like western cartoons, which makes watching tv with her slightly difficult. but she is not bragging when it comes to her art. I have also come up with another bonus to that of the Japanese style of animation. it is acting as a guide. take a look at some of the more recent cartoons that is being made here in the west, and compare it to that of the Japanese. You'll see what I mean.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
22nd Jul, 2004 - 4:10pm / Post ID: #

Western Japanese

international QUOTE
The storys that are told are just amazing, and they get so detailed into what happens.

Are you referring to a particular series of animation as I think all the opposite about Japanese cartoons, maybe it is just because I am using what I have seen on TV to judge.

international QUOTE
I've been told that even the board of directors were surprised by by my level in the area of that type of art.
Rather off topic, but...
We have a section about art, you should tell us more about your work there and even link to one or two of your pics. If you do not have a web site then use the gallery to show thumbnails.

Post Date: 23rd Jul, 2004 - 7:10am / Post ID: #

Western Or Japanese?
A Friend

Western Japanese Comic / Anime PBP RPGs & Reviews

No, most all japanese animation have more detail, story wise, then any western cartoons. even in such shows as pokemon you can see the difference. when ever I think of western cartoons, I always think of stuff like Kids Next Door, Tom and Jerry, and other cartoons that you will find on Cartoon Network. all of those are shows that have just have random events happen and no storyline whats so ever. while the japanese cartoons have a story that the follow and with time it reachs an end point, unlike the western where they just keep going till they are canceled. but there are some japanese shows that have over the top storylines that just make you go wow. such would be Akira, lodoss war, gundam wing, and trigun.

+  1 2 3 4 5  ...Latest (8) »

> TOPIC: Western Or Japanese?

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,