Western Or Japanese? - Page 2 of 8

I prefer the Japanese style definitely. While - Page 2 - Comic / Anime PBP RPGs, Reviews - Posted: 20th Jan, 2005 - 9:35pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 4 5 6  ...Latest (8) »

?
Poll: Which animation style do you prefer?
  Western       20.00%
  Japanese       80.00%
Total Votes: 45
Guests Cannot Vote - Join To Add Your Vote! 
The two are different, which animation style do you prefer? Key Comic Thread
Post Date: 16th Aug, 2004 - 9:41pm / Post ID: #

Western Or Japanese?
A Friend

Western Or Japanese? - Page 2

Most definitely, I like Japanese animation better than Western, but I can't draw either ^^

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 17th Aug, 2004 - 11:16am / Post ID: #

Western Or Japanese?
A Friend

Japanese Western

I like Japanese animation better. It's because of the storyline, character developements etc are better than Western animation. I like some of the Western cartoon though smile.gif.

Post Date: 18th Aug, 2004 - 6:32pm / Post ID: #

Western Or Japanese?
A Friend

Western Or Japanese? Reviews & RPGs PBP Anime / Comic

i actually like them both about the same...now if they could just mix both cultures i do think you'd be able to get the best of both worlds...

Post Date: 6th Oct, 2004 - 11:12pm / Post ID: #

Western Or Japanese?
A Friend

Page 2 Japanese Western

Anime all the way! tongue.gif

Personally I really go for the ninja stuff, I think the idea of people jumping around building to building, and pulling off crazy stunt's like punching people through walls and all is awesome.

Post Date: 7th Oct, 2004 - 12:52am / Post ID: #

Western Or Japanese?
A Friend

Japanese Western

Assuming it's done right, Japanese animation. I'm a big fan of the expressiveness it uses (just so long as it doesn't get too excessive). Character expressions and the overall look and feel tend to be better in my opinion. But, my main thing is the expressiveness. I mean, why else would I consider the following emoticon to be my favorite? ^_^

Post Date: 17th Jan, 2005 - 7:24am / Post ID: #

Western Or Japanese?
A Friend

Western Or Japanese?

Yeah I am definitely a Japanese man! I love the way their eyes are drawn and all the emotion they can really put in to them! Plus they wear better clothes and have cooler character names tongue.gif

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 18th Jan, 2005 - 8:23am / Post ID: #

Western Or Japanese?
A Friend

Western Japanese - Page 2

I don't have a preference for either style. They both have pluses and minuses, but, most of all, it is the individual story or plotline that interests me more than the animation style.

I also feel that 'western' animation gets a bad rap because most of what people see of it is meant for mindless entertainment while most of what we see of other countries' work is what was interesting enough to adults to have it brought here. Disney alone has put out a ton of great animation, some of which is every bit as detailed and deep as anime. If you ever want to see some classic, deep, slightly disturbing animation, dig up a copy of a movie called Wizards. It's animated and campy at times interspersed with very serious themes of the horror of warfare. The stand-out character is Necron-99, and he never does much more than tramp silently around wasting people until the very end (he's an assassin, what else would he do?). It's not intended for a young audience, like many of the anime shows that finally end up here. Oh, and there is plenty of fluff anime stuff, too (anyone remember Hello Kitty?). We just don't see it unless it's mass-marketable (the Japanese aren't stupid).

A review about Wizards

Another Review

Reconcile Edited: Snerd on 18th Jan, 2005 - 8:42am

Post Date: 20th Jan, 2005 - 9:35pm / Post ID: #

Western Or Japanese?
A Friend

Western Japanese Comic / Anime PBP RPGs & Reviews - Page 2

I prefer the Japanese style definitely. While Jap. style can get a little out of had with huge eyes and such, a lot of that style is much much more realistic. Look at Akira, Ghost in the Shell, and the series Witch Hunter Robin. The people look much more realistic then say Pokemon or Trigun. And they look a ton more realistic then Kids Next Door. The storylines, which tend to be more geared towards adults, are almost always more intricate and better woven together.
One of my favorite, Rurouni Kenshin, is a great example of this. An in depth character with a past, and it takes a good amount of the Series to find out what it is. The series progresses with his past catching up to him and the realization that one man can never out run his past, he can merely atone for it. I love the storyline, animation, and action scenes. It played a pivotal role in my love for Japanese animation.

+  1 2 3 4 5 6  ...Latest (8) »

> TOPIC: Western Or Japanese?

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,