Animatrix - Page 2 of 3

I loved the way they tied in stories together - Page 2 - Matrix Trilogy - Plugged RPG - Posted: 21st Oct, 2014 - 1:29am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 
14th Aug, 2004 - 9:08pm / Post ID: #

Animatrix - Page 2

Matrix

why didn't the Agents try to take over Neo like they usually do with other humans

Because he was liberated, and because he was a program just like them. Only Mr. Smith was able to take over other agents and he didnt have this ability until he was upgraded. Since Morpheus, Trinity and others from Zion were in essence hacking into the Matrix from a pirate signal, they were not a part of the main construct and therefore not able to be taken over.

Sponsored Links:
14th Aug, 2004 - 9:25pm / Post ID: #

Animatrix

Matrix

You are thinking after, but I am thinking before... before they find out about the Matrix - during their period of hacking. Trinity was a hacker and then Morepheus discovered her. It seems that Agents can immediately sense something is not right and take over that body. So if someone tries to hack surely they can take it over right away. See where I am coming from?

14th Aug, 2004 - 9:32pm / Post ID: #

Animatrix RPG Plugged Trilogy Matrix

Matrix

It seems that Agents can immediately sense something is not right and take over that body

I dont agree with that statement. I think Agents can key in on certain individuals through humans that are plugged in. In Matrix 1, Mr. Smith took over the bum in the subway station because he saw Neo and Trinity. The Agents were then able to take over humans that saw Neo running through the streets. I dont think however that they could sense that humans were realizing the truth about the matrix, and thus take them over and make things right. This was purposely left out of their programming model to allow for Zion to be populated. Morpheus had to be one of the 23 that were picked by Neo when Zion was rebuilt after everytime Neo chose the 'right' door. I say this because of what the Oracle said about Morpheus being one of the first, and what Morpheus said about the person who freed the first citizens of Zion.

15th Aug, 2004 - 12:14am / Post ID: #

Page 2 Animatrix

Matrix

I think Agents can key in on certain individuals through humans that are plugged in.

I am not sure how that differs from what I said before about the agents sensing something wrong and then showing up in someone's body... think about it, a primary target of the Agents was the keymaker who was a program and not plugged in - unless you are saying they followed Morepheus and Trinity to get to the Keymaker? Then again near the opening of Reloaded we see that three upgraded agents suddenly appear and they (some humans guarding the door to the meeting) wonder how they were found Neo can sense them - so maybe so can Agents or Smith - was that Smith that portrayed himself as three? Maybe you are right that somehow they can sense 'those that are at a conscious' level in the Matrix and home in on the signal, then again we cannot know for sure since we are only shown the Matrix from the point of view of one going 'in' rather than someone already 'in'. Without losing face for the subject matter of this thread let me add that the Animatrix gives a glimpse of the Osiris somehow 'discovering' Zion being attacked from above by one of the diggers - if the theory of a Matrix being inside of a Matrix is right then we must know that it was purposeful for that to happen. In fact the Asian woman in that same scene - she drops the package in the mailbox while standing next to an old woman, interesting that she did not turn into an Agent - don't you think?

15th Aug, 2004 - 1:49am / Post ID: #

Animatrix

Matrix

If she had stuck around long enough, the old lady Would have changed into an agent, no doubt about it!

Post Date: 10th Aug, 2010 - 9:16pm / Post ID: #

Animatrix
A Friend

Animatrix

I liked the episode where a couple where fighting in the simulator with eyes closed using a veil, and slowly begun stripping each other off clothes without a scratch, all this in 3D. It was stunning visuals and the music rocked. I did like the story too, although a bit sad. It also connects to the matrix game where you control the Ghost and Niobe.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
12th Aug, 2010 - 1:34am / Post ID: #

Animatrix - Page 2

Matrix

After the relative success of the Animatrix I thought they would do a follow-up either as a TV series or just a part two of flicks but it looks like the directors are really done with the Matrix, at least for now.

21st Oct, 2014 - 1:29am / Post ID: #

Animatrix Matrix Trilogy Plugged RPG - Page 2

Matrix

I loved the way they tied in stories together from the Animatrix. I was hoping they kept on producing more. There is a big Matrix following out there still, if they ever came back it would be a bang.

+  1 2 3 

> TOPIC: Animatrix

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,
The Wachowskis and Warner Bros. are the original copyright holders, creators and producers of the Matrix Trilogy. Material used here is on the basis of "fan" site. Plugged RPG is a FREE custom built Text RPG based on the Matrix concept giving Players a chance to use the Matrix Theme in a Play by Post environment.