Registration! - Page 2 of 3

I have changed the Reason for joining field - Page 2 - Community News, FAQ, Feedback - Posted: 17th Aug, 2019 - 2:53am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 

?
Poll: Registration for me was...
  Very easy       16.67%
  Easy       50.00%
  Okay       25.00%
  Difficult       8.33%
  Tedious       0.00%
Total Votes: 12
Guests Cannot Vote - Join To Add Your Vote! 
Registering in the Community. Oh goodness, I think I am going to have a baby over this one! How difficult was it for you to Register to become a Member?
25th May, 2005 - 8:46pm / Post ID: #

Registration! - Page 2

The check page sounds like a very good idea to me. It is a good idea to emphasize these important points.

Sponsored Links:
26th May, 2005 - 2:49am / Post ID: #

Registration

I think it's a great idea, JB. It will help, as you say, to keep the focus on "why you are here" and then "what happens next" -- especially for RPGers who just want to click on a button and play immediately (which isn't how it works here), and for those who seem to think we are going to contact them somehow after they have posted their intro message (I think many don't understand that they have to *come back* to receive any replies).

Roz

26th May, 2005 - 11:00am / Post ID: #

Registration! Feedback & FAQ News Community

I think it is an excellent idea. Of course, by highlighting the fact that you must be 16 to participate in RPG, it might just encourage them to lie or not tell us their age at all. undecided.gif We generally find out they are too young, only because they didn't read the age restriction and then foolishly told us they were 13, 14 or 15. Still if they are inclined to lie there isn't much we can do.

I definately think it will be a help, especially to people who are new to the entire forum experience.

18th Jun, 2005 - 6:42pm / Post ID: #

Page 2 Registration

Yes, I am sure there will be those that try to lie or not even read, but it will be picked up on really fast. You can usually tell the maturity of someone by the way they write. Not to mention we have certain rules here that if you did not read them it would be obvious in their actions. So far it has been working pretty well and has not hampered new registrations - in fact most say they are more curious by all the red tape.

18th Jun, 2005 - 8:19pm / Post ID: #

Registration

I can't exactly remember the registration process, but I'm quite sure it wasn't much of a big deal. On the other hand, those who think the registration process is difficult are not here to tell wink.gif

18th Jun, 2005 - 10:41pm / Post ID: #

Registration!

international QUOTE
... Those who think the registration process is difficult are not here to tell

You will be surprised to know that some actually join just to rant about the whole registration process and because of that said process ask for their membership to be deleted. Now I put it down to two things: sheer boredom or total idiocy.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
16th Feb, 2018 - 1:01am / Post ID: #

Registration! - Page 2

Only today someone wrote to say that they could not do manual Registration. I checked and sure enough there was an odd bug in the system that may have turned many away! This does not count for those who chose the Social icons but how disappointing that was for me. I hate when codes decide to go and do their own thing when I have not touched them!

17th Aug, 2019 - 2:53am / Post ID: #

Registration! Community News FAQ & Feedback - Page 2

I have changed the Reason for joining field to two specific choices as a reason for joining:

1. ROK II
2. Discussion

Those are the only real reasons to be part of the Community. All the other options made it complex and / or some have been discontinued so this simplifies things. The other reason is new Users putting all kinds of ridiculous Reasons like "Looking for Love" rolleyes.gif only to end up playing ROK II.

+  1 2 3 

> TOPIC: Registration!

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,