Labor Day - Page 2 of 3

Name: Lucy Country: Comments: Sometimes preparing - Page 2 - Culture, Family, Travel, Consumer Reviews - Posted: 13th Sep, 2010 - 11:50am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 
7th Sep, 2004 - 1:55am / Post ID: #

Labor Day - Page 2

Well, this was suppose to be a very ordinary Labor Day but things don't always go the way you think. The day started out okay but then my mom had a severe asthma attack. It was so bad that I had to call an ambulance and take her to the ER. She was there for quite a while as they did test after test and finally said that she could go home. There was no sign of pneumonia, which is what I was worried about, and her heart was fine. She had a heart attack last year so that worried me too. Apparently there were several people in the ER today with asthma attacks, I think the air quality is bad today. Needless to say I didn't go to work as I was suppose to. Thankfully Target is a very understanding employer. She is doing a lot better now and will be seeing her regular doctor tomorrow for an unrelated problem, but I think I'll make sure he checks her out again. I for one am glad that Labor Day is nearly over.

Sponsored Links:
15th Mar, 2007 - 8:00pm / Post ID: #

Day Labor

We don't have a labor day in the UK, so I don't really know much about it, only what I've heard mentioned on the tv.
One thing that puzzles me though, on tv, I've heard a couple of references to not being allowed to wear white after labor day, I don't understand this, could anybody explain what this is about please?...Or have I just got it wrong somewhere?

Post Date: 3rd Sep, 2008 - 3:45pm / Post ID: #

Labor Day
A Friend

Labor Day Reviews Consumer & Travel Family Culture

Well another Labor day has come and gone. I hope that you all had a great Labor day here in the USA.

3rd Sep, 2010 - 2:19pm / Post ID: #

Page 2 Day Labor

I'm hoping to get some needed rest this labor day weekend. I haven't been sleeping well so maybe I can get some shut eye if the neighborhood kids don't decide to make their noise over the weekend.

Post Date: 3rd Sep, 2010 - 8:30pm / Post ID: #

Labor Day
A Friend

Day Labor

DianeC

international QUOTE
One thing that puzzles me though, on tv, I've heard a couple of references to not being allowed to wear white after labor day, I don't understand this, could anybody explain what this is about please?...Or have I just got it wrong somewhere?

This is sort of a fashion rule, I guess in the United States. I have heard it all of my life since I was a little girl. I don't think most Americans follow it. You wear white when Spring comes and then you stop wearing white after Labor Day. You wear blacks, browns, blues, etc...I mainly apply that "rule" to the color shoes or pants I am wearing. I don't wear white shoes or white pants after labor day. I have six little boys under the age of 11, so I don't even wear white pants from Spring through Labor Day. My boys get pretty messy and I am constantly cleaning them smile.gif Anyhow, I believe that might help clear up a little bit of what you were mentioning.

Me and my family are planning on doing some free swimming at our local pool throughout the whole weekend. Can you believe the public pools in Arizona close by Labor Day, even though it is still in the 100's?! They could keep them open through the end of October--It's still in the 80's then!

Post Date: 3rd Sep, 2010 - 10:14pm / Post ID: #

Labor Day
A Friend

Labor Day

This labor day I am planning on relaxing at home. Maybe I will get some nice steaks to grill out and invite my parents over for a little get together. I do not plan to travel anywhere.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
4th Sep, 2010 - 4:23am / Post ID: #

Labor Day - Page 2

I'll be going to the semi-annual church singles' conference in San Diego (again) where all the same people who have been going for years will (still) be there. (It's a good thing that it's not intended as a marriage bureau, because they would surely fail.) I will stay at my friend's home (again) and we will play Scrabble every chance we get for two days (as usual). My life doesn't change much smile.gif but I'm expecting to have a fun visit with my friends.

Post Date: 13th Sep, 2010 - 11:50am / Post ID: #

Labor Day Culture Family Travel & Consumer Reviews - Page 2

Name: Lucy

Comments: Sometimes preparing for Labor Day is like a workout. We usually have an outdoor barbecue with a few friends but the preparation is so taxing specially when there is this mad rush to get everything before the weekend. In the end my Labor Day was pretty good though, can't wait for the next one in 2011.

+  1 2 3 

> TOPIC: Labor Day

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,